Sony EX1000 :-) a dream of a Inear, best overall performance, getting better and better the longer you hear it. ( ... if wind effect not matters).
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/31/12
- productHeir Audio 3.Aitagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need suggestion/buying guide for high-end universal IEM Last post on 11/19/12 at 10:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Time for something new, Senn or UE 900s Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
Ferrari of IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 381/20/13 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by bobeau
I have both a GR07 MkII and an FXZ-200. I've had about 200-300 hours of head time with the GR07 and maybe 100 now with the FXZ. To my ears the FXZ is well above the GR07 overall, though decidedly less neutral and of course more expensive. If either of these is a concern then the FXZ-100 should be the choice, no question. But based on what the OP said the 200 should be the one.
So the 100s are the more neutral of the two...if they are a bit warmer than the GR07s, then these would suit me just fine.post #33 of 381/20/13 at 8:33am
If you like bassy IEM, Phonak PFE232 and Earsonics SM3v2 and both excellent choice; However they're more Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.
When I mull about Ferrari, I somehow think of FitEar TG334 or Tralucent 1plus2. They're semi-custom with many hand-made components like a Ferrari.
You should also consider Etymotic ER-4P : The VW Golf of IEMs--Understated, long-running excellence.
Edited by Deadlovestory - 1/20/13 at 11:03ampost #34 of 381/20/13 at 10:35am
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget.
Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)post #35 of 381/20/13 at 10:51amQuote:
The thing is, AKG reminds me more of Mercedes with their design schemes, especially with the K3k3. The color scheme, design and everything really reminds me of Mercedes :ppost #36 of 381/21/13 at 9:22pm
The Ferrari of IEMs
I think that would be a hand built IEM, built with passion, beauty,Iconic, and powerful
I have something like that in the Skunk Works departmentpost #37 of 381/21/13 at 9:25pmQuote:
Truer words have never been spoken. That is definitely true, the Ferrari of IEMs should be hand built, with passion, and beauty in mind; an icon at the end of the day. Heir does fit those qualities for sure.post #38 of 381/22/13 at 1:41amQuote:
We only trash BOSE to a certain extent and Beats by Dre. :p
So you are set on IEM? Or "normal sized" headphones are an option?
Ferrari IEMs: Red, expensive and must be finicky about the driver (get it? hahaha)
Edited by ev13wt - 1/22/13 at 1:42amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ferrari of IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 23 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 27 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 59 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Portable Earphone / IEM Not Made in China Or Japan 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 1 minute ago
- › New member post 3 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe