Also i have a pair of lcd-2s, do i have the switch on high or low? Sorry guys i have no idea about these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- WA7 " Hum " Last post on 10/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA7 pairing with HD800 Last post on 8/28/14 at 12:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SOLD: Woo Audio WA7 + WA7tp (black) and upgrade tubes! Price Drop! Last post on 11/2/14 at 4:32am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 12/20/14 at 5:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 29
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The internal DAC is very good. If you jump to a Benchmark, Violectric, Prism, Grace, etc. you will hear an improvement, though it is along the lines of diminishing returns, going for the last 5% if you will. You are already very far up the curve.
lcd-2 is a low impedance can. But it will do no damage on either. So which ever sounds best to you.
Well stated! I totally agree, having had experience with some of those DACs. The WA7 just might be the most bang for the buck available!
i swear this guy is just trolling now
I'd say yes, it is worth it. You already spent $1k on the amp might as well throw another $60 at some replacement tubes that will let you judge the difference for yourself and in the end give you a spare set for when the other set dies.
I actually have never used the internal DAC. I keep thinking that if he did just the amp, I could sell this one and get that one, but the money part would be a wash anyway.
I have the stock tubes, and I've never felt the need to try the upgraded tubes. However, the idea of having a backup set on hand is enticing.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 8/23/13 at 10:22am
I don't know of a "better" dac in that price range. As others have stated here, even at much higher cost you are looking at diminishing returns. I have owned or still own some highly-regarded dacs and I find the WA7's dac to be excellent. It seems to me if you have one you like more just plug it in to the amp and enjoy it. As for the upgrade tubes, I really began to appreciate them after switching back to the stock ones (which is not to say they are bad).
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 26 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 34 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Budget Giant Killing Speakers! 2 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Need Assistance with Audio Setup for PS4 and PC. 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)