- 111 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: ISRAEL
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productDecware csp-2tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 12/31/12
- productRay Samuels HR-2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- soldering advice - DT880 repair Last post on 4/4/14 at 5:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will my Xonar DGX be able to drive 250ohm headphones? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:06pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (250ohms) Last post on 11/13/13 at 1:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm Premium +with+ Schiit Magni = insta-setup! Last post on 9/22/13 at 10:30am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Advice on start Amp/Dac or just amp for DT880 250 Pros Last post on 9/18/13 at 12:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget?
I used to own the DT880 600Ohms version and I had fantastic tube warmth from using the Decware CSP2+ tube amp.
This amp works great with high impedance headphones (i.e. 250 Ohms and above)
I'm currently using the same CSP2+ amp with the Beyer T1 (600 Ohms) with the same fantastic results.
Well you can try on of the Schiit Amps, I have the Magni. I would also suggest using the DT880 with either of Schiit's tube amps the Lyr or the Valhalla.
I've been driving my pair of 600 ohm DT880s with a Ray Samuels Audio HR-2 for years, it drives them wonderfully! The sound is superb!
But then again, Ray only makes great sounding amps...
I really gotta pay more attention before I post!
It is possible that you will find the E09K bright and sharp with some material.
I recommend the La Figaro 336C, a nice warm sounding amp which does not veer too far into mushy-ness and muddiness. Bass is still tight and punchy.
Edited by Chris J - 12/30/12 at 5:38pm
Not too sure how true this is, but supposedly the 336C uses better output caps than the 336i.
If you want to spend big $$, try the Bryston BHA-1.
It has balanced and SE outputs and has enough power to drive almost any 'phone.
I've tried this amp out once with DT880s, unfortunately, the show room was so noisy I really couldn't get a handle on how the system sounded.
600 ohm beyers pair really really nicely with OTL's.
I try not to use amps to replace EQ. I've found the crack is pretty neutral as far as tube amps go. *shrug*
I've never listened to the Beta22 - It looks great, though maybe overkill. I was contemplating building out a Dynalo, or an AMB M3, both of those should be good pairings as well. I do like a little tubey goodness with my 880's though. I'll probably keep running the 880's with the crack, and build out a good Solid State for lower impedance, high current phones like Orthos and Grados.
- Amplifier for Beyerdynamics DT880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX just now
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 second ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › What should I get: ruizu 02 or xduoo x2? 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Questions about my amp 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 II Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3