I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles! As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.) I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD428 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M30 vs Sony MDR-XB600 Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Quality For Absolute Lowest Price Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming
Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.
- Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 51 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla (Astell & Kern) 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 14 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2