Also i have a pair of lcd-2s, do i have the switch on high or low? Sorry guys i have no idea about these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 5/15/15 at 7:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 29
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The internal DAC is very good. If you jump to a Benchmark, Violectric, Prism, Grace, etc. you will hear an improvement, though it is along the lines of diminishing returns, going for the last 5% if you will. You are already very far up the curve.
lcd-2 is a low impedance can. But it will do no damage on either. So which ever sounds best to you.
Well stated! I totally agree, having had experience with some of those DACs. The WA7 just might be the most bang for the buck available!
i swear this guy is just trolling now
I'd say yes, it is worth it. You already spent $1k on the amp might as well throw another $60 at some replacement tubes that will let you judge the difference for yourself and in the end give you a spare set for when the other set dies.
I actually have never used the internal DAC. I keep thinking that if he did just the amp, I could sell this one and get that one, but the money part would be a wash anyway.
I have the stock tubes, and I've never felt the need to try the upgraded tubes. However, the idea of having a backup set on hand is enticing.
Edited by Kevin Brown - 8/23/13 at 10:22am
I don't know of a "better" dac in that price range. As others have stated here, even at much higher cost you are looking at diminishing returns. I have owned or still own some highly-regarded dacs and I find the WA7's dac to be excellent. It seems to me if you have one you like more just plug it in to the amp and enjoy it. As for the upgrade tubes, I really began to appreciate them after switching back to the stock ones (which is not to say they are bad).
- The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics) 41 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › My Experience with Audeze Deckard + Q701 3 minutes ago
- › The M AUDIO AV 32 and the AV 42 have been released. Has anyone had... 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2