Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 2  

post #16 of 484
Quote:

I live in Australia and have just recieved my Shure SE535's back from Rob at www.inearcustom.com

 

They are fantastic! he is a true craftsman and I too have been search for someone to do this for many years.

 

Rob sent me the material to make 3 x impressions and I sent him back the best one for him to create the mold.

 

I love them!

 

Cheers, Chris

would you be kind enough to post some zoomed in pics .. would like to know the quality of his reshells and any bubbles inherent.

 

thx!

post #17 of 484
I'm expecting my reshelled tf10's soon from Rob. Will post impressios once I get them but so far the self mould kit was easy and very effective and Rob is always responsive and a helpful to emails.
post #18 of 484

Sent out my MH1C on Tuesday.

Should be back soon.

post #19 of 484

the MH1c reshell will be something of a trend mostly in Head-Fi .. given how cheap and stellar these IEMS are.

 

I wish Rob did hybrid reshelling - MH1c dynamic with my Brainwavz B2 clones TWFK Knowles.. that would have been good but I enjoy the resolution of the B2 clones to really get distracted by the thumping bass.. I have sent them over a week ago to him and Wrathzombie,  said it will take a month to reach him due to the inefficient shipping services of Indian post,.. 

 

@WrathZombie.. 

 

on tracking mine it seems it is - "Article bagged " for the last 10 days .. is this normal ?

will giv you a call . 

 

regards

post #20 of 484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turgid View Post

the MH1c reshell will be something of a trend mostly in Head-Fi .. given how cheap and stellar these IEMS are.

 

I wish Rob did hybrid reshelling - MH1c dynamic with my Brainwavz B2 clones TWFK Knowles.. that would have been good but I enjoy the resolution of the B2 clones to really get distracted by the thumping bass.. I have sent them over a week ago to him and Wrathzombie,  said it will take a month to reach him due to the inefficient shipping services of Indian post,.. 

 

@WrathZombie.. 

 

on tracking mine it seems it is - "Article bagged " for the last 10 days .. is this normal ?

will giv you a call . 

 

regards

 

That is normal. Even my RE-262 shows the same status. I have PM'ed you the details.

post #21 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

 

That is normal. Even my RE-262 shows the same status. I have PM'ed you the details.

 

 

thanks there ... you have been ever so helpful beerchug.gif

post #22 of 484

I'm also considering to have my Superfi 5 Extended Bass to be reshelled by Rob.

Anyone of you here has reshelled a dynamic driver IEM? Did he make a vent for the dynamic driver?

 

As my IEM is out of production it won't be nice if he has to go through the trouble of finding me a replacement.

post #23 of 484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PChoon View Post

I'm also considering to have my Superfi 5 Extended Bass to be reshelled by Rob.

Anyone of you here has reshelled a dynamic driver IEM? Did he make a vent for the dynamic driver?

 

As my IEM is out of production it won't be nice if he has to go through the trouble of finding me a replacement.

I have sent my RE-262 for reshell and incidentally, it has just reached Rob. I think I should be able to share the results in 2-3 weeks.

post #24 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

I have sent my RE-262 for reshell and incidentally, it has just reached Rob. I think I should be able to share the results in 2-3 weeks.

Wow thanks...

i wonder if Rob makes a vent for the Dynamic drivers... the reshells i saw on his website doesn't show any of the vents...

post #25 of 484
He does not vent. Made me very skeptical because without venting it will change the sound.
post #26 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

He does not vent. Made me very skeptical because without venting it will change the sound.

So is he gonna do some tweaks? instead of having vents.

post #27 of 484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

So is he gonna do some tweaks? instead of having vents.

I have sent him a mail on what he does, I will let everyone know once he replies.

post #28 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

I have sent him a mail on what he does, I will let everyone know once he replies.

Thanks, i think everybody has the same question.

post #29 of 484

Yes Please let us know when he replies...

 

because till now i have not found a replacement that i like for my EBs... spoiling it would seem like the end of my audio journey... i may sound drastic... but as far as finances go... a wrong move would really send me "crying"...

post #30 of 484
Thread Starter 

ROB REYNA : 

 

 

"If the casing is sealed it would dramatically change the sound.  I do not do sealed cases in effect.  The transducer will be vented in your installation.  You should be happy with the final product."

 

Guys, I should get mine in another two-three weeks. I will share my impressions on this thread. 


Edited by wrathzombie - 1/28/13 at 12:42am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?