- 1,817 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought Audio technica AD700, however..... Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
honestly for under 120 of the headphones i have, only the sony xb500's dont seem to interfere with comfort nor seal while im wearing glasses, the xb1000's are the most comfortable pair i own with glasses while also providing excellent sound quality & seal but they're over the 120 price u set so i suggest looking into the xb700 (which i never heard but i hear arent too far removed from the xb1000's soundwise)
the ath pro700mk2's are also crazy comfortable with glasses but only with beyerdynamic gel pads. you can get the pro700's used at that price if you look around but the earpads themselves are $40 so that puts it above budget
The 518's just came in and I'm wearing them now. They're quite different from anything I've worn in the past. One headset would be very reliant on gravity and weighing itself down to hold it on, while others are more pinch to the sides of your head. This one seems to be a good combination of both actually. Now nothing about this headset is broken in so I'll have to revisit a week or so from now, but so far the headband does feel a bit stiff as do the ear cups, but it's nothing that is going to make me like them any less. Sound stage is wonderful for music so far and the immediate comfort with glasses, not prolonged as I've been wearing them only for the last 20 minutes, is relatively good. I expect that they will get better once everything is broken in, but even now, I'm very pleased :) Thanks for all of the recommendations!
well lol its in my sig too. the valours on these have become so soft that they are softer than the new HD598 pads (and the HD558 pads were significantly firmer than the HD598 at purchase. so believe the HD518 pads should soften quite a lot too) but regardless they all should be very comfortable after some use
well you can exchange them, but only if you don't find them comfortable for a while then you should change them.
(though they are so huge its pretty unlikely that they have to be as hard as stone to be uncomfortable)
i thought the HD518 used velour maybe you could ask sennheiser to order HD558 earpads?
also maybe you can try washing the earpads, i know the scratchyness of my grado earpads (they are famous for being scratchy) became softer over time and over a wash or 2
im not sure, the only part i'm sure is that the earpads on the HD518 is harder since its cheaper than its bigger brothers. i'm not sure if they are the same material (i assumed they are)
- Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 11 seconds ago
- › $130 AMP in Canada for DT990's? 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Recommended desktop DAC and amp (or whether I need them at all) 5 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Did Headphone Bar just scam me? 8 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3