I have come across a strange and annoying problem. After what seems like overnight, the bass response of my HD 558 has significantly decreased. Being new headphones (bought in October) I'm not sure whether this is 'burn-in' or what not. Its really bugging me as one day the bass response was tight, punchy and clear, then the next muddy and recessed. Could anyone help explain why this might be? Worn out drivers or something? To clarify the mids and treble are all acting fine. Any help appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does every company have their particular sound? Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Finally getting real stuff Last post on 10/5/14 at 2:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 for my HD558 Last post on 10/1/14 at 12:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD558- Frequency V/S Imedance Curve Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Plantronics BackBeat Pro Last post on 9/28/14 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does this happen with any other headphone? Are you using an amp? My first thought is damage of some sort on your source.
I normally plug my 558s into a Cmoybb v2.03. However, I have tried plugging them into multiple HT recievers and portable devices with similar results. I also believe it is to do with the cable on the cup's end, as I have tripped on it a few times.
i think its the cable that's given way... you may want to consider purchasing another wire
there is a hitch though.... HD558 cables can be fairly hard to find, but if you do find one then great then
i'm not sure, you could maybe try and ask them if it's under warrenty
- Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 42 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 43 seconds ago
- › When can I create threads in other forum categories? 59 seconds ago
- › Durable IEM upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3