I just got a pair of HD650's for Christmas and love them when I am listening through our system, however much less impressed when listening through an iPod or my laptop. I am looking for a good portable amp on them, for under 150 (I would hope anyway) Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- iMac > ????? > HD 650 Last post on 11/9/12 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a good set and amp (newbie to this world) Last post on 3/27/13 at 4:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- E7 + E9 or other? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Need Amp Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The fiio e9k would be an option for your laptop use. You could try the fiio e11 for your ipod. Not sure if they would be a good fit though as I have read the 650's don't play well with some audio equipment.
Here's a thread with a similar discussion: http://www.head-fi.org/t/628846/fiio-e17-to-drive-sennheiser-hd650
Hope this helps.
Or if you want a nice all in one, you could try the fiio e7. I think it's very close to the point of diminishing returns and probably indistinguishable from something like the O2+ODAC, but I'm not certain of that. Haven't heard it myself.
Those are the two things I'd look at myself, e7 or O2+ODAC.
Hey, it's really cool that you post this in every thread with the name Fiio in it.
Seems silly to call Fiio "Chinese crud", based on the fact the products they release get almost universal praise.
I have a similar question. I would like to improve the sound of the ipod. I will get the rockbox and a dac+amp.
First - can we bypass the ipod's dac?
Second - can a portable amp like fiio be used with the ipod, on the laptop and finally as a dac connected to a desktop amp?
The only portable dac that i know to date that can bypasses idevices are Centrance M8, Fostex hpp1, NuFore iDo and CLAS (dac only - need external amps).
Yes, Fiio can be used with the ipod but it will not bypass the ipod internal DAC. Some Fiio products it has DAC function (such as Fiio E17) but only be paired with laptop/pc (not ipod).
I hope this help :)
One approach is to invest in a portable amp and a LOD cable.
The LOD bypasses the iPod's amplifier circuit (but not its DAC),
giving you a more clarity. That's how I do my portable setup
and really quite enjoy it.
I'm sure a combined DAC/AMP unit would be nice and I
may go that way in time. But to start I wanted to put as
much into the amp as I could. Just a thought.
- Need Amp Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 41 seconds ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP Cozoy Astrapi computer issues 7 minutes ago
- › Question about playing particular song 8 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam 9 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 11 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2