Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio - Page 26

post #376 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

You need to change switch on the back from its default position to the one marked D/A

Yep, did that but no sound seems to come out.  I tried switching audio devices on my PC but nothing.

post #377 of 612
Your audio device should be the same but volume should be controlled by the amp you attached using RCA jacks
post #378 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

Your audio device should be the same but volume should be controlled by the amp you attached using RCA jacks

Duh, silly me.  I was trying to use the headphone output.  Guess I have to buy a RCA cable.  Thanks!


Edited by mediumraresteak - 7/29/13 at 8:22am
post #379 of 612
If you want to use headphones out you have to have power on but it will be double amping
post #380 of 612

well, around a month on I figured that I'd post I'm very happy with my WA2 Fireflies and HD800 combo :) 

 

only one comment really

 

 

the spot on the volume knob that goes around illuminated, this'd be great in the dark

post #381 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post

Listen to my WA7 + T5p combo every day all day at work and I couldn't be happier with the sound.  I am hearing things in music that I have listened to for 20 years that I have never heard before.  Very warm, very pure and clear with plenty of reserve power to put a punch in any kick at any moment without losing the ability to hear the artist take a breath between verse. 


Wow you actually use it at work! Your non-high-fi colleagues must be perplexed by the looks (half oldschool half modern) of this mysterious device.

 

Does it improve the T5p compared to straight computer/mp3 player output?

post #382 of 612
Hi guys. Has anyone here had any experience with the Fireflies and HD 800's Vs. HDVD 800. ? Is the WA7 good enough with the HD 800 ?

Thanks
post #383 of 612
At the april NYC couple of people tried HD800 with WA7 and they liked it. I didn't try it myself cause I don't like HD800 but tried several others including T1 and TH900 and they worked well
post #384 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by citadel View Post


Wow you actually use it at work! Your non-high-fi colleagues must be perplexed by the looks (half oldschool half modern) of this mysterious device.

 

 

I have mine at work too.  On top of my PC tower, under my desk.  Yes, it is a conversation item.  :)

post #385 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatrix View Post

Not rare at all in fact I think they are still in production in Russia so no need to build a stash.

I read somewhere that these tubes were developed for high powered military radar systems so at the power levels in the Woo they should last for years.

 

Has anyone had their EH tubes go outta wack?  Mine developed a serious channel imbalance which seemed to be more evident when switched to high impedence.  I swapped in the Sovteks and the imbalance is gone.  I've been using my WA7 with the EH's at work nearly every workday since late February but in reality I don't think that represents more than 500 hours on the tubes.

post #386 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by citadel View Post


Wow you actually use it at work! Your non-high-fi colleagues must be perplexed by the looks (half oldschool half modern) of this mysterious device.

 

Does it improve the T5p compared to straight computer/mp3 player output?

Yes, they are... every day one comes in wondering what it is and leaving with a huge smile on their face after hearing it with the T5p... the difference in sound compared to the computer output is incomparably immense.

post #387 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Duh View Post

 

Has anyone had their EH tubes go outta wack?  Mine developed a serious channel imbalance which seemed to be more evident when switched to high impedence.  I swapped in the Sovteks and the imbalance is gone.  I've been using my WA7 with the EH's at work nearly every workday since late February but in reality I don't think that represents more than 500 hours on the tubes.

No imbalance problems here using the EH tubes... sound so good i ordered an extra pair from the cryo-place someone on here recommended just incase they get old before i do L3000.gif

post #388 of 612

Perhaps I was a little poetic in that statement .

I have found it difficult to find data on the EH tube , there is a factory spec sheet for the Sovtek tube which lists a period of 3000 hours within operational parameters.

Looking at similar Russian tubes the shortest life span I could find was 2000 hours for a tube used in high voltage switching.

Life for similar tubes in general seems to be in the range of 3000 to 5000 hours with ruggedized versions rated up to 10000 hours.

So although you have my sympathy in component failure is always a pain in the *^#@ I really hope you have just been unlucky.

My experience with gold pin tubes of the ef95 type for my La Figaro amp is that they tend to be more prone to gas leakage than standard tubes from the same manufacturer , this may prove to be true for the EH tube.

Time will tell.

post #389 of 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

At the april NYC couple of people tried HD800 with WA7 and they liked it. I didn't try it myself cause I don't like HD800 but tried several others including T1 and TH900 and they worked well
I tried the T5p but prefer the LCD-2, both with Silver Dragon cabling and the EH tubes.
post #390 of 612

Im thinking of buying the Beyer T1 soon.  Does anyone have a comparison of the T1 vs. HD800 with the WA7?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio