I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles! As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.) I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD428 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M30 vs Sony MDR-XB600 Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Quality For Absolute Lowest Price Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming
Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.
- Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 3 minutes ago
- › NFB-11 issues? Or am I using it wrong? 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony CKL-NWZX2 Black Leather Flip Case for ZX2 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2