- 606 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: San Marcos CA.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Most comfortable IEM for sleeping Sub-$50? Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had a bad experience with the my previous reshells ( got stolen in transit ).
Now I have an R-50 that Rob purchased to compensate the loss. The sound is just amazing, but the build quality is down right horrendous!
NOW - the R-50 has some kinda channel tilting issue. I do not if its the drivers or the cable. Rockit Sounds told me to send it back for refund. But I am thinking of getting it reshelled.
Can some one suggest if reshelling them will rid me of these problems?
(on a side note - Rob said he can. But if its the drivers that are mis matched,I do not think that he can match them. If its the cabling, then definitely reshelling will solve the issue.)
Interesting - their ebay store now shows a re-shell of the Sony MH1C for $159 and they add Shure sockets and a Shure cable for that cost. So they are doing dynamics.... I wonder if they can do an IE8?
Here are the contents of the kit sent by Rob:
As you can see everything you need to get the job done. As I noted in an earlier post, happy to see the addition of the bite block. A friend (and former band member) had agreed to be my assistant, but unfortunately we couldn't get something scheduled so my wife helped. Even though she was nervous, everything went surprisingly well. Here are the finished impressions:
Even my wife was impressed with how deep my canals are. I packaged everything up and sent it back to Rob. I got USPS confirmation that it was delivered yesterday. I went ahead and insured the package because I was sending my Shure's back and didn't want to take any chances.
And now the waiting begins!
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 USA Tour Application thread 9 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › VOX: Mac OSX Music Player 12 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › Adam Audio A5X Powered Studio Monitor (5.5 inch, 100 watts) by rfox
- › Kennerton Magister Closed Back Headphones by Levaix
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)