Hi. I know that for gaming with a X-Fi sound card, Windows speaker setup should be set to 7.1 and the Creative console should be set to "headphones". However, what should the Windows speaker configuration be set to for music listening (in entertainment mode rather than gaming mode with the CMSS off).
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
thinksound rain2 - A mini Review Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a...
Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Doesn't have to be switched for music listening, I personally even prefer using 5.1 (I use 5.1 because 5.1 is a lot better supported than 7.1 in general so and some games like Skyrim needs to be set to 5.1 for it to sound as it should) in games but also music listening. To me it sounds like the soundstage is slightly better and it's more widespread, at least when I use my tweaked dolby headphone foobar2000 config. Using stereo when listening to music it sounds more centered, crammed together and less focus on imaging.
This is also one of the reasons I haven't gave up soundcards in favor for USB DACs as I need that 5.1 speaker support.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/29/12 at 4:00pm
- Windows speaker configuration for music listening
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 13 seconds ago
- › Speaker time. $300 price range, for desktop PC 31 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Angie - JH Audio Sirens Series - a review about the music, not the... 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Review: RIVA TURBO X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by moedawg140
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › FLC Technology FLC8 by jk47
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2