- 1,815 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought Audio technica AD700, however..... Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
honestly for under 120 of the headphones i have, only the sony xb500's dont seem to interfere with comfort nor seal while im wearing glasses, the xb1000's are the most comfortable pair i own with glasses while also providing excellent sound quality & seal but they're over the 120 price u set so i suggest looking into the xb700 (which i never heard but i hear arent too far removed from the xb1000's soundwise)
the ath pro700mk2's are also crazy comfortable with glasses but only with beyerdynamic gel pads. you can get the pro700's used at that price if you look around but the earpads themselves are $40 so that puts it above budget
The 518's just came in and I'm wearing them now. They're quite different from anything I've worn in the past. One headset would be very reliant on gravity and weighing itself down to hold it on, while others are more pinch to the sides of your head. This one seems to be a good combination of both actually. Now nothing about this headset is broken in so I'll have to revisit a week or so from now, but so far the headband does feel a bit stiff as do the ear cups, but it's nothing that is going to make me like them any less. Sound stage is wonderful for music so far and the immediate comfort with glasses, not prolonged as I've been wearing them only for the last 20 minutes, is relatively good. I expect that they will get better once everything is broken in, but even now, I'm very pleased :) Thanks for all of the recommendations!
well lol its in my sig too. the valours on these have become so soft that they are softer than the new HD598 pads (and the HD558 pads were significantly firmer than the HD598 at purchase. so believe the HD518 pads should soften quite a lot too) but regardless they all should be very comfortable after some use
well you can exchange them, but only if you don't find them comfortable for a while then you should change them.
(though they are so huge its pretty unlikely that they have to be as hard as stone to be uncomfortable)
i thought the HD518 used velour maybe you could ask sennheiser to order HD558 earpads?
also maybe you can try washing the earpads, i know the scratchyness of my grado earpads (they are famous for being scratchy) became softer over time and over a wash or 2
im not sure, the only part i'm sure is that the earpads on the HD518 is harder since its cheaper than its bigger brothers. i'm not sure if they are the same material (i assumed they are)
- Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 27 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 2 minutes ago
- › How do i increase sound quality on my pc? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony D-25 Refurbishment with Service Manual! 3 minutes ago
- › Good AMP for Fiio X1 4 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3