Hi. I know that for gaming with a X-Fi sound card, Windows speaker setup should be set to 7.1 and the Creative console should be set to "headphones". However, what should the Windows speaker configuration be set to for music listening (in entertainment mode rather than gaming mode with the CMSS off).
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Doesn't have to be switched for music listening, I personally even prefer using 5.1 (I use 5.1 because 5.1 is a lot better supported than 7.1 in general so and some games like Skyrim needs to be set to 5.1 for it to sound as it should) in games but also music listening. To me it sounds like the soundstage is slightly better and it's more widespread, at least when I use my tweaked dolby headphone foobar2000 config. Using stereo when listening to music it sounds more centered, crammed together and less focus on imaging.
This is also one of the reasons I haven't gave up soundcards in favor for USB DACs as I need that 5.1 speaker support.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/29/12 at 4:00pm
- Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp 35 seconds ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › What is your favorite Japanese songs ? 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › Just bought a new sound card (Phoebus) and am not sure about my buy 5 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)