I have come across a strange and annoying problem. After what seems like overnight, the bass response of my HD 558 has significantly decreased. Being new headphones (bought in October) I'm not sure whether this is 'burn-in' or what not. Its really bugging me as one day the bass response was tight, punchy and clear, then the next muddy and recessed. Could anyone help explain why this might be? Worn out drivers or something? To clarify the mids and treble are all acting fine. Any help appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- HD558's have a small soundstage? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennhesier HD 558 Volume Issues? Last post on 11/20/14 at 4:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a replacement for HD555 Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AMP/DAC combo or soundcard? Last post on 10/31/14 at 2:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Gaming headset choice Last post on 10/23/14 at 1:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does this happen with any other headphone? Are you using an amp? My first thought is damage of some sort on your source.
I normally plug my 558s into a Cmoybb v2.03. However, I have tried plugging them into multiple HT recievers and portable devices with similar results. I also believe it is to do with the cable on the cup's end, as I have tripped on it a few times.
i think its the cable that's given way... you may want to consider purchasing another wire
there is a hitch though.... HD558 cables can be fairly hard to find, but if you do find one then great then
i'm not sure, you could maybe try and ask them if it's under warrenty
- Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 10 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile Over-Ear Closed-Back Headphones <$700 Recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears A12 & A10 - ADEL Equipped 12BA & 10BA Driver Custom -... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)