Just realized my HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp has an optical input and though my macbook pro does not i purchased a HiFiMeDIY DAC that does. Plugged it in and not only does it sound much better but now it accepts up to 24/96! Exciting because for a minute there I contemplated an upgrade ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 5/15/15 at 7:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 33
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I imagine it would work fine. Gungnir has RCA out that would feed into the WA7 in RCA mode. I'm currently using an outboard DAC with the WA7 and TH900s and I am a very, very happy camper.
For everyone's information, since Byfrost and WA7 using the same USB chip while using different DAC chip, you can use the same drier for both units. I'm currently using latest Schiit driver v. 1.03 without problems and it also will allow you to use WASAPI out with foobar.
That's a good tip - I have just installed the Bifrost driver and it works like a charm, allowing me to use WASAPI event mode. Certainly worth a try if someone's having issues with the DAC.
I have these and my only dismay is you cant leave them on 24/7. I bought them to be my fulltime desktop listening solution for office but it really is only for listening sessions a few hours at a time, not 18+ hours a day
AudioQuest Cinnamon here but even cheaper and better, the NuForce USB cable. For some reason, it sounds better than the AQ with the WA7. Didn't notice a difference between the two with the Bifrost (no USB cable wars please - just my experience :)
Just bought mine, can't wait to test out how the IEMs work with it!
Is this worth taking a look at? or would any gold plated decent cable do just fine?
I don't know much about usbs but will likely go with one of the audioquest ones recommended above.
I've read a few posts about having issues with poor USB cable connections so I thought I would look into it now.
a better upgrade would be the iusb from ifi. The WA7 DAC is powered by the pc's USB bus, so the ifi would remedy that by 'outsourcing' the power to its own low noise power supply.
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VII and VIII (many pictures) 4 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 14 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 35 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 57 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Does a ~0.1db channel imbalance matter? 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2