I know this has been asked alot but I need to know which amp I should get for them. Just running them strait out of my ipod makes them sound a little to dark and dull and boring. So it must be portable. I will spend up to $100
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for hd25-1II Last post on 9/19/12 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Solid state desktop amp recommendations for ATH-M50S Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?post #1 of 312/27/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/27/12 at 11:23ampost #3 of 312/27/12 at 12:22pmQuote:
An amp will just make them louder.
With your $100 budget, you could almost just get better headphones instead. You could sell the M50 and pool the budget and just get something more tuned to what you're looking for.
The M50 is very efficient and doesn't need an amplifier at all.
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › I have a rant (could be about anything) thread! 11 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 Review (caution: long read). 45 seconds ago
- › Placebo effect or legitimate explanation? 47 seconds ago
- › Is it possible to replicate 1000 dollar headphones with an app? 48 seconds ago
- › does anybody blog? 58 seconds ago
- › User comparisons of Beyer T1 vs Beyer T90 1 minute ago
- › Recommend For me a headphone amp please 5 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe