Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 20  

post #286 of 484

my first fit hurt like hell to be honest.  My second fit was VERY comfortable, but the isolation was crap.   I don't beleive you should experience pain.  Are you sure they are inserted correctly? Also if you have trouble inserting them at first you may be irritating the ear in the process.  I would live with them for a few days and see if it improves.  How is the isolation/sound?

post #287 of 484

Initial discomfort may be OK, but there shouldn't be any pain. I also suggest leaving them in for an extended period (1+ hour) and if they are uncomfortable enough for you to say "Sound-be-damned, I need this out of my ears!"  If so, then you should get them refitted. You are definitely aware that there is something in there.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCthulhu View Post

How tolerant should I be of a little pain with them installed?  I've no real idea what to expect from a CIEM and as irritated as I am right now, I'd still like to be fair to the actual construction/fit.

post #288 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post

How is the isolation/sound?

Isolation seems ok, no idea on the sound, they forgot to include the cable.

post #289 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by komrade View Post


Mirrors my experience as well. I too regret having chosen this company. Has anybody ever gotten him to make good on his guarantee ?

 

 

 

Well, I sent Rob four emails and he insisted that I sent my iems back. Rob indicated he will add another coat to my iems to make them thicker. However, making them thicker will not solve my fit issues as the ear canal portion is too short. I take half the blame for making improper impressions, but the other half should be blamed on the instructions and the materials. The initial impression kit he sent me included 3 set of impression materials sealed in small zip lock bag with poor instructions. On the fifth email I stated I would like my iems to be reshelled again as the kit I received did not provide proper instructions and materials. I did not get otoblocks, bite block and the silicon material that was provided was too dense, therefore it does not go deep into the ears. Finally I received an email from Dan to return my iems and they will fix them. However, I do not want to wait a couple months, so I contact InEarz to reshell them for me (their turn-around time is 1-2 weeks). 


Edited by gav007 - 6/11/13 at 10:38am
post #290 of 484
Were they willing to give you a refund so that you can go with InEarz? I am crossing my fingers i dont have fit issues cos I wouldnt want to wait another 2-2.5 months. As of now my reshells were sent out but USPS is so slow and they are STILL in Florida according to trackign. They were sent out Jun1 and Jun 8 they departed sort facility in Miami.
post #291 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by gav007 View Post

 

Well, I sent Rob four emails and he insisted that I sent my iems back. Rob indicated he will add another coat to my iems to make them thicker. However, making them thicker will not solve my fit issues as the ear canal portion is too short. I take half the blame for making improper impressions, but the other half should be blamed on the instructions and the materials. The initial impression kit he sent me included 3 set of impression materials sealed in small zip lock bag with poor instructions. On the fifth email I stated I would like my iems to be reshelled again as the kit I received did not provide proper instructions and materials. I did not get otoblocks, bite block and the silicon material that was provided was too dense, therefore it does not go deep into the ears. Finally I received an email from Dan to return my iems and they will fix them. However, I do not want to wait a couple months, so I contact InEarz to reshell them for me (their turn-around time is 1-2 weeks). 


I hate to say it as someone who has been through multiple refit's and hell trying to get customs done but why did you not contact them BEFORE doing the impressions if you knew you hadn't got the otoblock or biteblock?  I'm not trying to jump on anyone here but surely that would have saved some time and hassle?  At the least firing them a photo (being fair I don't know if you did this next bit or not) of the impressions and asking them their opinion could of highlighted any problems before cash exchanged hands.

 

Anyway best of luck getting this sorted, sure you'll get there in the end.

 

Cheers

post #292 of 484
Agreed - the fit of a custom is only as good as the impression. If you have poor fit, it's not a reflection of the workmanship of the maker, it's because of crappy impressions. This Rob guy should stop sending people DIY kits; most inexperienced people screw it up.
post #293 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post


I hate to say it as someone who has been through multiple refit's and hell trying to get customs done but why did you not contact them BEFORE doing the impressions if you knew you hadn't got the otoblock or biteblock?  I'm not trying to jump on anyone here but surely that would have saved some time and hassle?  At the least firing them a photo (being fair I don't know if you did this next bit or not) of the impressions and asking them their opinion could of highlighted any problems before cash exchanged hands.

 

Anyway best of luck getting this sorted, sure you'll get there in the end.

 

Cheers

 

The initial impression kit received in 2012 did not provide the otoblock and a bite block. Also, Rob was providing an inferior silicon material at the time. However, since then they have upgraded their kits to include all the necessary materials. I did contact them to see if I needed to make new impressions when I had to send my iems the second time, but they insisted it was fine. I am not bashing Inearcustom, Rob or Dan as they have tried to provide me with excellent customer service, I just wish they sent out the proper impression kits when I ordered. As I previously stated I am going to give InEarz a try as I cannot bare the wait times.   


Edited by gav007 - 6/11/13 at 11:39am
post #294 of 484

Ah that makes sense just wondered.   You'll still have wait times with inearz unless you pay rush of course, but it shouldn't be too bad.  Good luck getting it sorted. 

post #295 of 484

the longest I have ever waited for inearz.com was two weeks

post #296 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerbnd View Post

the longest I have ever waited for inearz.com was two weeks

 

 

Please do not sway away from topic. If you are happy with your experiences at In Earz please praise them in the In Earz thread at Head-fi else start a whole new one.

You have been recommending Inearz for quite some time now and we get the point but for now we are trying to look at the matter in hand.

 

regards,

post #297 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post

 

 

Please do not sway away from topic. If you are happy with your experiences at In Earz please praise them in the In Earz thread at Head-fi else start a whole new one.

You have been recommending Inearz for quite some time now and we get the point but for now we are trying to look at the matter in hand.

 

regards,

 

I think to be fair he was replying to the poster above who said he didn't want to wait too much, so was quoting the times that he's had wiith another company. Might have avoided confusion if he had quoted the post first though. Any other people getting theirs back to get this firmly back on track? Cheers
post #298 of 484
My tracking updated to say my TF10s should arrive tomrorow but I'm pretty skepitcal. It's been saying "1-3 business days" for 1.5 weeks. Just cleared customs yesterday in Montreal, crossing my fingers it actually arrives here in Vancouver by tmr.
post #299 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

 

I think to be fair he was replying to the poster above who said he didn't want to wait too much, so was quoting the times that he's had wiith another company. Might have avoided confusion if he had quoted the post first though.Any other people getting theirs back to get this firmly back on track?Cheers

 

Sorry davidcotton, you are wrong .. courtesy - post no. 274, post no. 282 and post no. 296! 

 

I think I am fair enough aren't I?cool.gif

post #300 of 484

Fair enough...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?