I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles! As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.) I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD428 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M30 vs Sony MDR-XB600 Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Quality For Absolute Lowest Price Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming
Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.
- Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › DAT player/recorder as source? 8 minutes ago
- › Pink Floyd: The Endless River 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)