I agree 100%. I love that Pan Am sound, it just needs to go in a proper casing, rather than a powder coated temporary one If you like the Pan Am sound, try the WA7- Its quite similar, but a little more serious in that it reaches slightly deeper, and higher at both ends, i love it!
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit or Woo Audio for HD-650 Last post on 1/28/13 at 2:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla for first tube amp? Last post on 7/25/12 at 7:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
[REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Loved this review, thanks mrbigsby! I am based in Sydney, and just starting my journey into audio (Bilbo Baggins style).
I am looking into the Pan Am / Woo Audio Fireflies. I think I am leaning towards the Fireflies, but if a Pan Am deal comes up that I cannot say no to, I might have to impulse buy it.
I started out with cheaper DAC/AMPS, with the Sennheiser HD598's and only recently bought AKG Q701's. I am finding the sound out of the Q701 with my Topping D2 / Fiio E18 a little lacking.
Biggest problem with me is that I have expensive tastes and no money. So I guess that gives me some time to research and try to catch up in a Sydney meet to identify what is right for me.
I was at a mates place and tried the Q701 with his AVR Denon 3313, and while I know that sounds can be better, I was pretty much in audio heaven. I say this because I have not yet experienced anything better in my audio journey ... yet.
- [REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell.
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 4 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Tobias Audio Bazaar! (Audiofly, FAD, Hippo, LH Labs, Xiaomi,... 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2