I saw Ken Rockwell's impressions. Did anyone get to hear this in Vegas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 7/27/15 at 11:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I just placed and order for the silver WA7. I was unable to find any comparison between the Sovtek and EH tubes. $100 is quite a bit of money. I'd like to have an idea of the sound improvement of the EH tubes (if any).
Me too. Strangely no one including Mr. Woo is giving any answers about the diff in tubes.
I was told that the EH tubes are more resolving and detailed. I'm thinking about getting a pair and hope it won't be a case of curiosity killed the cat.
I'm curious as to see what western electric tubes would sound like with the amp. Costs an arm and a leg, but who knows.
would be a bit embarassing if a 1000 dollar amp/dac (wa7) combo outperformed a 1050 amp only item in the same product range.
The Audiophiliac CNET has posted a review:
"Wowed by the Woo WA7 headphone amplifier"
What I do not understand is the WA7 is a AMP/DAC and the WA6-SE is just a headphone amp therefore how could it sound better just on its own? Was there more to the response? If so, please post.
Well, you can only compare amp sections really, and comparing the cute WA7 to a 22lbs 2-chassis amp that delivers double the power at the same impedance without breaking a sweat and allows numerous tube variation to tailor the sound perfectly to your preferences, the difference should be pretty obvious. If you don't require the extra power (for example: use Audezes) and don't care about tube rolling, on a practical level maybe there wouldn't be for you. (Handy comparison chart, doesn't include the WA7 yet - you have to check its Product Page)
As for why one would pay about the same price for just an amp when you can get an amp & DAC for about the same price, in terms of the elusive perfect "sound quality": just read through the Head-Fi forums, with people who spend 2, 3, 5 times as much on amps (tube or solid-state), plus separate DACs, then endlessly debate their respective merits around here
I'm sold. The WA-7 seems to be exactly what I am looking for (actually, if I'm being honest, I didn't realize I was looking for anything).
But which color? They are both so d@mn pretty.
What I really want is the silver in the day and black at night.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 29 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › Best drug-related album/CD or most "trippy" CD/album... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 as Triple.Fi home alternative 1 minute ago
- › is there a high-end headphones store in London? 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo ES-CTI300 Headphones - Inner Fidelity wall of fame member! 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3