I'm on the market for a headphone amp for my HD800 (using the Invicta DAC.) And I'm having a hard time choosing between the DNA Stratus and the EC Super 7 (S7) . Let's assume that they both use their stock tubes.
1) Which one has a larger soundstage?
2) Which one has a deeper soundstage?
3) Which one has better instrument separation and more precise imaging.
4) Which one sounds warmer? Which one sounds smoother?
4) Which one is more detailed and transparent?
5) Which one has better bass? (I am under the impression that S7 has tigher bass while Stratus' bass might be a bit muddy. Am I correct?)
Look forward to thoughts/opinions!
Edited by econparanoia - 12/28/12 at 8:48am