I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles! As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.) I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD428 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M30 vs Sony MDR-XB600 Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Quality For Absolute Lowest Price Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming
Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.
- Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › What Live concerts have you attended? 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410 7 minutes ago
- › IEM custom/universal recommendation 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in the subgenre of Shoegaze? 11 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 14 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 14 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 15 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 16 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3