Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audioengine A5+Fiio?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audioengine A5+Fiio?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

I was thinking that if I purchased the audioengine a5's I should purchase a desktop DAC as well.
I was wondering if I should purchase the fiio e10 desktop amp instead of going the audioengine DAC as the fiio one is a lot cheaper.
What would be the pros or cons of going this way? has anyone tried this before?
Thanks.

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarSy View Post

I was thinking that if I purchased the audioengine a5's I should purchase a desktop DAC as well.
I was wondering if I should purchase the fiio e10 desktop amp instead of going the audioengine DAC as the fiio one is a lot cheaper.
What would be the pros or cons of going this way? has anyone tried this before?
Thanks.

Might help to know what source(s) your planning on using the DAC and AudioEngine A5 with?

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Might help to know what source(s) your planning on using the DAC and AudioEngine A5 with?

 

Just my laptop, I'm going to be playing music via foobar and movies and such nothing too complex.

post #4 of 6

The Fiio E10 is a good value at only $53, I would say go for it.

I'm assuming you need it for headphones and the AudioEngine A5?

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

The Fiio E10 is a good value at only $53, I would say go for it.

I'm assuming you need it for headphones and the AudioEngine A5?


Yep, That's it nothing too high end haha.
I currently listen with a pair of momentums which really don't need a dac I think but I may purchase another pair later..
so idk do you think this would make for a nice first audiophile setup?

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarSy View Post


Yep, That's it nothing too high end haha.
I currently listen with a pair of momentums which really don't need a dac I think but I may purchase another pair later..
so idk do you think this would make for a nice first audiophile setup?

For the first setup, it should be fine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audioengine A5+Fiio?