Related Forum Threads
- Best Budget Headphones Last post on 9/3/12 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sick of buying headphones Last post on 5/7/13 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice a headphone for a friend, want it super comfortable for movies Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Any cheap headphones? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD 419 is a great upgrade to the 201. I really think the 201 is a great budget beater can but the 419 are quite a few levels higher.
The 419's are the darkest sounding of the 400 series tho. The have a darker sound sig then the rest. Kind of what everyone calls the Senn Veil. Everything has a laid back sound but it is really a nice sound. The Bass isn't massive but has a nice little punch, The mids are dead center, and the highs are very clear without being harsh. Comfort wise they are great as well.
Velours, can't get better!!! And the price you got them for, great buy!!!
The pad are easily changed. If you look closely at where the pads and the housing meet you will see small tabs going around the outside of the housing. Just gently push inwards (The pads) and slide the pad out from behind the little tabs. I think there are a total of 10 or so tabs, Once you get 1 or 2 tabs free the pads will slip right out. To install just reverse. Just go slowly so you don't snap a tab. Also FYI the 400 series pads fit the 201 perfect. So you can put the 419/439's on the 201's. Major upgrade to comfort. And they only cost $10 from Senn.
18$ from senn here :/ That isn't too cheap compared to the price of the HD 201 in the first place.
Wait? The Koss PortaPros have lifetime warranty?
Yeah, I have been returning my portapros to be fixed for years. The bad news is they are NOT durable, good news is they ARE faithful to their lifetime warranty. It's pretty cool. The sound quality of the portapros is also excellent for an inexpensive headphone.
I highly recommend giving the Koss KSC75 a try. They can be bought for less than $15 on Amazon and I must say, they are a truly amazing headphone, especially at this price. I have a pair of Bose QC15 that I use for noise cancelling, and I honestly listen to my KSC75's more often because I think they actually sound better, and the QC15's are $300 headphones. Now the KSC75 don't give great noise cancellation because they are a semi-open headphone, but I don't think you will mind, I wear them on the bus all the time and they aren't too bad if you just turn the music up a little bit. They are pretty comfortable as well but that may not be true for everybody. Can't really go wrong with a $15 dollar pair of headphones though, if ya don't like them, then oh well, they were only $15!
Also, I would like to add in that they leak a lot. I was listening to them in class one day and everybody in the room knew what song i was listening to, lol.
- Any cheap headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 21 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 38 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 1 minute ago
- › iRiver Astell & Kern AK120 DAP ~ LIKE NEW 2 minutes ago
- › Alternatives to IEM's? 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 3 minutes ago
- › Amp/DAC combinations for the future 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob