Is there any difference in sound quality between the two, wondering which player to use. I don't have spotify premium if that matters.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Foobar vs. Spotify?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, spotify is a streaming service too, so if you don't have local files, then i guess i would go with spotify, although if you don't have premium the sound quality isn't that great. Also, spotify can't play flac. If you aren't streaming, then i would definitely recommend foobar over spotify.
I have not tried Foobar, however I have used Spotify.
I owned a subscription to the Spotify Premium, and I was not disappointed. However I recently cancelled my subscription to Spotify and purchased a premium subscription to MOG, a similar music streaming service. Everything is streamed and downloaded in 328 kb/s. Although Spotify claims the same, some believe parts of their library streams at 128 or 160 kb/s. Most people that compare the two on this site generally choose MOG, based on audio quality alone. The user interface is poor compared to Spotify, but it is worth it in my opinion.
They are very, very similar. Of course a few differences here and there.
For example: MOG has Pink Floyd, while Spotify does not. I have heard Spotify has some dubstep that MOG is missing, etc...
What's the streaming quality:
How to see the actual value:
And according to this article, Spotify has 99% of their catalog at 320 kbps:
Edited by pepemosca - 4/27/13 at 8:24am
I use Spotify premium at 320 kpbs and the quality is good.
The best reason for utilizing Spotify or any other streaming service though is music discovery.
When you can type in almost any band name and listen to something, you will find yourself trying a much wider variety of music.
For example, it's easy to follow the "what are you listening to right now" thread and sample what other people are recommending. 80% of the time you may hate it, but 20% of time you'll find a gem.
- Foobar vs. Spotify?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › How do the HD800's sound compared to the beyerdynamic t1? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2