I know this has been asked alot but I need to know which amp I should get for them. Just running them strait out of my ipod makes them sound a little to dark and dull and boring. So it must be portable. I will spend up to $100
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/28/12
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 12/28/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/28/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 12/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for hd25-1II Last post on 9/19/12 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Solid state desktop amp recommendations for ATH-M50S Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?post #1 of 312/27/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/27/12 at 11:23ampost #3 of 312/27/12 at 12:22pmQuote:
An amp will just make them louder.
With your $100 budget, you could almost just get better headphones instead. You could sell the M50 and pool the budget and just get something more tuned to what you're looking for.
The M50 is very efficient and doesn't need an amplifier at all.
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › IEMs to shine with female vocals 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › <50$ IEM recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › How to have perfectly random playback on the Altmann Tera Player 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 8 minutes ago
- › Some questions about the LCD-2 (Revision 2) 10 minutes ago
- › Music > Gaming > Movie All-round Cans 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 11 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi