Sony EX1000 :-) a dream of a Inear, best overall performance, getting better and better the longer you hear it. ( ... if wind effect not matters).
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/31/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productJVC HA-FXZ200 In-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/31/12
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need suggestion/buying guide for high-end universal IEM Last post on 11/19/12 at 10:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Time for something new, Senn or UE 900s Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Ferrari of IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 381/20/13 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by bobeau
I have both a GR07 MkII and an FXZ-200. I've had about 200-300 hours of head time with the GR07 and maybe 100 now with the FXZ. To my ears the FXZ is well above the GR07 overall, though decidedly less neutral and of course more expensive. If either of these is a concern then the FXZ-100 should be the choice, no question. But based on what the OP said the 200 should be the one.
So the 100s are the more neutral of the two...if they are a bit warmer than the GR07s, then these would suit me just fine.post #33 of 381/20/13 at 8:33am
If you like bassy IEM, Phonak PFE232 and Earsonics SM3v2 and both excellent choice; However they're more Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.
When I mull about Ferrari, I somehow think of FitEar TG334 or Tralucent 1plus2. They're semi-custom with many hand-made components like a Ferrari.
You should also consider Etymotic ER-4P : The VW Golf of IEMs--Understated, long-running excellence.
Edited by Deadlovestory - 1/20/13 at 11:03ampost #34 of 381/20/13 at 10:35am
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget.
Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)post #35 of 381/20/13 at 10:51amQuote:
The thing is, AKG reminds me more of Mercedes with their design schemes, especially with the K3k3. The color scheme, design and everything really reminds me of Mercedes :ppost #36 of 381/21/13 at 9:22pm
The Ferrari of IEMs
I think that would be a hand built IEM, built with passion, beauty,Iconic, and powerful
I have something like that in the Skunk Works departmentpost #37 of 381/21/13 at 9:25pmQuote:
Truer words have never been spoken. That is definitely true, the Ferrari of IEMs should be hand built, with passion, and beauty in mind; an icon at the end of the day. Heir does fit those qualities for sure.post #38 of 381/22/13 at 1:41amQuote:
We only trash BOSE to a certain extent and Beats by Dre. :p
So you are set on IEM? Or "normal sized" headphones are an option?
Ferrari IEMs: Red, expensive and must be finicky about the driver (get it? hahaha)
Edited by ev13wt - 1/22/13 at 1:42amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ferrari of IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember (Garage1217) vs Schiit Lyr 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKP200iS - SonicSport In-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Platinum 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude