- 583 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: San Marcos CA.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying in Bangkok. Where? Last post on 2/18/14 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth saving for JH13/16 instead of buying P7/NAD HP50? Last post on 1/19/14 at 9:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" Last post on Yesterday at 9:52 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 8post #106 of 4843/30/13 at 7:44pmI'm going for the same color ( red and blue) as well but haven't full the trigger yet.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 4843/30/13 at 7:44pmpost #108 of 4843/30/13 at 9:53pm
I had a bad experience with the my previous reshells ( got stolen in transit ).
Now I have an R-50 that Rob purchased to compensate the loss. The sound is just amazing, but the build quality is down right horrendous!
NOW - the R-50 has some kinda channel tilting issue. I do not if its the drivers or the cable. Rockit Sounds told me to send it back for refund. But I am thinking of getting it reshelled.
Can some one suggest if reshelling them will rid me of these problems?
(on a side note - Rob said he can. But if its the drivers that are mis matched,I do not think that he can match them. If its the cabling, then definitely reshelling will solve the issue.)
TIApost #109 of 4843/31/13 at 4:23ampost #110 of 4843/31/13 at 8:16ampost #111 of 4843/31/13 at 1:52pmpost #112 of 4843/31/13 at 2:45pm
Interesting - their ebay store now shows a re-shell of the Sony MH1C for $159 and they add Shure sockets and a Shure cable for that cost. So they are doing dynamics.... I wonder if they can do an IE8?post #113 of 4843/31/13 at 6:59pmpost #114 of 4843/31/13 at 7:26pmpost #115 of 4843/31/13 at 8:16pmThat's all I did also. I sent him an email. He sent me a Paypal invoice. I paid it. I received my impression kit in about 4 days (this past Friday). I actually got a little to anxious and went to an audiologist last week and paid them $60 for a set of impressions that didn't turn out very well. I plan on using the kit from Rob tomorrow morning. I'll try to post pics of theirs -vs- mine.post #116 of 4844/1/13 at 5:35pmpost #117 of 4844/1/13 at 7:36pmpost #118 of 4844/1/13 at 7:46pmpost #119 of 4844/1/13 at 8:12pmpost #120 of 4844/2/13 at 9:45am
Here are the contents of the kit sent by Rob:
As you can see everything you need to get the job done. As I noted in an earlier post, happy to see the addition of the bite block. A friend (and former band member) had agreed to be my assistant, but unfortunately we couldn't get something scheduled so my wife helped. Even though she was nervous, everything went surprisingly well. Here are the finished impressions:
Even my wife was impressed with how deep my canals are. I packaged everything up and sent it back to Rob. I got USPS confirmation that it was delivered yesterday. I went ahead and insured the package because I was sending my Shure's back and didn't want to take any chances.
And now the waiting begins!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Sony XBA-3SLNo reviews yet.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Fiio X3 DAP vs. Objective 2 (O2) Amp with HE-400 and JH5 59 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 2 minutes ago
- › What spec of an amp tells you how well they will power a certain ohm? 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot zik wireless alternative 3 minutes ago
- › First post and a question : audio technica headpad replacements? 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude