Hi. I know that for gaming with a X-Fi sound card, Windows speaker setup should be set to 7.1 and the Creative console should be set to "headphones". However, what should the Windows speaker configuration be set to for music listening (in entertainment mode rather than gaming mode with the CMSS off).
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Doesn't have to be switched for music listening, I personally even prefer using 5.1 (I use 5.1 because 5.1 is a lot better supported than 7.1 in general so and some games like Skyrim needs to be set to 5.1 for it to sound as it should) in games but also music listening. To me it sounds like the soundstage is slightly better and it's more widespread, at least when I use my tweaked dolby headphone foobar2000 config. Using stereo when listening to music it sounds more centered, crammed together and less focus on imaging.
This is also one of the reasons I haven't gave up soundcards in favor for USB DACs as I need that 5.1 speaker support.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/29/12 at 4:00pm
- Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 seconds ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Accidentally took my SE215s through a week of hillwalking in... 5 minutes ago
- › Naps feel great 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3