I know this has been asked alot but I need to know which amp I should get for them. Just running them strait out of my ipod makes them sound a little to dark and dull and boring. So it must be portable. I will spend up to $100
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 12/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for hd25-1II Last post on 9/19/12 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Solid state desktop amp recommendations for ATH-M50S Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?post #1 of 312/27/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/27/12 at 11:23ampost #3 of 312/27/12 at 12:22pmQuote:
An amp will just make them louder.
With your $100 budget, you could almost just get better headphones instead. You could sell the M50 and pool the budget and just get something more tuned to what you're looking for.
The M50 is very efficient and doesn't need an amplifier at all.
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 9 seconds ago
- › Headphone amp to pair with the Sennheiser HD 600 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Question about downsampling audio files 3 minutes ago
- › HD650's going bad or just cable? 3 minutes ago
- › Best way to hook up computer to audio receiver? 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2