I want a headphones thats really good with rock. With $150 price range. I have the M50's now but i think they sound pretty awful with rock and the vocals are weak. So something with good seperation and quality guitars and nice vocals. I hear the Grado sr80i,but at $100 I don't really want to be downgrading sound quality
Related Forum Threads
- Totally new to this world, looking for some advice. Last post on 1/9/14 at 5:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Headphone noob looking for headphones Last post on 11/30/12 at 2:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I say go with the Grado SR-60i if you can stand the pads. Personally I cannot use a Grado with either the bowl or comfy pads. They are much too uncomfortable.
The SR-60i up to the RS-1i sound almost identical. You can research this yourself and look at the charts listed in the link below. The SR-60i will sound almost identical to the SR-80/125/225/325/RS-1i. The primary difference is sound between those listed is from the pads be it bowl or comfy.
I worked with a guy who primarily listened to hard rock and metal and he really enjoyed the SR-80i.
I think the SR-60i can be found for $90 or less new.
At the price, they have very good instrument separation, and Grados are notorious for their awesome reproduction of guitars. Drums sound great on them too.
I definitely recommend Grado SR60i or SR80i for rock and metal. I primarily listen to those genres, and Grados are my favorite headphones for those genres. SR80i has slightly more bass, otherwise they sound nearly identical. Down the road you can buy the L-Cush pads with whichever pair you get, it will give the sound more clarity.
I doubt you'd be disappointed with Grados, as long as you don't mind the comfort! Just bend the headband to alleviate clamping force and the comfort is manageable!
The guitars and drums just attack like I've never heard before they stand out incredibly, you will actually hear the drum sticks hitting the skins of the drums and fingers slide across strings with great upfront vocals and nice tight bass, but they are not bass heavy at all they are just right, you hear all of the music in great clarity and detail. The seperation is very good you can pick out any instument you would like to focus on with no problem. As far as you saying you dont want to down grade because they are only 100$ and your other phones may have been more dosn't mean a thing, forget about the price tag, if they were more they would still be worth every penny, at 100$ they are a total steal imo.
Yes they will sound just fine out of your ipod, they are terminated with a 1/8 connector, and also come with a 1/4 adapter in the box. I own a pair of MS2i's and I am still going to purchase a pair of SR80i's again, to me they are that amazing, especialy for the price!
Edited by joseph69 - 12/26/12 at 8:35pm
- Best headphones for Rock/Heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tips for choosing a headphone. 2 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 2 minutes ago
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 4 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 5 minutes ago
- › Band setting jh13 vs jh16 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 10 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2