Sony EX1000 :-) a dream of a Inear, best overall performance, getting better and better the longer you hear it. ( ... if wind effect not matters).
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/31/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need suggestion/buying guide for high-end universal IEM Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Time for something new, Senn or UE 900s Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Ferrari of IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have both a GR07 MkII and an FXZ-200. I've had about 200-300 hours of head time with the GR07 and maybe 100 now with the FXZ. To my ears the FXZ is well above the GR07 overall, though decidedly less neutral and of course more expensive. If either of these is a concern then the FXZ-100 should be the choice, no question. But based on what the OP said the 200 should be the one.
So the 100s are the more neutral of the two...if they are a bit warmer than the GR07s, then these would suit me just fine.
If you like bassy IEM, Phonak PFE232 and Earsonics SM3v2 and both excellent choice; However they're more Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.
When I mull about Ferrari, I somehow think of FitEar TG334 or Tralucent 1plus2. They're semi-custom with many hand-made components like a Ferrari.
You should also consider Etymotic ER-4P : The VW Golf of IEMs--Understated, long-running excellence.
Edited by Deadlovestory - 1/20/13 at 11:03am
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget.
Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)
The thing is, AKG reminds me more of Mercedes with their design schemes, especially with the K3k3. The color scheme, design and everything really reminds me of Mercedes :p
The Ferrari of IEMs
I think that would be a hand built IEM, built with passion, beauty,Iconic, and powerful
I have something like that in the Skunk Works department
Truer words have never been spoken. That is definitely true, the Ferrari of IEMs should be hand built, with passion, and beauty in mind; an icon at the end of the day. Heir does fit those qualities for sure.
We only trash BOSE to a certain extent and Beats by Dre. :p
So you are set on IEM? Or "normal sized" headphones are an option?
Ferrari IEMs: Red, expensive and must be finicky about the driver (get it? hahaha)
Edited by ev13wt - 1/22/13 at 1:42am
- Ferrari of IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 21 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Replacement pads for Audio Technica ath-m30x. BD edt-250V? 2 minutes ago
- › new to linux 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › AD900X VS Hyper x Clouds 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 5 minutes ago
- › portable IEM recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by UnnownPlan
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by conquerator2
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by conquerator2
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)