My WA22 tube setup was pretty much a stand in for my balanced B22 but the B22 had better staging and resolution so I sold the WA22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Inside Sennheiser Factory,How the HD800 are made. Last post on 12/22/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiophiles are bassheads in some degree? Last post on 12/22/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 12/10/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Factory Tour Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Where is the sweet spot for quality headphones? Last post on 12/2/14 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Team HD800 challenge! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
WA22 doesn't compete against EC 2A3 or WA5.
I like both the WA5 and EC 2A3. The WA5 is slightly more tubey, but in a good euphonic way. It's not syrupy mush. The WA5 + PWD gave me goosebumps. The EC 2A3 should be thought of well implemented solid-state with only the smallest hint of "tubeyness", but with the advantages of tubes: The WA5 and 2A3 have expanded soundstage and openness, and micro-detail retrieval and micro-dynamics which I have not heard in any solid-state amp. YMMV.
Edited by purrin - 1/1/13 at 4:35pm
Yea, but the BA sound more towards a SS amp, where the WA5 sounds more towards tubes. I'm looking for more of detailed resolution with the lush tube sound.
I think you need to audition the Stratus.
BHA-1 is excellent with 800s, and it's a great value at the price point--but only if you're running it balanced. What comes out of the SE output is dark and closed-in by comparison. Would you eat McDonald's when In-n-Out is across the street?
Before your Stratus purchase did you get a chance to compare it with the:
Or any others?
Edited by preproman - 1/2/13 at 8:41am
I believe third eye has heard EC amps in meet settings and still chose and prefers the Stratus. Unfortunately, a lot of the subtlety of what EC amps do so well, (microdetails and soundstaging) are hard to discern in a meet environment. I still really look forward to hearing the Stratus as it seems it would be right up my alley.
I think he mentioned earlier that he heard it with the EC BA and S7. A lot of it comes down to preference. On technicalities the BA stomps pretty much everything DHT.
The BHA-1 sounding better balanced comes up often but it's just the single ended output run though the same amp a second time at unity gain so aside from MOAR POWER, the sound should be similar, no?
I have really enjoyed my phonitor. The ability to control the center image helps with long term listening. I am the type that gets easily distracted by sound that either sounds like it is coming from inside my head or when vocals don't have a correct center. The hd800s are already really good at presenting correct center vocals, but the phonitor helps make everything sound right for long term listening. The sound quality is also excellent, but I'm sure others will argue that other amps might have a better sound. Personally I will trade a tiny bit of sound quality for "correct" imaging.
Best fast food burger ever. California, Arizona, Nevada only but I think they will finally start expanding further.
Better than Fat Burger?
- Team HD800 challenge!
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 31 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember review 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Does having a better dac makes a noticeable difference? Fiio e10k... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)