I saw Ken Rockwell's impressions. Did anyone get to hear this in Vegas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA7... Uh... What's going on?... It's TERRIBLE. Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Wa7 amp dropout issue Last post on 5/12/14 at 8:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just placed and order for the silver WA7. I was unable to find any comparison between the Sovtek and EH tubes. $100 is quite a bit of money. I'd like to have an idea of the sound improvement of the EH tubes (if any).
Me too. Strangely no one including Mr. Woo is giving any answers about the diff in tubes.
I was told that the EH tubes are more resolving and detailed. I'm thinking about getting a pair and hope it won't be a case of curiosity killed the cat.
I'm curious as to see what western electric tubes would sound like with the amp. Costs an arm and a leg, but who knows.
would be a bit embarassing if a 1000 dollar amp/dac (wa7) combo outperformed a 1050 amp only item in the same product range.
The Audiophiliac CNET has posted a review:
"Wowed by the Woo WA7 headphone amplifier"
What I do not understand is the WA7 is a AMP/DAC and the WA6-SE is just a headphone amp therefore how could it sound better just on its own? Was there more to the response? If so, please post.
Well, you can only compare amp sections really, and comparing the cute WA7 to a 22lbs 2-chassis amp that delivers double the power at the same impedance without breaking a sweat and allows numerous tube variation to tailor the sound perfectly to your preferences, the difference should be pretty obvious. If you don't require the extra power (for example: use Audezes) and don't care about tube rolling, on a practical level maybe there wouldn't be for you. (Handy comparison chart, doesn't include the WA7 yet - you have to check its Product Page)
As for why one would pay about the same price for just an amp when you can get an amp & DAC for about the same price, in terms of the elusive perfect "sound quality": just read through the Head-Fi forums, with people who spend 2, 3, 5 times as much on amps (tube or solid-state), plus separate DACs, then endlessly debate their respective merits around here
I'm sold. The WA-7 seems to be exactly what I am looking for (actually, if I'm being honest, I didn't realize I was looking for anything).
But which color? They are both so d@mn pretty.
What I really want is the silver in the day and black at night.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide just now
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 3 seconds ago
- › Playing FLAC over wi-fi from hard drives (Mac connected) to IPad 3 46 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)