I saw Ken Rockwell's impressions. Did anyone get to hear this in Vegas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio WA7 Headphone Amp (Black with Smoked Glass) Last post on Today at 12:52 pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: WooAudio WA7 Firefly Amplifier/DAC Last post on 11/16/13 at 10:24am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Amplification for Signature Pros Last post on 11/12/13 at 8:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Full size amps for IEM Last post on 11/9/13 at 4:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA7 Silver with upgrade tubes - Free Shipping/Insurance Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:03am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I just placed and order for the silver WA7. I was unable to find any comparison between the Sovtek and EH tubes. $100 is quite a bit of money. I'd like to have an idea of the sound improvement of the EH tubes (if any).
Me too. Strangely no one including Mr. Woo is giving any answers about the diff in tubes.
I was told that the EH tubes are more resolving and detailed. I'm thinking about getting a pair and hope it won't be a case of curiosity killed the cat.
I'm curious as to see what western electric tubes would sound like with the amp. Costs an arm and a leg, but who knows.
would be a bit embarassing if a 1000 dollar amp/dac (wa7) combo outperformed a 1050 amp only item in the same product range.
The Audiophiliac CNET has posted a review:
"Wowed by the Woo WA7 headphone amplifier"
What I do not understand is the WA7 is a AMP/DAC and the WA6-SE is just a headphone amp therefore how could it sound better just on its own? Was there more to the response? If so, please post.
Well, you can only compare amp sections really, and comparing the cute WA7 to a 22lbs 2-chassis amp that delivers double the power at the same impedance without breaking a sweat and allows numerous tube variation to tailor the sound perfectly to your preferences, the difference should be pretty obvious. If you don't require the extra power (for example: use Audezes) and don't care about tube rolling, on a practical level maybe there wouldn't be for you. (Handy comparison chart, doesn't include the WA7 yet - you have to check its Product Page)
As for why one would pay about the same price for just an amp when you can get an amp & DAC for about the same price, in terms of the elusive perfect "sound quality": just read through the Head-Fi forums, with people who spend 2, 3, 5 times as much on amps (tube or solid-state), plus separate DACs, then endlessly debate their respective merits around here
I'm sold. The WA-7 seems to be exactly what I am looking for (actually, if I'm being honest, I didn't realize I was looking for anything).
But which color? They are both so d@mn pretty.
What I really want is the silver in the day and black at night.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FS: Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier + Extra Lithium Battery and Charger 2 minutes ago
- › Sennhesier HD201 with built in powered preamp and single sided cable 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD558 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP for gaming and music 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WooAudio WA7 Headphone Amp (Black with Smoked Glass) 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 Prototypes 5 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude