Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 36

post #526 of 612
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by baax View Post

Can anyone help me troubleshoot the WA7, I have downloaded the drivers and set the USB output, also using JRiver and set audio output to ASIO, there seems to be sound coming out of the WA7 when I turn the volume all the way up it's very faint but there..
Any help greatly appreciated
Is the slide switch in the back of the amp in the correct position?
post #527 of 612

T90 and T1, also realized right after I posted that atomicbob was right. I was so fixated on having all the digital signals correct that I forgot to check the switch at the back lol.. talk about an embarrassing first post.

Then again it was weird that there was faint sound coming out from the hp when the switch was not on USB

post #528 of 612

Can't tell you how many times I've debugged non-performing equipment to find that it wasn't powered on. The very faint sound was capacitive coupling of the signal across the switch. That is what led me to think you didn't have the source switch in the correct position.

 

It happens to us all. At least you are listening on two very fine headphones.

 

I'm comparing the twoBeyers as well. My conclusions are very similar to gatucho in the T90 thread. T1 are somewhat more accurate, but the fun factor on the T90 is very high. I switch between those two and HD600 and HD800. Each has their place. Similar to owning multiple lenses for a very good camera body.

post #529 of 612

Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p.

post #530 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p.

Glad you're enjoying them. Do you have any plans to try a separate DAC with the WA7? 

post #531 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post
 

Glad you're enjoying them. Do you have any plans to try a separate DAC with the WA7? 

Funny you should mention it as I was just researching the McIntosh D100.  Problem is can't find a dealer in Atlanta that will respond to email.  where can I go and see this thing and purchase it?  Wish I could order straight from McIntosh but don't see any ordering on their website.

post #532 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p.

I'm thinking of the LCD-X myself after reading recent reviews.  Are you able to compare this combo to the T1 or HD800?

post #533 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post
 

I'm thinking of the LCD-X myself after reading recent reviews.  Are you able to compare this combo to the T1 or HD800?

Just opened the LCD-X and it is just as impressive as the XC but open ofcourse with a larger soundstage and airier presentation.  Equally awesome.  Very very happy with this purchase.  Doesn't have the high mid peak of the T1, just smooth and silky all the way up and down with nothing standing above anything else, everything exactly in it's place.  Both of these are endgame keepers for sure.  Might be selling my Beyers soon...

post #534 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post
 

Glad you're enjoying them. Do you have any plans to try a separate DAC with the WA7? 

Funny you should mention it as I was just researching the McIntosh D100.  Problem is can't find a dealer in Atlanta that will respond to email.  where can I go and see this thing and purchase it?  Wish I could order straight from McIntosh but don't see any ordering on their website.

Call or email Audio Classics, they are the largest Mcintosh dealer in the world.(I think)

post #535 of 612

Has anyone else tried the LCD-X/XC with the WA7?  I'm most likely going to get one or the other if the combo is as good as it gets.  Also, is there any way to use the DAC only with a desktop set-up?  I'd like to not use the tubes at all times.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #536 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post
 

Has anyone else tried the LCD-X/XC with the WA7?  I'm most likely going to get one or the other if the combo is as good as it gets.  Also, is there any way to use the DAC only with a desktop set-up?  I'd like to not use the tubes at all times.

 

Thanks in advance.

Yes,  There is a switch on the back that enables the RCA to be either inputs or outputs.  Set it to outputs and send it to the solid state amp of choice.  The tubes are not used in the preamp, only the amp so you get USB to RCA passthrough with the WA7 either on or off.  Having said that I am not sure of the quality or power drive of the pre-amp feeding the RCAs but imagine Woo thought about it more then once.

 

Highly recommend either of the LCDs depending on your intended environment.  Really cannot go wrong with the WA7 + LCD, a pairing which in my opinion is an end game setup.

post #537 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

Yes,  There is a switch on the back that enables the RCA to be either inputs or outputs.  Set it to outputs and send it to the solid state amp of choice.  The tubes are not used in the preamp, only the amp so you get USB to RCA passthrough with the WA7 either on or off.  Having said that I am not sure of the quality or power drive of the pre-amp feeding the RCAs but imagine Woo thought about it more then once.

 

Highly recommend either of the LCDs depending on your intended environment.  Really cannot go wrong with the WA7 + LCD, a pairing which in my opinion is an end game setup.

 

As is the LCD-3 ;) Haven't heard the LCD-X/XC personally but am so enjoying the LCD-3 I don't see any reason to ever switch, given that many reviews I've read state that all three are superb and it comes down to personal preferences on sound signature.

post #538 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

Yes,  There is a switch on the back that enables the RCA to be either inputs or outputs.  Set it to outputs and send it to the solid state amp of choice.  The tubes are not used in the preamp, only the amp so you get USB to RCA passthrough with the WA7 either on or off.  Having said that I am not sure of the quality or power drive of the pre-amp feeding the RCAs but imagine Woo thought about it more then once.

 

Highly recommend either of the LCDs depending on your intended environment.  Really cannot go wrong with the WA7 + LCD, a pairing which in my opinion is an end game setup.

Thanks for the help.  Are you using a desktop setup?  I'm trying to get the optimal sound from a desktop setup and so far I've been using MOG for soundtracks.  Should probably upgrade to FLAC and people say foobar2000 is a must?  Not sure how sourcing affects the sound from 320 kbps to FLAC.

post #539 of 612

I use it on my home and work desktops.  i use the internal DAC and don't connect the RCA to anything.

post #540 of 612

Anyone have an update on the availability of the new power supply being released for this ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio