So I lurked around here for a while through a couple of threads where the OP was a glasses wearer and their concern was comfort, though, the question was never quite answered from a glasses wearer. Through my research I've narrowed it down to Grado SR80i's and AT AD700's. Look makes no difference (hence the AD700's hehe) I just want something that I can wear for hours with no pain. Currently, I don't have any audiophile grade headphones, nor have I ever owned any. I have Astro A40's (blown left cup) which I replaced with Steelseries Siberia V2's (needed a quick swap, free 1 day shipping) The Astros hurt the top of my head after 2 - 3 hours. This had nothing due to the glasses factor, and I truly do miss them. The siberias however are god awful when it comes to the glasses. They sound great (to my standards), but after only 45 minutes to an hour, my ears begin to have sharp pain and I have to take the headset off for 10 minutes or so to let them rest. Really, all I'm asking is for honest input from glasses wearers towards a great headset which is comfortable, and has great sound quality, for under $130 or so. Thanks in advance for all of the help, I can't wait to join own my first decent pair of headphones.
Related Forum Threads
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought Audio technica AD700, however..... Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As a glasses wearer myself, I've had little luck with any of the pairs I own. Forget about any closed pairs because they rely on creating a seal by hugging your head. My Sennheiser 598s are alright for a few hours, but start to get annoying while wearing glasses after that. Luckily for me I'm nearsighted so I don't often wear glasses while I'm listening to music at the computer, which is most of the time. The 598s are wonderfully comfortable without glasses. Anyway, I have been using my IEMs whenever I'm wearing my glasses. Even over-ear IEMs work well with my relatively thick frames when I put the IEMs in first. For max comfort, I'd recommend an in-ear monitor.
Edited by TK277 - 12/27/12 at 9:01am
I didn't quite mind over ears with glasses, and the on/over ears I have, the siberias, are really comfortable when I'm not wearing glasses. Unfortunately I'm far sighted so not wearing glasses is not an option.
i have the HD558 and i use it all time with my glasses, it works just fine for me. i have an allesandro (subbranch of grado) and i feel that if at stock the headband can squeeze a bit tight but after i bend it to be looser it's perfectly fine. (though the senns are still more comfortable to a degree)
lastly i believe the senns have a kind of memory foam, so they won't exert any extra pressure on your glases.
one note however, the SR80i and the HD518 are pretty much polar opposites in sound signature, the senns being relaxed and laidback while (generally more bass than treble) and the grados being more energetic and engaging (somewhat more treble than bass)
I can't comment on the Grado or AT pair you mentioned, but I wear glasses and the only pair of headphoess that I've worn, for any substantial amount of time, that I felt was comfortable while wearing glasses is the Sennheiser HD650. They are incredibly comfortable. I can wear them for hours at a time with glasses and have no issues/discomfort whatsoever.
though that doesn't apply to some of the lower end models (yes HD205, i'm looking from you...)
- Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LMUE Alpha & Delta AD01 U.S. & Canada Review Tour 13 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 58 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for decent dap mostly for in car playing 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM3 or Shure SRH1540 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 3 minutes ago
- › vinyl rip vs cd 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3