Is there any difference in sound quality between the two, wondering which player to use. I don't have spotify premium if that matters.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Foobar vs. Spotify?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, spotify is a streaming service too, so if you don't have local files, then i guess i would go with spotify, although if you don't have premium the sound quality isn't that great. Also, spotify can't play flac. If you aren't streaming, then i would definitely recommend foobar over spotify.
I have not tried Foobar, however I have used Spotify.
I owned a subscription to the Spotify Premium, and I was not disappointed. However I recently cancelled my subscription to Spotify and purchased a premium subscription to MOG, a similar music streaming service. Everything is streamed and downloaded in 328 kb/s. Although Spotify claims the same, some believe parts of their library streams at 128 or 160 kb/s. Most people that compare the two on this site generally choose MOG, based on audio quality alone. The user interface is poor compared to Spotify, but it is worth it in my opinion.
They are very, very similar. Of course a few differences here and there.
For example: MOG has Pink Floyd, while Spotify does not. I have heard Spotify has some dubstep that MOG is missing, etc...
What's the streaming quality:
How to see the actual value:
And according to this article, Spotify has 99% of their catalog at 320 kbps:
Edited by pepemosca - 4/27/13 at 8:24am
I use Spotify premium at 320 kpbs and the quality is good.
The best reason for utilizing Spotify or any other streaming service though is music discovery.
When you can type in almost any band name and listen to something, you will find yourself trying a much wider variety of music.
For example, it's easy to follow the "what are you listening to right now" thread and sample what other people are recommending. 80% of the time you may hate it, but 20% of time you'll find a gem.
- Foobar vs. Spotify?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 9 minutes ago
- › Were the Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials wearing audiophile headphones? 9 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 12 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Westone UMPro50 Stage Monitor 14 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)