Hi. I know that for gaming with a X-Fi sound card, Windows speaker setup should be set to 7.1 and the Creative console should be set to "headphones". However, what should the Windows speaker configuration be set to for music listening (in entertainment mode rather than gaming mode with the CMSS off).
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Doesn't have to be switched for music listening, I personally even prefer using 5.1 (I use 5.1 because 5.1 is a lot better supported than 7.1 in general so and some games like Skyrim needs to be set to 5.1 for it to sound as it should) in games but also music listening. To me it sounds like the soundstage is slightly better and it's more widespread, at least when I use my tweaked dolby headphone foobar2000 config. Using stereo when listening to music it sounds more centered, crammed together and less focus on imaging.
This is also one of the reasons I haven't gave up soundcards in favor for USB DACs as I need that 5.1 speaker support.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/29/12 at 4:00pm
- Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Stax Thread III 4 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › New April Music Stello HP100 MKII 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)