Also i have a pair of lcd-2s, do i have the switch on high or low? Sorry guys i have no idea about these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on 5/21/14 at 4:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA7... Uh... What's going on?... It's TERRIBLE. Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Wa7 amp dropout issue Last post on 5/12/14 at 8:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The internal DAC is very good. If you jump to a Benchmark, Violectric, Prism, Grace, etc. you will hear an improvement, though it is along the lines of diminishing returns, going for the last 5% if you will. You are already very far up the curve.
lcd-2 is a low impedance can. But it will do no damage on either. So which ever sounds best to you.
Well stated! I totally agree, having had experience with some of those DACs. The WA7 just might be the most bang for the buck available!
i swear this guy is just trolling now
I'd say yes, it is worth it. You already spent $1k on the amp might as well throw another $60 at some replacement tubes that will let you judge the difference for yourself and in the end give you a spare set for when the other set dies.
I actually have never used the internal DAC. I keep thinking that if he did just the amp, I could sell this one and get that one, but the money part would be a wash anyway.
I have the stock tubes, and I've never felt the need to try the upgraded tubes. However, the idea of having a backup set on hand is enticing.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 8/23/13 at 10:22am
I don't know of a "better" dac in that price range. As others have stated here, even at much higher cost you are looking at diminishing returns. I have owned or still own some highly-regarded dacs and I find the WA7's dac to be excellent. It seems to me if you have one you like more just plug it in to the amp and enjoy it. As for the upgrade tubes, I really began to appreciate them after switching back to the stock ones (which is not to say they are bad).
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 24 seconds ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 26 seconds ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 45 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 49 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)