Related Forum Threads
- Best Budget Headphones Last post on 9/3/12 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sick of buying headphones Last post on 5/7/13 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice a headphone for a friend, want it super comfortable for movies Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Any cheap headphones? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD 419 is a great upgrade to the 201. I really think the 201 is a great budget beater can but the 419 are quite a few levels higher.
The 419's are the darkest sounding of the 400 series tho. The have a darker sound sig then the rest. Kind of what everyone calls the Senn Veil. Everything has a laid back sound but it is really a nice sound. The Bass isn't massive but has a nice little punch, The mids are dead center, and the highs are very clear without being harsh. Comfort wise they are great as well.
Velours, can't get better!!! And the price you got them for, great buy!!!
The pad are easily changed. If you look closely at where the pads and the housing meet you will see small tabs going around the outside of the housing. Just gently push inwards (The pads) and slide the pad out from behind the little tabs. I think there are a total of 10 or so tabs, Once you get 1 or 2 tabs free the pads will slip right out. To install just reverse. Just go slowly so you don't snap a tab. Also FYI the 400 series pads fit the 201 perfect. So you can put the 419/439's on the 201's. Major upgrade to comfort. And they only cost $10 from Senn.
18$ from senn here :/ That isn't too cheap compared to the price of the HD 201 in the first place.
Wait? The Koss PortaPros have lifetime warranty?
Yeah, I have been returning my portapros to be fixed for years. The bad news is they are NOT durable, good news is they ARE faithful to their lifetime warranty. It's pretty cool. The sound quality of the portapros is also excellent for an inexpensive headphone.
I highly recommend giving the Koss KSC75 a try. They can be bought for less than $15 on Amazon and I must say, they are a truly amazing headphone, especially at this price. I have a pair of Bose QC15 that I use for noise cancelling, and I honestly listen to my KSC75's more often because I think they actually sound better, and the QC15's are $300 headphones. Now the KSC75 don't give great noise cancellation because they are a semi-open headphone, but I don't think you will mind, I wear them on the bus all the time and they aren't too bad if you just turn the music up a little bit. They are pretty comfortable as well but that may not be true for everybody. Can't really go wrong with a $15 dollar pair of headphones though, if ya don't like them, then oh well, they were only $15!
Also, I would like to add in that they leak a lot. I was listening to them in class one day and everybody in the room knew what song i was listening to, lol.
- Any cheap headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 305 IEMs compared (Moe Audio MOE-SS01 Added... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Mook Headphone Festival Dec. 2013 @ Singapore 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3s & Sennheiser HD650s For Trade 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 5 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe