So I lurked around here for a while through a couple of threads where the OP was a glasses wearer and their concern was comfort, though, the question was never quite answered from a glasses wearer. Through my research I've narrowed it down to Grado SR80i's and AT AD700's. Look makes no difference (hence the AD700's hehe) I just want something that I can wear for hours with no pain. Currently, I don't have any audiophile grade headphones, nor have I ever owned any. I have Astro A40's (blown left cup) which I replaced with Steelseries Siberia V2's (needed a quick swap, free 1 day shipping) The Astros hurt the top of my head after 2 - 3 hours. This had nothing due to the glasses factor, and I truly do miss them. The siberias however are god awful when it comes to the glasses. They sound great (to my standards), but after only 45 minutes to an hour, my ears begin to have sharp pain and I have to take the headset off for 10 minutes or so to let them rest. Really, all I'm asking is for honest input from glasses wearers towards a great headset which is comfortable, and has great sound quality, for under $130 or so. Thanks in advance for all of the help, I can't wait to join own my first decent pair of headphones.
Related Forum Threads
- Have a neck issue. Need a light weight open can. Last post on 12/14/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought Audio technica AD700, however..... Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
- Best Open Over-Ear Headphones Under $300? Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker's only guy looking for help on a first balanced can Last post on 1/17/13 at 12:08am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)post #1 of 2812/26/12 at 10:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2812/27/12 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #3 of 2812/27/12 at 8:16ampost #4 of 2812/27/12 at 9:00am
As a glasses wearer myself, I've had little luck with any of the pairs I own. Forget about any closed pairs because they rely on creating a seal by hugging your head. My Sennheiser 598s are alright for a few hours, but start to get annoying while wearing glasses after that. Luckily for me I'm nearsighted so I don't often wear glasses while I'm listening to music at the computer, which is most of the time. The 598s are wonderfully comfortable without glasses. Anyway, I have been using my IEMs whenever I'm wearing my glasses. Even over-ear IEMs work well with my relatively thick frames when I put the IEMs in first. For max comfort, I'd recommend an in-ear monitor.
Edited by TK277 - 12/27/12 at 9:01ampost #5 of 2812/27/12 at 9:13amThread Starter
I didn't quite mind over ears with glasses, and the on/over ears I have, the siberias, are really comfortable when I'm not wearing glasses. Unfortunately I'm far sighted so not wearing glasses is not an option.post #6 of 2812/27/12 at 9:38ampost #7 of 2812/27/12 at 5:44pmThread Starterpost #8 of 2812/27/12 at 5:53pm
i have the HD558 and i use it all time with my glasses, it works just fine for me. i have an allesandro (subbranch of grado) and i feel that if at stock the headband can squeeze a bit tight but after i bend it to be looser it's perfectly fine. (though the senns are still more comfortable to a degree)
lastly i believe the senns have a kind of memory foam, so they won't exert any extra pressure on your glases.
one note however, the SR80i and the HD518 are pretty much polar opposites in sound signature, the senns being relaxed and laidback while (generally more bass than treble) and the grados being more energetic and engaging (somewhat more treble than bass)post #9 of 2812/27/12 at 5:53pm
I can't comment on the Grado or AT pair you mentioned, but I wear glasses and the only pair of headphoess that I've worn, for any substantial amount of time, that I felt was comfortable while wearing glasses is the Sennheiser HD650. They are incredibly comfortable. I can wear them for hours at a time with glasses and have no issues/discomfort whatsoever.post #10 of 2812/27/12 at 6:11pmpost #11 of 2812/27/12 at 6:39pmQuote:
though that doesn't apply to some of the lower end models (yes HD205, i'm looking from you...)post #12 of 2812/27/12 at 6:46pmpost #13 of 2812/27/12 at 9:31pmBeyers are good with glasses. The Grados didn't bother me at all either, and I have a big head. They were some of the more comfortable headphones I've owned. They don't clamp very hard at all. I've never tried those ATs, but if their design is anything like the M50s, it will be misery with glasses!post #14 of 2812/27/12 at 9:33pmThread Starterpost #15 of 2812/27/12 at 9:39pm
- Best headphones for comfort and quality (Glasses wearer)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › New Hifiman HM-802 DAP Announced 5 minutes ago
- › FS/T: [FINAL PRICE DROP] Audio Technica ATH-CK100PRO (New) / or... 8 minutes ago
- › Newbie - Need Help With Single Portable DAC/AMP Device for Multiple... 9 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 11 minutes ago
- › Triple Threat Computer Speakers 11 minutes ago
- › [Multi-Review] Hifiman HM901, Fiio X5, Sony ZX1, Hisound Studio 3rd... 13 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude