I want a headphones thats really good with rock. With $150 price range. I have the M50's now but i think they sound pretty awful with rock and the vocals are weak. So something with good seperation and quality guitars and nice vocals. I hear the Grado sr80i,but at $100 I don't really want to be downgrading sound quality
Related Forum Threads
- Totally new to this world, looking for some advice. Last post on 1/9/14 at 5:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone noob looking for headphones Last post on 11/30/12 at 2:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- pairing ATH-M50 for home and portable use. Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?post #1 of 1112/26/12 at 2:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1112/26/12 at 3:39pm
I say go with the Grado SR-60i if you can stand the pads. Personally I cannot use a Grado with either the bowl or comfy pads. They are much too uncomfortable.
The SR-60i up to the RS-1i sound almost identical. You can research this yourself and look at the charts listed in the link below. The SR-60i will sound almost identical to the SR-80/125/225/325/RS-1i. The primary difference is sound between those listed is from the pads be it bowl or comfy.
I worked with a guy who primarily listened to hard rock and metal and he really enjoyed the SR-80i.
I think the SR-60i can be found for $90 or less new.post #3 of 1112/26/12 at 3:44pmpost #4 of 1112/26/12 at 3:52pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1112/26/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
At the price, they have very good instrument separation, and Grados are notorious for their awesome reproduction of guitars. Drums sound great on them too.
I definitely recommend Grado SR60i or SR80i for rock and metal. I primarily listen to those genres, and Grados are my favorite headphones for those genres. SR80i has slightly more bass, otherwise they sound nearly identical. Down the road you can buy the L-Cush pads with whichever pair you get, it will give the sound more clarity.
I doubt you'd be disappointed with Grados, as long as you don't mind the comfort! Just bend the headband to alleviate clamping force and the comfort is manageable!post #6 of 1112/26/12 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by willitblen
The guitars and drums just attack like I've never heard before they stand out incredibly, you will actually hear the drum sticks hitting the skins of the drums and fingers slide across strings with great upfront vocals and nice tight bass, but they are not bass heavy at all they are just right, you hear all of the music in great clarity and detail. The seperation is very good you can pick out any instument you would like to focus on with no problem. As far as you saying you dont want to down grade because they are only 100$ and your other phones may have been more dosn't mean a thing, forget about the price tag, if they were more they would still be worth every penny, at 100$ they are a total steal imo.post #7 of 1112/26/12 at 6:04pmpost #8 of 1112/26/12 at 7:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1112/26/12 at 8:32pm
Yes they will sound just fine out of your ipod, they are terminated with a 1/8 connector, and also come with a 1/4 adapter in the box. I own a pair of MS2i's and I am still going to purchase a pair of SR80i's again, to me they are that amazing, especialy for the price!
Edited by joseph69 - 12/26/12 at 8:35pmpost #10 of 1112/26/12 at 8:37pmThread Starter
- Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 42 seconds ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Fun, forgiving headphones 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 5 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob