- 13 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900LTDtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have narrowed down my search for a headphone to the SRH-840 and was not able to find any comparison reviews between the two. I am mostly using them for monitoring music production and listening, primarily to electronic music with strong bass. I want a new pair since I feel the A900 bass extension is not great, especially compared to my 280 Pros. Has anyone heard both of these headphones and can compare them?
The SRH840 is not an upgrade, more a side-grade with different signature.
That said, having strong bass on the headphone isn't something I would look for if you're doing production, since I assume you're producing with the intent to playback on speakers primarily; in which case, it will sound less bassy if you produce the content with bassy headphones, but then play it on speakers. Typically in production you'll want flat headphones without obviously very colored bass so that your end product doesn't sound thin and lifeless on speakers. In which case, what you have is already good for what you're doing.
However, if you really need a little more low end register to sort of give you an idea of what you're listening to, maybe look into something like the SRH840, Beyer DT770, Brainwavz HM5, T50RP (dampened), AKG K271 MKII, AudioTechnica A700X & A900X, etc.
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Meet - October 2014 - Impressions and Photos Thread 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD580/HD600 replacement driver (parts lists/costs) 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)