I saw Ken Rockwell's impressions. Did anyone get to hear this in Vegas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 7/19/14 at 11:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on 5/21/14 at 4:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA7... Uh... What's going on?... It's TERRIBLE. Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Wa7 amp dropout issue Last post on 5/12/14 at 8:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just placed and order for the silver WA7. I was unable to find any comparison between the Sovtek and EH tubes. $100 is quite a bit of money. I'd like to have an idea of the sound improvement of the EH tubes (if any).
Me too. Strangely no one including Mr. Woo is giving any answers about the diff in tubes.
I was told that the EH tubes are more resolving and detailed. I'm thinking about getting a pair and hope it won't be a case of curiosity killed the cat.
I'm curious as to see what western electric tubes would sound like with the amp. Costs an arm and a leg, but who knows.
would be a bit embarassing if a 1000 dollar amp/dac (wa7) combo outperformed a 1050 amp only item in the same product range.
The Audiophiliac CNET has posted a review:
"Wowed by the Woo WA7 headphone amplifier"
What I do not understand is the WA7 is a AMP/DAC and the WA6-SE is just a headphone amp therefore how could it sound better just on its own? Was there more to the response? If so, please post.
Well, you can only compare amp sections really, and comparing the cute WA7 to a 22lbs 2-chassis amp that delivers double the power at the same impedance without breaking a sweat and allows numerous tube variation to tailor the sound perfectly to your preferences, the difference should be pretty obvious. If you don't require the extra power (for example: use Audezes) and don't care about tube rolling, on a practical level maybe there wouldn't be for you. (Handy comparison chart, doesn't include the WA7 yet - you have to check its Product Page)
As for why one would pay about the same price for just an amp when you can get an amp & DAC for about the same price, in terms of the elusive perfect "sound quality": just read through the Head-Fi forums, with people who spend 2, 3, 5 times as much on amps (tube or solid-state), plus separate DACs, then endlessly debate their respective merits around here
I'm sold. The WA-7 seems to be exactly what I am looking for (actually, if I'm being honest, I didn't realize I was looking for anything).
But which color? They are both so d@mn pretty.
What I really want is the silver in the day and black at night.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 40 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 3 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)