Just realized my HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp has an optical input and though my macbook pro does not i purchased a HiFiMeDIY DAC that does. Plugged it in and not only does it sound much better but now it accepts up to 24/96! Exciting because for a minute there I contemplated an upgrade ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio WA7 Headphone Amp (Black with Smoked Glass) Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:02pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: WooAudio WA7 Firefly Amplifier/DAC Last post on 11/16/13 at 10:24am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Amplification for Signature Pros Last post on 11/12/13 at 8:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Full size amps for IEM Last post on 11/9/13 at 4:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA7 Silver with upgrade tubes - Free Shipping/Insurance Last post on 11/7/13 at 12:03am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 33
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I imagine it would work fine. Gungnir has RCA out that would feed into the WA7 in RCA mode. I'm currently using an outboard DAC with the WA7 and TH900s and I am a very, very happy camper.
For everyone's information, since Byfrost and WA7 using the same USB chip while using different DAC chip, you can use the same drier for both units. I'm currently using latest Schiit driver v. 1.03 without problems and it also will allow you to use WASAPI out with foobar.
That's a good tip - I have just installed the Bifrost driver and it works like a charm, allowing me to use WASAPI event mode. Certainly worth a try if someone's having issues with the DAC.
I have these and my only dismay is you cant leave them on 24/7. I bought them to be my fulltime desktop listening solution for office but it really is only for listening sessions a few hours at a time, not 18+ hours a day
AudioQuest Cinnamon here but even cheaper and better, the NuForce USB cable. For some reason, it sounds better than the AQ with the WA7. Didn't notice a difference between the two with the Bifrost (no USB cable wars please - just my experience :)
Just bought mine, can't wait to test out how the IEMs work with it!
Is this worth taking a look at? or would any gold plated decent cable do just fine?
I don't know much about usbs but will likely go with one of the audioquest ones recommended above.
I've read a few posts about having issues with poor USB cable connections so I thought I would look into it now.
a better upgrade would be the iusb from ifi. The WA7 DAC is powered by the pc's USB bus, so the ifi would remedy that by 'outsourcing' the power to its own low noise power supply.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 37 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 56 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › best bookshelf speakers for around $160? 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Replacing my Logitech G930 headset 4 minutes ago
- › Steve Kondik (CyanogenMod) working on USB Audio! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe