Ok last time I left off i returned the Grado SR80i because of comfort and sound leakage. I returned the ATHM50s because of comfort. Now I am returning the K550 because of fit. I love the sound of these cans but i cant get them to fit snug on my head for the life of me. I even tried bending the headband to no avail. So back they go but i think after every headphone i get im getting closer and closer to what I really want. Thank god for Amazon's return policy and boo on no hifi shops in my town.
So here is my revised checklist for what i want.
1. Comfort - This is probably most important mainly because i know that the sound i get for the types of cans i am looking at are going to be great for me. I prefer over the ear. Something i can wear for hours because when I am at work i can be at the computer for 8 hours at a time. I dont want something that will make my heard hurt or ears sweat.
2. I'm not into the music industry but i do love good sounding equipment. I want something with bass but not overly so. I listen to a huge array of music, basically everything but the majority of my collection is movie scores. However I do love dave matthews band, and even some country music here and there. And i do listen to the occasional eminem. I love techno as well like amon tobin and daft punk, and some infected mushroom.
3. Travel - I think i need something that can either come with a case or fit in one. I would liek to take these to work and listen to them there as well as home.
4. Has to be closed back, I cant get open cans.
5. Can be ran great without an amp. I realy dont want to lug around another piece of equipment especially to and from work. Please i want it to sound great with no amp. Sure I know an amp will add to it but i dont want it to be a requirement.
6. Price no more than 250 but i may be able to swing 300, maybe its got to be worth it though.
Some headphones I am now looking at are
DT770 Pro 80ohms
Please help! :) Everyone has been extremely helpful in me finding out the best headphones I can get for my needs so far. Hopefully i will be happy with a pair.