I saw Ken Rockwell's impressions. Did anyone get to hear this in Vegas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- WA7 " Hum " Last post on 10/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA7 pairing with HD800 Last post on 8/28/14 at 12:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SOLD: Woo Audio WA7 + WA7tp (black) and upgrade tubes! Price Drop! Last post on 11/2/14 at 4:32am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on 11/7/14 at 8:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
Thanks to Brainwavz for this review set of pleather and velour replacement pads. I bought a pair of the pleather models a year or so ago in an effort to make my wife's JVC S400's more comfortable...
To give you an idea of where I'm coming from I have owned JH audio JH5 IEMs, Fostex T50rps, and Audio Technica ATH-M50x's. My Fostex T50rps were issued to me at audio engineering school and were...
I was reading a lot of stellar reviews on CAD products online -- not necessarily that they are top-notch performers but that they are an excellent value. Owning one of their microphones, I was...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I just placed and order for the silver WA7. I was unable to find any comparison between the Sovtek and EH tubes. $100 is quite a bit of money. I'd like to have an idea of the sound improvement of the EH tubes (if any).
Me too. Strangely no one including Mr. Woo is giving any answers about the diff in tubes.
I was told that the EH tubes are more resolving and detailed. I'm thinking about getting a pair and hope it won't be a case of curiosity killed the cat.
I'm curious as to see what western electric tubes would sound like with the amp. Costs an arm and a leg, but who knows.
would be a bit embarassing if a 1000 dollar amp/dac (wa7) combo outperformed a 1050 amp only item in the same product range.
The Audiophiliac CNET has posted a review:
"Wowed by the Woo WA7 headphone amplifier"
What I do not understand is the WA7 is a AMP/DAC and the WA6-SE is just a headphone amp therefore how could it sound better just on its own? Was there more to the response? If so, please post.
Well, you can only compare amp sections really, and comparing the cute WA7 to a 22lbs 2-chassis amp that delivers double the power at the same impedance without breaking a sweat and allows numerous tube variation to tailor the sound perfectly to your preferences, the difference should be pretty obvious. If you don't require the extra power (for example: use Audezes) and don't care about tube rolling, on a practical level maybe there wouldn't be for you. (Handy comparison chart, doesn't include the WA7 yet - you have to check its Product Page)
As for why one would pay about the same price for just an amp when you can get an amp & DAC for about the same price, in terms of the elusive perfect "sound quality": just read through the Head-Fi forums, with people who spend 2, 3, 5 times as much on amps (tube or solid-state), plus separate DACs, then endlessly debate their respective merits around here
I'm sold. The WA-7 seems to be exactly what I am looking for (actually, if I'm being honest, I didn't realize I was looking for anything).
But which color? They are both so d@mn pretty.
What I really want is the silver in the day and black at night.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Most comfortable, portable, over the ear cans? Under $200 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Question about how music is reproduced 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › Shure SRH840 by justyourboy
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3