I lost my klipsch x10 which I liked, so I need to get another pair:
- 100-300$, probably not more, probably.
- not custom fitted
- comfort and isolation are important, I'll be wearing them for hours every day, and they should shut out noises well. The klipsch was good for these; maybe another one can do better?
- sound quality should be good (?) but with maybe more bass? Since iems are generally bad with bass, although reviews said the klipsch has stronger bass than most. Is a stronger bass response on an IEM better than just boosting the bass in an equalizer? If it's not, I'd rather get an IEM with an accurate response
- microphonics - I'll be walking with these headphones a lot, so the movement preferably wouldn't affect the IEMs too much. This also means an IEM that doesn't need an amp, because I'm not going to carry an amp around, but I don't see any IEMs that definitely require an amp.
Thanks for any suggestions
I've looked at
- Etymotic ER-4P but then I read about how the heavy cable has a lot of noise transfer from the cable
- Westone 2?
- Sennheiser IE8 doesn't isolate
- Vsonic GR07? looks like has bass but not as much isolation?
Edited by qvxz - 12/30/12 at 12:16am