Sony EX1000 :-) a dream of a Inear, best overall performance, getting better and better the longer you hear it. ( ... if wind effect not matters).
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/31/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need suggestion/buying guide for high-end universal IEM Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Time for something new, Senn or UE 900s Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Ferrari of IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have both a GR07 MkII and an FXZ-200. I've had about 200-300 hours of head time with the GR07 and maybe 100 now with the FXZ. To my ears the FXZ is well above the GR07 overall, though decidedly less neutral and of course more expensive. If either of these is a concern then the FXZ-100 should be the choice, no question. But based on what the OP said the 200 should be the one.
So the 100s are the more neutral of the two...if they are a bit warmer than the GR07s, then these would suit me just fine.
If you like bassy IEM, Phonak PFE232 and Earsonics SM3v2 and both excellent choice; However they're more Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.
When I mull about Ferrari, I somehow think of FitEar TG334 or Tralucent 1plus2. They're semi-custom with many hand-made components like a Ferrari.
You should also consider Etymotic ER-4P : The VW Golf of IEMs--Understated, long-running excellence.
Edited by Deadlovestory - 1/20/13 at 11:03am
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget.
Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)
The thing is, AKG reminds me more of Mercedes with their design schemes, especially with the K3k3. The color scheme, design and everything really reminds me of Mercedes :p
The Ferrari of IEMs
I think that would be a hand built IEM, built with passion, beauty,Iconic, and powerful
I have something like that in the Skunk Works department
Truer words have never been spoken. That is definitely true, the Ferrari of IEMs should be hand built, with passion, and beauty in mind; an icon at the end of the day. Heir does fit those qualities for sure.
We only trash BOSE to a certain extent and Beats by Dre. :p
So you are set on IEM? Or "normal sized" headphones are an option?
Ferrari IEMs: Red, expensive and must be finicky about the driver (get it? hahaha)
Edited by ev13wt - 1/22/13 at 1:42am
- Ferrari of IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! just now
- › Blue Circle Hat Peed Thingee 2 48 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 (Like New) 8 minutes ago
- › WTB: NOS WE421A, WE422A 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)