- 94 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 12/31/12
- productRay Samuels HR-2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (250ohms) Last post on 11/13/13 at 1:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm Premium +with+ Schiit Magni = insta-setup! Last post on 9/22/13 at 10:30am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Advice on start Amp/Dac or just amp for DT880 250 Pros Last post on 9/18/13 at 12:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250ohm ALO Continental V2vacuum tube amplifieror trade for i devices Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/18/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget?
I used to own the DT880 600Ohms version and I had fantastic tube warmth from using the Decware CSP2+ tube amp.
This amp works great with high impedance headphones (i.e. 250 Ohms and above)
I'm currently using the same CSP2+ amp with the Beyer T1 (600 Ohms) with the same fantastic results.
Well you can try on of the Schiit Amps, I have the Magni. I would also suggest using the DT880 with either of Schiit's tube amps the Lyr or the Valhalla.
I've been driving my pair of 600 ohm DT880s with a Ray Samuels Audio HR-2 for years, it drives them wonderfully! The sound is superb!
But then again, Ray only makes great sounding amps...
I really gotta pay more attention before I post!
It is possible that you will find the E09K bright and sharp with some material.
I recommend the La Figaro 336C, a nice warm sounding amp which does not veer too far into mushy-ness and muddiness. Bass is still tight and punchy.
Edited by Chris J - 12/30/12 at 5:38pm
Not too sure how true this is, but supposedly the 336C uses better output caps than the 336i.
If you want to spend big $$, try the Bryston BHA-1.
It has balanced and SE outputs and has enough power to drive almost any 'phone.
I've tried this amp out once with DT880s, unfortunately, the show room was so noisy I really couldn't get a handle on how the system sounded.
600 ohm beyers pair really really nicely with OTL's.
I try not to use amps to replace EQ. I've found the crack is pretty neutral as far as tube amps go. *shrug*
I've never listened to the Beta22 - It looks great, though maybe overkill. I was contemplating building out a Dynalo, or an AMB M3, both of those should be good pairings as well. I do like a little tubey goodness with my 880's though. I'll probably keep running the 880's with the crack, and build out a good Solid State for lower impedance, high current phones like Orthos and Grados.
- Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread just now
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 58 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 3 minutes ago
- › More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues! 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7506, 7509 or V6 ? 7 minutes ago
- › Do i really need to burn in my headphones? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital