My WA22 tube setup was pretty much a stand in for my balanced B22 but the B22 had better staging and resolution so I sold the WA22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/2/15 at 8:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Team HD800 challenge! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
WA22 doesn't compete against EC 2A3 or WA5.
I like both the WA5 and EC 2A3. The WA5 is slightly more tubey, but in a good euphonic way. It's not syrupy mush. The WA5 + PWD gave me goosebumps. The EC 2A3 should be thought of well implemented solid-state with only the smallest hint of "tubeyness", but with the advantages of tubes: The WA5 and 2A3 have expanded soundstage and openness, and micro-detail retrieval and micro-dynamics which I have not heard in any solid-state amp. YMMV.
Edited by purrin - 1/1/13 at 4:35pm
Yea, but the BA sound more towards a SS amp, where the WA5 sounds more towards tubes. I'm looking for more of detailed resolution with the lush tube sound.
I think you need to audition the Stratus.
BHA-1 is excellent with 800s, and it's a great value at the price point--but only if you're running it balanced. What comes out of the SE output is dark and closed-in by comparison. Would you eat McDonald's when In-n-Out is across the street?
Before your Stratus purchase did you get a chance to compare it with the:
Or any others?
Edited by preproman - 1/2/13 at 8:41am
I believe third eye has heard EC amps in meet settings and still chose and prefers the Stratus. Unfortunately, a lot of the subtlety of what EC amps do so well, (microdetails and soundstaging) are hard to discern in a meet environment. I still really look forward to hearing the Stratus as it seems it would be right up my alley.
I think he mentioned earlier that he heard it with the EC BA and S7. A lot of it comes down to preference. On technicalities the BA stomps pretty much everything DHT.
The BHA-1 sounding better balanced comes up often but it's just the single ended output run though the same amp a second time at unity gain so aside from MOAR POWER, the sound should be similar, no?
I have really enjoyed my phonitor. The ability to control the center image helps with long term listening. I am the type that gets easily distracted by sound that either sounds like it is coming from inside my head or when vocals don't have a correct center. The hd800s are already really good at presenting correct center vocals, but the phonitor helps make everything sound right for long term listening. The sound quality is also excellent, but I'm sure others will argue that other amps might have a better sound. Personally I will trade a tiny bit of sound quality for "correct" imaging.
Best fast food burger ever. California, Arizona, Nevada only but I think they will finally start expanding further.
Better than Fat Burger?
- Team HD800 challenge!
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy Skullcrushers---REAL Subwoofers??? 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 9 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum 2.0, On-ear, Samsung. Price reduced! 10 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 10 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2