- 109 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: ISRAEL
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 12/31/12
- productRay Samuels HR-2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- soldering advice - DT880 repair Last post on 4/4/14 at 5:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will my Xonar DGX be able to drive 250ohm headphones? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:06pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (250ohms) Last post on 11/13/13 at 1:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm Premium +with+ Schiit Magni = insta-setup! Last post on 9/22/13 at 10:30am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Advice on start Amp/Dac or just amp for DT880 250 Pros Last post on 9/18/13 at 12:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget?
I used to own the DT880 600Ohms version and I had fantastic tube warmth from using the Decware CSP2+ tube amp.
This amp works great with high impedance headphones (i.e. 250 Ohms and above)
I'm currently using the same CSP2+ amp with the Beyer T1 (600 Ohms) with the same fantastic results.
Well you can try on of the Schiit Amps, I have the Magni. I would also suggest using the DT880 with either of Schiit's tube amps the Lyr or the Valhalla.
I've been driving my pair of 600 ohm DT880s with a Ray Samuels Audio HR-2 for years, it drives them wonderfully! The sound is superb!
But then again, Ray only makes great sounding amps...
I really gotta pay more attention before I post!
It is possible that you will find the E09K bright and sharp with some material.
I recommend the La Figaro 336C, a nice warm sounding amp which does not veer too far into mushy-ness and muddiness. Bass is still tight and punchy.
Edited by Chris J - 12/30/12 at 5:38pm
Not too sure how true this is, but supposedly the 336C uses better output caps than the 336i.
If you want to spend big $$, try the Bryston BHA-1.
It has balanced and SE outputs and has enough power to drive almost any 'phone.
I've tried this amp out once with DT880s, unfortunately, the show room was so noisy I really couldn't get a handle on how the system sounded.
600 ohm beyers pair really really nicely with OTL's.
I try not to use amps to replace EQ. I've found the crack is pretty neutral as far as tube amps go. *shrug*
I've never listened to the Beta22 - It looks great, though maybe overkill. I was contemplating building out a Dynalo, or an AMB M3, both of those should be good pairings as well. I do like a little tubey goodness with my 880's though. I'll probably keep running the 880's with the crack, and build out a good Solid State for lower impedance, high current phones like Orthos and Grados.
- Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 28 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3/X5 vs. Ipod 5.5G + Fiio e12 6 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)