Also i have a pair of lcd-2s, do i have the switch on high or low? Sorry guys i have no idea about these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide. Last post on 4/24/15 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 29
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The internal DAC is very good. If you jump to a Benchmark, Violectric, Prism, Grace, etc. you will hear an improvement, though it is along the lines of diminishing returns, going for the last 5% if you will. You are already very far up the curve.
lcd-2 is a low impedance can. But it will do no damage on either. So which ever sounds best to you.
Well stated! I totally agree, having had experience with some of those DACs. The WA7 just might be the most bang for the buck available!
i swear this guy is just trolling now
I'd say yes, it is worth it. You already spent $1k on the amp might as well throw another $60 at some replacement tubes that will let you judge the difference for yourself and in the end give you a spare set for when the other set dies.
I actually have never used the internal DAC. I keep thinking that if he did just the amp, I could sell this one and get that one, but the money part would be a wash anyway.
I have the stock tubes, and I've never felt the need to try the upgraded tubes. However, the idea of having a backup set on hand is enticing.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 8/23/13 at 10:22am
I don't know of a "better" dac in that price range. As others have stated here, even at much higher cost you are looking at diminishing returns. I have owned or still own some highly-regarded dacs and I find the WA7's dac to be excellent. It seems to me if you have one you like more just plug it in to the amp and enjoy it. As for the upgrade tubes, I really began to appreciate them after switching back to the stock ones (which is not to say they are bad).
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 37 seconds ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 10 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2