Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 28  

post #406 of 484

He sent the refund yesterday. Apparently it will be next week before the replacement is shipped out.
 

post #407 of 484
Did he mention why the delay in shipping them out?
post #408 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay19 View Post

Did he mention why the delay in shipping them out?

 

His words :

Quote:
Ok I did get your package.  I ordered a new set of TF10 I'm going to send you the TF10's and the case.  They should be in thursday.  I'm leaving town on thursday I will be back Monday and ship them to you.  I sent you a refund as well. Please let me know if there is anything else. Rob.
post #409 of 484

I finally received my reshelled UM2s today. In Ear Customs has had them since 5/25, so it was exactly 60 days. I will post pix and my impressions of their sound/comfort once I've had a chance to spend some time with them. My initial impressions are good though.
 

post #410 of 484

He's right back to his old ways, not answering email.I just want to know if he actually shipped my replacement IEMs as promised.

 

Has anybody ever tried to call the phone # listed on the invoice ?
 

post #411 of 484

Well, this is unfortunate. I sent my impressions in a month and a half ago. Rob told me I should expect them around this week, so I told him a couple of weeks ago to ship it to my friend's address since I was moving out and still looking for an apartment (I moved out last weekend). When I messaged Rob again, he responded that he shipped it at my old address and it was delivered two days ago. My old place says they don't have it.

 

What do I do in this scenario? I can't tell you how excited I was to finally get them this week, only to find out that they're possibly lost in the mail. He seems like a genuine guy and I feel bad because he's just swamped with work, but at the same time, I spent $130 and have nothing to show for it

post #412 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaid View Post

Well, this is unfortunate. I sent my impressions in a month and a half ago. Rob told me I should expect them around this week, so I told him a couple of weeks ago to ship it to my friend's address since I was moving out and still looking for an apartment (I moved out last weekend). When I messaged Rob again, he responded that he shipped it at my old address and it was delivered two days ago. My old place says they don't have it.

 

What do I do in this scenario? I can't tell you how excited I was to finally get them this week, only to find out that they're possibly lost in the mail. He seems like a genuine guy and I feel bad because he's just swamped with work, but at the same time, I spent $130 and have nothing to show for it


At least he is returning your messages. I'm into 3.5 months now, still waiting for a  resolution to this debacle.

post #413 of 484

Although I'm still using them and trying to get used to them, I thing I'm gonna have a comfort issue with mine. I don't think its a fit issue either. I think it's just the fact that I'm unused to having something as hard and unyielding as acrylic in my ear canals, especially with the inward pressure exerted upon them by my motorcycle helmet. If true, its a real shame, because the SQ is noticeably better than the UM2s were before the reshelling. Soundstage is improved, and lower frequencies are far more distinct from higher frequencies than they were prior to reshelling. It might be due to the fact that they now utilize 2 sound tubes instead of one, or the lack of coloration from tips, or maybe my memory of the previous sound signature sucks because it was two months ago that I last heard them. Not exactly A/B testing. They actually seem to fit perfectly, and give an excellent seal, and therefore great bass response and attenuation of ambient noise (obviously very important on a motorcycle), but it seems like the combination of the helmet and turning and moving my head around causes some discomfort. I'm glad I went the cheap route if it turns out I learned that I can't wear acrylic ciems.
 

post #414 of 484

INEARCUSTOM made a customized IEM pair from Shure SE535 ear pods and the result is magnificent.  No concerns about DIY ear impressions because the materials and instructions are designed to be fool proof and very easy.  Professional impressions may be more time consuming (travel to the office) and certainly more expensive but unlikely to be any better than this kit provides.

The result is really quite astounding after Rob gets through making your customized pair and personal experience is that he will do whatever is necessary to make them perfect.  If you have never experienced the improvement to sound that custom fitting makes you will be absolutely delighted and amazed.  The price for this handcrafted experience is more than reasonable and the customer service is personal, immediate and comprehensive.  These products are individually hand crafted and are highly recommended.  My personal experience with this vendor is such that I will be a repeat customer.

post #415 of 484

Well I finally got email from him today, and while I'm not going to post the whole thing right now. I thought this excerpt was just tragically comical

 

Quote:
You should be pissed and thats just the way it is.

 

Needless to say, still waiting for him to make good.Anyone feel like starting a pool for the final resolution date ?


Edited by komrade - 7/26/13 at 7:24am
post #416 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieud View Post

INEARCUSTOM made a customized IEM pair from Shure SE535 ear pods and the result is magnificent.  No concerns about DIY ear impressions because the materials and instructions are designed to be fool proof and very easy.  Professional impressions may be more time consuming (travel to the office) and certainly more expensive but unlikely to be any better than this kit provides.

The result is really quite astounding after Rob gets through making your customized pair and personal experience is that he will do whatever is necessary to make them perfect.  If you have never experienced the improvement to sound that custom fitting makes you will be absolutely delighted and amazed.  The price for this handcrafted experience is more than reasonable and the customer service is personal, immediate and comprehensive.  These products are individually hand crafted and are highly recommended.  My personal experience with this vendor is such that I will be a repeat customer.

Rob, is that you?

post #417 of 484

Nope.  Not Rob, just a satisfied customer and new member. 

post #418 of 484

Wow ! your definition of immediate and mine are WAY different !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieud View Post
 the customer service is personal, immediate and comprehensive.
post #419 of 484

After a couple of days of listening, my right earphone cutout completely, so I reached up to remove it from my ear and the cable had come unplugged. When I attempted to plug it back in, I discovered that one of the pins had broken off about 2-3 mm from the plug, and the remainder was lodged in the receptacle, thus preventing me from plugging in even a new cable. I immediately emailed Rob. While waiting for a reply, I was finally able to extract the remaining pin from the receptacle on the shell, so I sent another email to Rob letting him know that I would only need a new cable. He responded within 24 hours, and promised to send me a new cable. Assuming he follows through, I'm pretty happy with his customer service of late, notwithstanding the well-documented lack thereof in the past. I've noticed, however, that there seem to be some kind of shoddy-looking areas on the shell that the cable for which broke, right around where the rectangular piece of plastic that holds the pin receptacles attaches to the shell. One end of that rectangular piece,(the end with the pin that broke) appears abbreviated, either broken or ground off. while the other end appears to not be attached to the shell at points. I will attempt to post pictures showing these issues, although they may be too small to be visible in a photo. The shells feel sturdy enough though, and I cannot say that these issues had anything to do with the cable failure, in fact it seems more likely to me to have been a faulty cable, which Rob doesn't even make (I don't think). I was impressed with his willingness to replace the cable on my say so, and as I said in a previous post, I was looking for functional over pretty for $120, and so far, so good. I didn't expect Heirs for that price. 

 

This is what they looked like with the cables when I first received them:

 

 

And these are my attempts to capture the issues I mentioned:

 


Edited by senorx12562 - 7/26/13 at 10:06am
post #420 of 484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senorx12562 View Post

Rob, is that you?

LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?