Hi. I know that for gaming with a X-Fi sound card, Windows speaker setup should be set to 7.1 and the Creative console should be set to "headphones". However, what should the Windows speaker configuration be set to for music listening (in entertainment mode rather than gaming mode with the CMSS off).
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Doesn't have to be switched for music listening, I personally even prefer using 5.1 (I use 5.1 because 5.1 is a lot better supported than 7.1 in general so and some games like Skyrim needs to be set to 5.1 for it to sound as it should) in games but also music listening. To me it sounds like the soundstage is slightly better and it's more widespread, at least when I use my tweaked dolby headphone foobar2000 config. Using stereo when listening to music it sounds more centered, crammed together and less focus on imaging.
This is also one of the reasons I haven't gave up soundcards in favor for USB DACs as I need that 5.1 speaker support.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/29/12 at 4:00pm
- Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › How to burn in an headphone correctly and how can i test it ? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations headphone for open office ? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 10 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3