Sony EX1000 :-) a dream of a Inear, best overall performance, getting better and better the longer you hear it. ( ... if wind effect not matters).
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/31/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need suggestion/buying guide for high-end universal IEM Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Time for something new, Senn or UE 900s Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Ferrari of IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have both a GR07 MkII and an FXZ-200. I've had about 200-300 hours of head time with the GR07 and maybe 100 now with the FXZ. To my ears the FXZ is well above the GR07 overall, though decidedly less neutral and of course more expensive. If either of these is a concern then the FXZ-100 should be the choice, no question. But based on what the OP said the 200 should be the one.
So the 100s are the more neutral of the two...if they are a bit warmer than the GR07s, then these would suit me just fine.
If you like bassy IEM, Phonak PFE232 and Earsonics SM3v2 and both excellent choice; However they're more Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.
When I mull about Ferrari, I somehow think of FitEar TG334 or Tralucent 1plus2. They're semi-custom with many hand-made components like a Ferrari.
You should also consider Etymotic ER-4P : The VW Golf of IEMs--Understated, long-running excellence.
Edited by Deadlovestory - 1/20/13 at 11:03am
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget.
Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)
The thing is, AKG reminds me more of Mercedes with their design schemes, especially with the K3k3. The color scheme, design and everything really reminds me of Mercedes :p
The Ferrari of IEMs
I think that would be a hand built IEM, built with passion, beauty,Iconic, and powerful
I have something like that in the Skunk Works department
Truer words have never been spoken. That is definitely true, the Ferrari of IEMs should be hand built, with passion, and beauty in mind; an icon at the end of the day. Heir does fit those qualities for sure.
We only trash BOSE to a certain extent and Beats by Dre. :p
So you are set on IEM? Or "normal sized" headphones are an option?
Ferrari IEMs: Red, expensive and must be finicky about the driver (get it? hahaha)
Edited by ev13wt - 1/22/13 at 1:42am
- Ferrari of IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 31 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)