I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles! As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.) I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD428 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M30 vs Sony MDR-XB600 Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Quality For Absolute Lowest Price Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming
Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.
- Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 10 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Ditch the Essence STX and get a Xonar DG? 29 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 39 seconds ago
- › Looking for decent dap mostly for in car playing 40 seconds ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 44 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 & Schiit Asgard2 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3