Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- WA7 " Hum " Last post on 10/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA7 pairing with HD800 Last post on 8/28/14 at 12:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 44
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Had no chance to hear Bifrost plus Lyr 2 but did the original Lyr against WA7 with stock power supply and preferred Shiit stack over WA7 . Also heard WA7 with tubes power supply with stock and Sylvania 5814A and would recommend it over stock power supply to improve clarity of details while 5814A tubes will affect bass
Thanks!! could you provide a more detailed sonic comparison between the two?? I would really appreciate it.
also, how about the lyr vs the WA7 + tube power supply & upgrade tubes?
When I had the units mentioned I got upgrade tubes for the amp and after over 100 hours I felt they gave me more refined details with a little bit deeper bass. I only heard WA7 with tubes power supply at the meets so had no chance to compare side by side but even just a few minutes gave me enough information to notice the difference between stock and tubes power supply. Even right now I'm using HA-1 as Dac only and use tubes amp to drive HD800. My attempt to get rid of tubes wasn't successful. I'm upgrading soon and even my new setup will have tubes
cool thanks. just wondering why you preferred the schiit stack over the wa7?
thanks! could you describe the sonic differences? i am especially curious about the differences in bass.
If you want deep tight punchy impactful bass which doesn't interfere with the rest of the sound then you definitely need tubes power supply for WA7 with Sylvania 5814A tubes . The difference I heard was so unexpected and clear so impossible to forget. I can't describe Lyr since I heard too long ago but can't forget surprising WA7
I couldn't agree more and their are a variety of the 12AU7 variants you can choose from, some of the vintage mullards 4003's are really sweet sounding..
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Is S/PDIF the same as digital Coax? 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 3 minutes ago
- › Vashikaran Mantra For Love +919610790046 ))) VASHIKARAN SPECIAlist... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser PC 360 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)