Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 44

post #646 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

hey just wondering if anyone has gotten a chance to do direct comparisons of this amplifier against the Lyr 2 + Bifrost Uber combo. also, wondering about the sonic differences between the solid state vs tube power supply.

 

Thanks!!

Had no chance to hear Bifrost plus Lyr 2 but did the original Lyr against WA7 with stock power supply and preferred Shiit stack over WA7 . Also heard WA7 with tubes power supply with stock and Sylvania 5814A and would recommend it over stock power supply to improve clarity of details while 5814A tubes will affect bass
post #647 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

Had no chance to hear Bifrost plus Lyr 2 but did the original Lyr against WA7 with stock power supply and preferred Shiit stack over WA7 . Also heard WA7 with tubes power supply with stock and Sylvania 5814A and would recommend it over stock power supply to improve clarity of details while 5814A tubes will affect bass

Thanks!! could you provide a more detailed sonic comparison between the two?? I would really appreciate it.

 

also, how about the lyr vs the WA7 + tube power supply & upgrade tubes?

post #648 of 654
When I had the units mentioned I got upgrade tubes for the amp and after over 100 hours I felt they gave me more refined details with a little bit deeper bass. I only heard WA7 with tubes power supply at the meets so had no chance to compare side by side but even just a few minutes gave me enough information to notice the difference between stock and tubes power supply. Even right now I'm using HA-1 as Dac only and use tubes amp to drive HD800. My attempt to get rid of tubes wasn't successful. I'm upgrading soon and even my new setup will have tubes
post #649 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

When I had the units mentioned I got upgrade tubes for the amp and after over 100 hours I felt they gave me more refined details with a little bit deeper bass. I only heard WA7 with tubes power supply at the meets so had no chance to compare side by side but even just a few minutes gave me enough information to notice the difference between stock and tubes power supply. Even right now I'm using HA-1 as Dac only and use tubes amp to drive HD800. My attempt to get rid of tubes wasn't successful. I'm upgrading soon and even my new setup will have tubes

cool thanks. just wondering why you preferred the schiit stack over the wa7?

post #650 of 654
It's just sound signature preference, be aware I'm in minority who prefer 6N1P tubes in the Lyr over Orange Globes. You can get WA7 but you also should get tubes power supply to do the tube rolling to get sound you are after
post #651 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

It's just sound signature preference, be aware I'm in minority who prefer 6N1P tubes in the Lyr over Orange Globes. You can get WA7 but you also should get tubes power supply to do the tube rolling to get sound you are after

thanks! could you describe the sonic differences? i am especially curious about the differences in bass.

post #652 of 654
If you want deep tight punchy impactful bass which doesn't interfere with the rest of the sound then you definitely need tubes power supply for WA7 with Sylvania 5814A tubes . The difference I heard was so unexpected and clear so impossible to forget. I can't describe Lyr since I heard too long ago but can't forget surprising WA7
post #653 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

If you want deep tight punchy impactful bass which doesn't interfere with the rest of the sound then you definitely need tubes power supply for WA7 with Sylvania 5814A tubes . The difference I heard was so unexpected and clear so impossible to forget. I can't describe Lyr since I heard too long ago but can't forget surprising WA7

I couldn't agree more and their are a variety of the 12AU7 variants you can choose from, some of the vintage mullards 4003's are really sweet sounding.. 

post #654 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 

hey just wondering if anyone has gotten a chance to do direct comparisons of this amplifier against the Lyr 2 + Bifrost Uber combo. also, wondering about the sonic differences between the solid state vs tube power supply.

 

Thanks!!

 

post #1649

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio