I recently received an NW-F807/S that I imported from Japan. I'm in the USA, and I received it on 21-Dec. This is my second recent Walkman DAP, and I still use my NW-A867 due to its smaller and more convenient size. The NW-A867 is better for me for Bluetooth streaming to my car's dash unit. Also, the A Series Walkman works better with Sony's neck-strap noise canceling in-ear headphones that I own (the neck-strap headphones allow you to wear the Walkman around your neck and also prevent the ear buds from falling onto the ground when they one falls out of your ear).
I wanted to make a post on some of the issues I am encountering with the new F Series. I actually have not yet listened to any of my music with it. I have only listened to a few of the included sample songs that were already loaded onto it. The reason I haven't listened to my music is due to issue #1, which is that the music analyzer is not stable. On My A Series, its built-in music analyzer worked without issues and never crashed. On my F Series, I have just encountered my second application error that caused it to stop. When it does crash, it will resume where it left off when you restart it. However, after over one week of nonstop music analysis, it has only completed scanning less than one third of all my files. I am running with the Perform detailed analysis option checked off, which takes longer to scan.
Issue #2 is minor-- the device defaults to Japanese language and keyboard input when you initially power it on. This is understandable due to it being intended for the Japanese market. It would be nice to see the language option screen appear when you initially power it on. Japenese could be the default on this selection screen. The reason I suggest this is that when I initially charged my Walkman then powered it on, I got some Android setup screen that was all in Japanese. I couldn't read any of it, but I was able to eventually configure my wireless router by comparing to my Android phone's setup screen. What I did not know was that all I needed to do was power it off followed by powering it back on to see the language configuration screen. It would have been nice to see this screen the first time I powered it on.
My Walkman has the latest update available (it updated itself), so there's at least one major bug that needs work.
More to come later as I start using this Walkman...