I have come across a strange and annoying problem. After what seems like overnight, the bass response of my HD 558 has significantly decreased. Being new headphones (bought in October) I'm not sure whether this is 'burn-in' or what not. Its really bugging me as one day the bass response was tight, punchy and clear, then the next muddy and recessed. Could anyone help explain why this might be? Worn out drivers or something? To clarify the mids and treble are all acting fine. Any help appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does this happen with any other headphone? Are you using an amp? My first thought is damage of some sort on your source.
I normally plug my 558s into a Cmoybb v2.03. However, I have tried plugging them into multiple HT recievers and portable devices with similar results. I also believe it is to do with the cable on the cup's end, as I have tripped on it a few times.
i think its the cable that's given way... you may want to consider purchasing another wire
there is a hitch though.... HD558 cables can be fairly hard to find, but if you do find one then great then
i'm not sure, you could maybe try and ask them if it's under warrenty
- Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 37 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Only getting sound and very high volumes, question 1 minute ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 1 minute ago
- › Question on if I need an amp or soundcard 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from Creative Aurvana Live? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II Review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2