I agree 100%. I love that Pan Am sound, it just needs to go in a proper casing, rather than a powder coated temporary one If you like the Pan Am sound, try the WA7- Its quite similar, but a little more serious in that it reaches slightly deeper, and higher at both ends, i love it!
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit or Woo Audio for HD-650 Last post on 1/28/13 at 2:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla for first tube amp? Last post on 7/25/12 at 7:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
[REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Loved this review, thanks mrbigsby! I am based in Sydney, and just starting my journey into audio (Bilbo Baggins style).
I am looking into the Pan Am / Woo Audio Fireflies. I think I am leaning towards the Fireflies, but if a Pan Am deal comes up that I cannot say no to, I might have to impulse buy it.
I started out with cheaper DAC/AMPS, with the Sennheiser HD598's and only recently bought AKG Q701's. I am finding the sound out of the Q701 with my Topping D2 / Fiio E18 a little lacking.
Biggest problem with me is that I have expensive tastes and no money. So I guess that gives me some time to research and try to catch up in a Sydney meet to identify what is right for me.
I was at a mates place and tried the Q701 with his AVR Denon 3313, and while I know that sounds can be better, I was pretty much in audio heaven. I say this because I have not yet experienced anything better in my audio journey ... yet.
Great review of some very popular tube amps. You say in your post "Compare this to the WA6 Australian price of $699". Where were you sourcing your WA6 from at this price?? Most places I look retail the WA6 for ~$1000. So the price difference to the Pan Am would be less pronounced.
I'm in the market for a WA6 myself so I'd be interested to know.
- [REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell.
- › Greetings from down here to my peeps in the Noble thread 13 seconds ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 38 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica SOLID BASS Flagship IEM: ATH-CKS1100 39 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › S.O.S. (Save on Schiit) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › AKG N90Q paper - Characterizing the Frequency Response of... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 vs Philips Fidelio X2 vs Audio Technica... 2 minutes ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma at TTVJAudio and loaner program 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2