Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on Yesterday at 2:27 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- WA7 " Hum " Last post on 10/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA7 pairing with HD800 Last post on 8/28/14 at 12:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 44
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Had no chance to hear Bifrost plus Lyr 2 but did the original Lyr against WA7 with stock power supply and preferred Shiit stack over WA7 . Also heard WA7 with tubes power supply with stock and Sylvania 5814A and would recommend it over stock power supply to improve clarity of details while 5814A tubes will affect bass
Thanks!! could you provide a more detailed sonic comparison between the two?? I would really appreciate it.
also, how about the lyr vs the WA7 + tube power supply & upgrade tubes?
When I had the units mentioned I got upgrade tubes for the amp and after over 100 hours I felt they gave me more refined details with a little bit deeper bass. I only heard WA7 with tubes power supply at the meets so had no chance to compare side by side but even just a few minutes gave me enough information to notice the difference between stock and tubes power supply. Even right now I'm using HA-1 as Dac only and use tubes amp to drive HD800. My attempt to get rid of tubes wasn't successful. I'm upgrading soon and even my new setup will have tubes
cool thanks. just wondering why you preferred the schiit stack over the wa7?
thanks! could you describe the sonic differences? i am especially curious about the differences in bass.
If you want deep tight punchy impactful bass which doesn't interfere with the rest of the sound then you definitely need tubes power supply for WA7 with Sylvania 5814A tubes . The difference I heard was so unexpected and clear so impossible to forget. I can't describe Lyr since I heard too long ago but can't forget surprising WA7
I couldn't agree more and their are a variety of the 12AU7 variants you can choose from, some of the vintage mullards 4003's are really sweet sounding..
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 53 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 and Modi stack for sale 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 7 minutes ago
- › Nano 6G 7 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 8 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)