Due to the 2 PM's limit, i was "forced" to create this thread...
I asked Dsnuts for a budget full-size headphones by PM, but then i got stuck with the 2 Pm's issue. i hope he doesn't get upset i'm getting this public...
Hi Dsnuts, my name is Carlos and i'm writing you from Portugal.
I religious follow your "the discovery thread" for some time now. i just bought the JVC FX101 based on your opinion and MAN they're great!!! and i got them for under 15 bucks!?! the real deal!!!
i'm now seeking for "full" heaphones. but i would like the same kind of budget deal... the crisis here in Portugal it's giving us such a bad time!?! :)
i hear mainly trip-hop (wax tailor, parov stelar, air, zero 7, telepopmusik, etc); alternative rock (pixies, joy division, morphine, etc) and reggae (bob marley, all the marley sons, buju banton, etc).
so, as you can see, i like warmer sounds, with a tendency to bass.
they're for indoor use.
i've been looking these models mainly because my budget can't go over $40 (liked the industrial look of the JVC's and the vintage looks of the Superlux's):
- JVC HA-S4X (they're under $30)
- JVC HA-M5X (didn't like some bad critics, around $40)
- Panasonic RP-HTF600E (unfortunately they're not available, so they're out of this quest)
- Superlux HD 651 (this one have some pretty bad reviews, but under $17)
- Superlux HD 681 (v-shaped sound, but i got scared with the crispy highs, around $40)
- Superlux HD 668 (more neutral than the 681, less bass... under $54)
what do you think? can you give me a little help?
do you have other suggestions for me?
thanks in advance, mate!
since then he suggested me the JVC HA-M750. with some search, i've also founded the Samson SR850...
i will buy the headphones from amazon.co.uk or amazon.es, and i would like to remain under $40.
can you guys (and Dsnuts, obviously) give me some help with this quest?
thanks in advance!