I have come across a strange and annoying problem. After what seems like overnight, the bass response of my HD 558 has significantly decreased. Being new headphones (bought in October) I'm not sure whether this is 'burn-in' or what not. Its really bugging me as one day the bass response was tight, punchy and clear, then the next muddy and recessed. Could anyone help explain why this might be? Worn out drivers or something? To clarify the mids and treble are all acting fine. Any help appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does this happen with any other headphone? Are you using an amp? My first thought is damage of some sort on your source.
I normally plug my 558s into a Cmoybb v2.03. However, I have tried plugging them into multiple HT recievers and portable devices with similar results. I also believe it is to do with the cable on the cup's end, as I have tripped on it a few times.
i think its the cable that's given way... you may want to consider purchasing another wire
there is a hitch though.... HD558 cables can be fairly hard to find, but if you do find one then great then
i'm not sure, you could maybe try and ask them if it's under warrenty
- Senn HD 558 seemingly lost all bass overnight?
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 seconds ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 22 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica Gumetal MSR7 & Optional Bonus HM5 Pads 55 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 56 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 1 minute ago
- › FS/FT: 1,000+ CDs & 50+ DVDs 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Decent portable headphones 2 minutes ago
- › E10k or e11k 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2