I know this has been asked alot but I need to know which amp I should get for them. Just running them strait out of my ipod makes them sound a little to dark and dull and boring. So it must be portable. I will spend up to $100
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 12/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for hd25-1II Last post on 9/19/12 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Solid state desktop amp recommendations for ATH-M50S Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?post #1 of 312/27/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/27/12 at 11:23ampost #3 of 312/27/12 at 12:22pmQuote:
An amp will just make them louder.
With your $100 budget, you could almost just get better headphones instead. You could sell the M50 and pool the budget and just get something more tuned to what you're looking for.
The M50 is very efficient and doesn't need an amplifier at all.
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3