- 606 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: San Marcos CA.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Most comfortable IEM for sleeping Sub-$50? Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had a bad experience with the my previous reshells ( got stolen in transit ).
Now I have an R-50 that Rob purchased to compensate the loss. The sound is just amazing, but the build quality is down right horrendous!
NOW - the R-50 has some kinda channel tilting issue. I do not if its the drivers or the cable. Rockit Sounds told me to send it back for refund. But I am thinking of getting it reshelled.
Can some one suggest if reshelling them will rid me of these problems?
(on a side note - Rob said he can. But if its the drivers that are mis matched,I do not think that he can match them. If its the cabling, then definitely reshelling will solve the issue.)
Interesting - their ebay store now shows a re-shell of the Sony MH1C for $159 and they add Shure sockets and a Shure cable for that cost. So they are doing dynamics.... I wonder if they can do an IE8?
Here are the contents of the kit sent by Rob:
As you can see everything you need to get the job done. As I noted in an earlier post, happy to see the addition of the bite block. A friend (and former band member) had agreed to be my assistant, but unfortunately we couldn't get something scheduled so my wife helped. Even though she was nervous, everything went surprisingly well. Here are the finished impressions:
Even my wife was impressed with how deep my canals are. I packaged everything up and sent it back to Rob. I got USPS confirmation that it was delivered yesterday. I went ahead and insured the package because I was sending my Shure's back and didn't want to take any chances.
And now the waiting begins!
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC just now
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 15 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 5 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3