I want a headphones thats really good with rock. With $150 price range. I have the M50's now but i think they sound pretty awful with rock and the vocals are weak. So something with good seperation and quality guitars and nice vocals. I hear the Grado sr80i,but at $100 I don't really want to be downgrading sound quality
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone noob looking for headphones Last post on 11/30/12 at 2:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- pairing ATH-M50 for home and portable use. Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Grados if You Need to Toss Them Into a Backpack? Last post on 8/31/11 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?post #1 of 1112/26/12 at 2:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1112/26/12 at 3:39pm
I say go with the Grado SR-60i if you can stand the pads. Personally I cannot use a Grado with either the bowl or comfy pads. They are much too uncomfortable.
The SR-60i up to the RS-1i sound almost identical. You can research this yourself and look at the charts listed in the link below. The SR-60i will sound almost identical to the SR-80/125/225/325/RS-1i. The primary difference is sound between those listed is from the pads be it bowl or comfy.
I worked with a guy who primarily listened to hard rock and metal and he really enjoyed the SR-80i.
I think the SR-60i can be found for $90 or less new.post #3 of 1112/26/12 at 3:44pmpost #4 of 1112/26/12 at 3:52pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1112/26/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
At the price, they have very good instrument separation, and Grados are notorious for their awesome reproduction of guitars. Drums sound great on them too.
I definitely recommend Grado SR60i or SR80i for rock and metal. I primarily listen to those genres, and Grados are my favorite headphones for those genres. SR80i has slightly more bass, otherwise they sound nearly identical. Down the road you can buy the L-Cush pads with whichever pair you get, it will give the sound more clarity.
I doubt you'd be disappointed with Grados, as long as you don't mind the comfort! Just bend the headband to alleviate clamping force and the comfort is manageable!post #6 of 1112/26/12 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by willitblen
The guitars and drums just attack like I've never heard before they stand out incredibly, you will actually hear the drum sticks hitting the skins of the drums and fingers slide across strings with great upfront vocals and nice tight bass, but they are not bass heavy at all they are just right, you hear all of the music in great clarity and detail. The seperation is very good you can pick out any instument you would like to focus on with no problem. As far as you saying you dont want to down grade because they are only 100$ and your other phones may have been more dosn't mean a thing, forget about the price tag, if they were more they would still be worth every penny, at 100$ they are a total steal imo.post #7 of 1112/26/12 at 6:04pmpost #8 of 1112/26/12 at 7:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1112/26/12 at 8:32pm
Yes they will sound just fine out of your ipod, they are terminated with a 1/8 connector, and also come with a 1/4 adapter in the box. I own a pair of MS2i's and I am still going to purchase a pair of SR80i's again, to me they are that amazing, especialy for the price!
Edited by joseph69 - 12/26/12 at 8:35pmpost #10 of 1112/26/12 at 8:37pmThread Starter
- Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 41 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 45 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Operation: Sell ALL the headphones, John. (Signet TK33, Pioneer... 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Why would I need a DAC? 5 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital