- 111 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: ISRAEL
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 12/31/12
- productRay Samuels HR-2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- soldering advice - DT880 repair Last post on 4/4/14 at 5:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will my Xonar DGX be able to drive 250ohm headphones? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:06pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (250ohms) Last post on 11/13/13 at 1:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm Premium +with+ Schiit Magni = insta-setup! Last post on 9/22/13 at 10:30am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Advice on start Amp/Dac or just amp for DT880 250 Pros Last post on 9/18/13 at 12:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget?
I used to own the DT880 600Ohms version and I had fantastic tube warmth from using the Decware CSP2+ tube amp.
This amp works great with high impedance headphones (i.e. 250 Ohms and above)
I'm currently using the same CSP2+ amp with the Beyer T1 (600 Ohms) with the same fantastic results.
Well you can try on of the Schiit Amps, I have the Magni. I would also suggest using the DT880 with either of Schiit's tube amps the Lyr or the Valhalla.
I've been driving my pair of 600 ohm DT880s with a Ray Samuels Audio HR-2 for years, it drives them wonderfully! The sound is superb!
But then again, Ray only makes great sounding amps...
I really gotta pay more attention before I post!
It is possible that you will find the E09K bright and sharp with some material.
I recommend the La Figaro 336C, a nice warm sounding amp which does not veer too far into mushy-ness and muddiness. Bass is still tight and punchy.
Edited by Chris J - 12/30/12 at 5:38pm
Not too sure how true this is, but supposedly the 336C uses better output caps than the 336i.
If you want to spend big $$, try the Bryston BHA-1.
It has balanced and SE outputs and has enough power to drive almost any 'phone.
I've tried this amp out once with DT880s, unfortunately, the show room was so noisy I really couldn't get a handle on how the system sounded.
600 ohm beyers pair really really nicely with OTL's.
I try not to use amps to replace EQ. I've found the crack is pretty neutral as far as tube amps go. *shrug*
I've never listened to the Beta22 - It looks great, though maybe overkill. I was contemplating building out a Dynalo, or an AMB M3, both of those should be good pairings as well. I do like a little tubey goodness with my 880's though. I'll probably keep running the 880's with the crack, and build out a good Solid State for lower impedance, high current phones like Orthos and Grados.
- Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Motown had The Funk Brothers. Stax had Booker T. & The M.G’s. Rock... 41 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p - Price Drop 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)