How does everyone remove theirs? I am getting a pair of W3's to replace my old W2's who had a snapped nozzle (because of my rough hands). Are there any good tips on how to remove them?
- productShure PA910M Replacement Black Foam Sleeves (Medium) for Shure SE210, SE310, SE420, SE530 and SE530PTH Earphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphone amp for Shure SE535-CL Last post on 3/1/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best earphones with removable cable? Last post on 9/24/13 at 1:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM that sounds closest to hd-25 ?? Last post on 10/10/13 at 11:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$400 iem (pfe112 upgrade) Last post on 2/3/14 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Shure olives removal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Did you snap your w2 nozzles while trying to remove the shure olives? On my W4's, I had an issue with one pair getting stuck, which i ended up using a knife to carefully cut them off. From then on, I just didn't push the olives all the way to the bottom of the tube. There's still 1-2mm between the IEM and the olives so you can see the stalk a little bit. They've never fallen off, and I've taken them off and put them back on several times with no issues.
When you first get Shure SE535's, I had a bit of trouble removing the tips, and I recall reading that some people said to put the IEM's in the freezer and it'll make it easier to remove the tips. I was uncomfortable doing this myself, so I didn't, but it might be worth looking into.... although I feel my method works the best. I get a deeper insertion with my way, which I like.
Yeah, do a quick search on head-fi for se535 tip removal. Or maybe go into a SE535 appreciation thread and search the thread for "freezer" and I'm sure something will pop up.
Twisting is the wrong way. You are using a lot more force than you think and are less aware of lateral pressure. Easiest way (if stuck) to snap or tear off a nozzle. Freezer of lift gently from the back of the inner sleave, working your way around.
Are you trying to remove the olives from a pair of Shures, or from a pair of W3's?
If you are trying to remove them from Shures, I've always found that twisting them slightly to the left and to the right while pulling gets them off.
Thank you for this!
Just got the Shure SE 215 LTD and could not remove the sleeves. Went to the Shure web site and found this:
Edited by omarcio - 1/30/13 at 2:26pm
i just got my own pair for 215s and the method of using your tshirt or cloth to pull it out while twisting it left and right a little works perfectly. I felt uncomfortable putting them in the freezer. So for those who are still struggling, do use this method. It works!
- Shure olives removal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 12 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom Cable 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 4 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 8 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 – Modifications – Worth it? 10 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob