Also i have a pair of lcd-2s, do i have the switch on high or low? Sorry guys i have no idea about these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 7/19/14 at 11:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on 5/21/14 at 4:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA7... Uh... What's going on?... It's TERRIBLE. Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on Today at 7:03 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Wa7 amp dropout issue Last post on 5/12/14 at 8:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The internal DAC is very good. If you jump to a Benchmark, Violectric, Prism, Grace, etc. you will hear an improvement, though it is along the lines of diminishing returns, going for the last 5% if you will. You are already very far up the curve.
lcd-2 is a low impedance can. But it will do no damage on either. So which ever sounds best to you.
Well stated! I totally agree, having had experience with some of those DACs. The WA7 just might be the most bang for the buck available!
i swear this guy is just trolling now
I'd say yes, it is worth it. You already spent $1k on the amp might as well throw another $60 at some replacement tubes that will let you judge the difference for yourself and in the end give you a spare set for when the other set dies.
I actually have never used the internal DAC. I keep thinking that if he did just the amp, I could sell this one and get that one, but the money part would be a wash anyway.
I have the stock tubes, and I've never felt the need to try the upgraded tubes. However, the idea of having a backup set on hand is enticing.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 8/23/13 at 10:22am
I don't know of a "better" dac in that price range. As others have stated here, even at much higher cost you are looking at diminishing returns. I have owned or still own some highly-regarded dacs and I find the WA7's dac to be excellent. It seems to me if you have one you like more just plug it in to the amp and enjoy it. As for the upgrade tubes, I really began to appreciate them after switching back to the stock ones (which is not to say they are bad).
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › AKG Q701 vs Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for directional accuracy 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr, New, Open Box, Shipping, Paypal included 1 minute ago
- › Help setting up Astro A40 and mixamp with Xonar Phoebus? 2 minutes ago
- › Topping D3 (JUNE 2013 RELEASE) (DAC + Headphone Amp) 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr, less then 4 months old, less then 200 hours on tubes 4 minutes ago
- › Unable to display images 4 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)