Is there any difference in sound quality between the two, wondering which player to use. I don't have spotify premium if that matters.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Foobar vs. Spotify?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, spotify is a streaming service too, so if you don't have local files, then i guess i would go with spotify, although if you don't have premium the sound quality isn't that great. Also, spotify can't play flac. If you aren't streaming, then i would definitely recommend foobar over spotify.
I have not tried Foobar, however I have used Spotify.
I owned a subscription to the Spotify Premium, and I was not disappointed. However I recently cancelled my subscription to Spotify and purchased a premium subscription to MOG, a similar music streaming service. Everything is streamed and downloaded in 328 kb/s. Although Spotify claims the same, some believe parts of their library streams at 128 or 160 kb/s. Most people that compare the two on this site generally choose MOG, based on audio quality alone. The user interface is poor compared to Spotify, but it is worth it in my opinion.
They are very, very similar. Of course a few differences here and there.
For example: MOG has Pink Floyd, while Spotify does not. I have heard Spotify has some dubstep that MOG is missing, etc...
What's the streaming quality:
How to see the actual value:
And according to this article, Spotify has 99% of their catalog at 320 kbps:
Edited by pepemosca - 4/27/13 at 8:24am
I use Spotify premium at 320 kpbs and the quality is good.
The best reason for utilizing Spotify or any other streaming service though is music discovery.
When you can type in almost any band name and listen to something, you will find yourself trying a much wider variety of music.
For example, it's easy to follow the "what are you listening to right now" thread and sample what other people are recommending. 80% of the time you may hate it, but 20% of time you'll find a gem.
- Foobar vs. Spotify?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68,... 10 seconds ago
- › Spending $1,500 on 5+ Headphones to Compare for YOU guys. Which... 14 seconds ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Need help with gaming headsets versus actual headphones for 7.1... 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 6 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 6 minutes ago
- › ~$100-$175 IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi