- 13 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900LTDtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
-- ******Spolier Alert!****** This is an awesome 2.1 System, you might as well just go buy them right now, no point in reading my review. But if you must insist in continuing to...
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Test Chain JRiver>Gungnir>Onix SP3>HE-500 (XLR to SE adapter) Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have narrowed down my search for a headphone to the SRH-840 and was not able to find any comparison reviews between the two. I am mostly using them for monitoring music production and listening, primarily to electronic music with strong bass. I want a new pair since I feel the A900 bass extension is not great, especially compared to my 280 Pros. Has anyone heard both of these headphones and can compare them?
The SRH840 is not an upgrade, more a side-grade with different signature.
That said, having strong bass on the headphone isn't something I would look for if you're doing production, since I assume you're producing with the intent to playback on speakers primarily; in which case, it will sound less bassy if you produce the content with bassy headphones, but then play it on speakers. Typically in production you'll want flat headphones without obviously very colored bass so that your end product doesn't sound thin and lifeless on speakers. In which case, what you have is already good for what you're doing.
However, if you really need a little more low end register to sort of give you an idea of what you're listening to, maybe look into something like the SRH840, Beyer DT770, Brainwavz HM5, T50RP (dampened), AKG K271 MKII, AudioTechnica A700X & A900X, etc.
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 48 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Is there a reshelling company that make UM CIEM into universal IEM? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2