I want a headphones thats really good with rock. With $150 price range. I have the M50's now but i think they sound pretty awful with rock and the vocals are weak. So something with good seperation and quality guitars and nice vocals. I hear the Grado sr80i,but at $100 I don't really want to be downgrading sound quality
Related Forum Threads
- Totally new to this world, looking for some advice. Last post on 1/9/14 at 5:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Headphone noob looking for headphones Last post on 11/30/12 at 2:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I say go with the Grado SR-60i if you can stand the pads. Personally I cannot use a Grado with either the bowl or comfy pads. They are much too uncomfortable.
The SR-60i up to the RS-1i sound almost identical. You can research this yourself and look at the charts listed in the link below. The SR-60i will sound almost identical to the SR-80/125/225/325/RS-1i. The primary difference is sound between those listed is from the pads be it bowl or comfy.
I worked with a guy who primarily listened to hard rock and metal and he really enjoyed the SR-80i.
I think the SR-60i can be found for $90 or less new.
At the price, they have very good instrument separation, and Grados are notorious for their awesome reproduction of guitars. Drums sound great on them too.
I definitely recommend Grado SR60i or SR80i for rock and metal. I primarily listen to those genres, and Grados are my favorite headphones for those genres. SR80i has slightly more bass, otherwise they sound nearly identical. Down the road you can buy the L-Cush pads with whichever pair you get, it will give the sound more clarity.
I doubt you'd be disappointed with Grados, as long as you don't mind the comfort! Just bend the headband to alleviate clamping force and the comfort is manageable!
The guitars and drums just attack like I've never heard before they stand out incredibly, you will actually hear the drum sticks hitting the skins of the drums and fingers slide across strings with great upfront vocals and nice tight bass, but they are not bass heavy at all they are just right, you hear all of the music in great clarity and detail. The seperation is very good you can pick out any instument you would like to focus on with no problem. As far as you saying you dont want to down grade because they are only 100$ and your other phones may have been more dosn't mean a thing, forget about the price tag, if they were more they would still be worth every penny, at 100$ they are a total steal imo.
Yes they will sound just fine out of your ipod, they are terminated with a 1/8 connector, and also come with a 1/4 adapter in the box. I own a pair of MS2i's and I am still going to purchase a pair of SR80i's again, to me they are that amazing, especialy for the price!
Edited by joseph69 - 12/26/12 at 8:35pm
- Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 40 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 58 seconds ago
- › Question about self-titled The Doors album on HDTracks 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2