- 1,817 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought Audio technica AD700, however..... Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
honestly for under 120 of the headphones i have, only the sony xb500's dont seem to interfere with comfort nor seal while im wearing glasses, the xb1000's are the most comfortable pair i own with glasses while also providing excellent sound quality & seal but they're over the 120 price u set so i suggest looking into the xb700 (which i never heard but i hear arent too far removed from the xb1000's soundwise)
the ath pro700mk2's are also crazy comfortable with glasses but only with beyerdynamic gel pads. you can get the pro700's used at that price if you look around but the earpads themselves are $40 so that puts it above budget
The 518's just came in and I'm wearing them now. They're quite different from anything I've worn in the past. One headset would be very reliant on gravity and weighing itself down to hold it on, while others are more pinch to the sides of your head. This one seems to be a good combination of both actually. Now nothing about this headset is broken in so I'll have to revisit a week or so from now, but so far the headband does feel a bit stiff as do the ear cups, but it's nothing that is going to make me like them any less. Sound stage is wonderful for music so far and the immediate comfort with glasses, not prolonged as I've been wearing them only for the last 20 minutes, is relatively good. I expect that they will get better once everything is broken in, but even now, I'm very pleased :) Thanks for all of the recommendations!
well lol its in my sig too. the valours on these have become so soft that they are softer than the new HD598 pads (and the HD558 pads were significantly firmer than the HD598 at purchase. so believe the HD518 pads should soften quite a lot too) but regardless they all should be very comfortable after some use
well you can exchange them, but only if you don't find them comfortable for a while then you should change them.
(though they are so huge its pretty unlikely that they have to be as hard as stone to be uncomfortable)
i thought the HD518 used velour maybe you could ask sennheiser to order HD558 earpads?
also maybe you can try washing the earpads, i know the scratchyness of my grado earpads (they are famous for being scratchy) became softer over time and over a wash or 2
im not sure, the only part i'm sure is that the earpads on the HD518 is harder since its cheaper than its bigger brothers. i'm not sure if they are the same material (i assumed they are)
- Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Gungnir USB2.0 19 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 25 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 32 seconds ago
- › FS Mint AKG K3003i with Warranty 50 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › Eastern Electric MiniMax PLUS 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2