I agree 100%. I love that Pan Am sound, it just needs to go in a proper casing, rather than a powder coated temporary one If you like the Pan Am sound, try the WA7- Its quite similar, but a little more serious in that it reaches slightly deeper, and higher at both ends, i love it!
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit or Woo Audio for HD-650 Last post on 5/7/16 at 8:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla for first tube amp? Last post on 7/25/12 at 7:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
[REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Loved this review, thanks mrbigsby! I am based in Sydney, and just starting my journey into audio (Bilbo Baggins style).
I am looking into the Pan Am / Woo Audio Fireflies. I think I am leaning towards the Fireflies, but if a Pan Am deal comes up that I cannot say no to, I might have to impulse buy it.
I started out with cheaper DAC/AMPS, with the Sennheiser HD598's and only recently bought AKG Q701's. I am finding the sound out of the Q701 with my Topping D2 / Fiio E18 a little lacking.
Biggest problem with me is that I have expensive tastes and no money. So I guess that gives me some time to research and try to catch up in a Sydney meet to identify what is right for me.
I was at a mates place and tried the Q701 with his AVR Denon 3313, and while I know that sounds can be better, I was pretty much in audio heaven. I say this because I have not yet experienced anything better in my audio journey ... yet.
Great review of some very popular tube amps. You say in your post "Compare this to the WA6 Australian price of $699". Where were you sourcing your WA6 from at this price?? Most places I look retail the WA6 for ~$1000. So the price difference to the Pan Am would be less pronounced.
I'm in the market for a WA6 myself so I'd be interested to know.
- [REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell.
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 22 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Best dac/amp for PS4 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear