Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Denver, NC meet Impressions, January 20, 2013........AKA Charlotte area meet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denver, NC meet Impressions, January 20, 2013........AKA Charlotte area meet - Page 5  

post #61 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post


Would you recommend me installing it during my initial build, or am I better off installing it down the road? Shame you don't have a pair of HD650's to test it on!

I'd say to convince your wife to let you go ahead and get yourself and her an early anniversary gift, because I don't have any doubt in mind that paired with the HD650, she will be fighting you to listen to it ;)

 

That said, and in all seriousness, I can almost guarantee that the HD650 will be better with the Speedball upgrade.

post #62 of 140

I do not know the photographer nor the subject but that is an excellent photo.

 

KP

 

post #63 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillerPiglet View Post

I do not know the photographer nor the subject but that is an excellent photo.

KP

...
Heh, thanks, I took the picture and that's dailydoseofdaly.
post #64 of 140

It's rare you see anybody wearing an LCD-5. biggrin.gif

post #65 of 140

so hey to everyone who i talked to about the USB audio out. After much research, I think i may have solved the age old dilemma of audio out. And i think i can do it for around $100. Apple, prepare to meet your down fall.

 

So here's what im thinking. G4 mini pc, powered by a portable phone charger (it runs from powered USB into the micro USB slot on the G4). The default screen on the G4 set to a specific music app (it may vary a bit depending on the files you use) . Then run USB out, and into your USB DAC of choice. Then, you can control your music via the included IR remote. Think a simplistic platform like the original iPod shuffles. Now i haven't yet attempted it; however, i have from reliable sources that it should work, at least in theory. I plan to try it out as soon as I can rustle up $100 or so. 

 

Just thinking aloud here, but something like this could change the face of portable audio as we know it.

post #66 of 140

Regarding the photograph above, I believe he was getting his free prostate exam at the time the picture was snapped. We are very health oriented at our Meets.

 

I wonder how many will show up to our next meet? 

post #67 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post

Regarding the photograph above, I believe he was getting his free prostate exam at the time the picture was snapped. We are very health oriented at our Meets.

I wonder how many will show up to our next meet? 

Clean bill of health and good tunes, really can't go wrong at an nc meet.
post #68 of 140
Once again, you have rendered me speechless.
post #69 of 140

"Clean bill of health and good tunes, really can't go wrong at an nc meet."

 

THAT'S the spirit!!!!!

post #70 of 140

...and I used to wonder why their wasn't a high end audio store within a hundred miles of Charlotte.tongue_smile.gif

post #71 of 140

I wonder what the tune could have been during that examination...

 

Rocky Theme?  I can totally picture that.

post #72 of 140

Perhaps Queen's "We Will ROCK You" or The Beatles' "Long and Winding Road". 

 

Lot's of possibilities with this one. 

post #73 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillerPiglet View Post

I do not know the photographer nor the subject but that is an excellent photo.

 

KP

 

Yeah it’s the face you make when you you’re thinking "my-ho-my why would anybody pay 2 grands for this POS? They sound just like a pair of LCD-2s playing in your neck!" and suddenly realize that it’s the wrong 'phones that are hooked up...

;¬)

post #74 of 140
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoy View Post

 

Yeah it’s the face you make when you you’re thinking "my-ho-my why would anybody pay 2 grands for this POS? They sound just like a pair of LCD-2s playing in your neck!" and suddenly realize that it’s the wrong 'phones that are hooked up...

;¬)

Calling someone elses choice of head phones a "POS" is rude at the very least. It may be your opinion and that's fine, but to belittle another persons gear in unacceptable. Stop it. 

post #75 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat28037 View Post

Calling someone elses choice of head phones a "POS" is rude at the very least. It may be your opinion and that's fine, but to belittle another persons gear in unacceptable. Stop it. 

 

In case you hadn't noticed, he was joking about the fact that the LCD-3s in the picture aren't plugged in but the LCD-2s around his neck are smily_headphones1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Denver, NC meet Impressions, January 20, 2013........AKA Charlotte area meet