I agree 100%. I love that Pan Am sound, it just needs to go in a proper casing, rather than a powder coated temporary one If you like the Pan Am sound, try the WA7- Its quite similar, but a little more serious in that it reaches slightly deeper, and higher at both ends, i love it!
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit or Woo Audio for HD-650 Last post on 1/28/13 at 2:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla for first tube amp? Last post on 7/25/12 at 7:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
[REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Loved this review, thanks mrbigsby! I am based in Sydney, and just starting my journey into audio (Bilbo Baggins style).
I am looking into the Pan Am / Woo Audio Fireflies. I think I am leaning towards the Fireflies, but if a Pan Am deal comes up that I cannot say no to, I might have to impulse buy it.
I started out with cheaper DAC/AMPS, with the Sennheiser HD598's and only recently bought AKG Q701's. I am finding the sound out of the Q701 with my Topping D2 / Fiio E18 a little lacking.
Biggest problem with me is that I have expensive tastes and no money. So I guess that gives me some time to research and try to catch up in a Sydney meet to identify what is right for me.
I was at a mates place and tried the Q701 with his AVR Denon 3313, and while I know that sounds can be better, I was pretty much in audio heaven. I say this because I have not yet experienced anything better in my audio journey ... yet.
- [REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Portable spectrum analyzer? 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › THE FIRST REAL HIGH END ..........HP IN THE WORLD!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › I was wondering where i can get my Shure SE215 to get customized... 3 minutes ago
- › TV/Films/Gaming Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3