- 606 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: San Marcos CA.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Most comfortable IEM for sleeping Sub-$50? Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had a bad experience with the my previous reshells ( got stolen in transit ).
Now I have an R-50 that Rob purchased to compensate the loss. The sound is just amazing, but the build quality is down right horrendous!
NOW - the R-50 has some kinda channel tilting issue. I do not if its the drivers or the cable. Rockit Sounds told me to send it back for refund. But I am thinking of getting it reshelled.
Can some one suggest if reshelling them will rid me of these problems?
(on a side note - Rob said he can. But if its the drivers that are mis matched,I do not think that he can match them. If its the cabling, then definitely reshelling will solve the issue.)
Interesting - their ebay store now shows a re-shell of the Sony MH1C for $159 and they add Shure sockets and a Shure cable for that cost. So they are doing dynamics.... I wonder if they can do an IE8?
Here are the contents of the kit sent by Rob:
As you can see everything you need to get the job done. As I noted in an earlier post, happy to see the addition of the bite block. A friend (and former band member) had agreed to be my assistant, but unfortunately we couldn't get something scheduled so my wife helped. Even though she was nervous, everything went surprisingly well. Here are the finished impressions:
Even my wife was impressed with how deep my canals are. I packaged everything up and sent it back to Rob. I got USPS confirmation that it was delivered yesterday. I went ahead and insured the package because I was sending my Shure's back and didn't want to take any chances.
And now the waiting begins!
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › 120 gb SSD Ipod Mini with hi.capacity battery 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2