How does everyone remove theirs? I am getting a pair of W3's to replace my old W2's who had a snapped nozzle (because of my rough hands). Are there any good tips on how to remove them?
- productShure PA910M Replacement Black Foam Sleeves (Medium) for Shure SE210, SE310, SE420, SE530 and SE530PTH Earphonestagged by System, 1/1/13
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 1/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amp for Shure SE535-CL Last post on 10/11/13 at 2:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best earphones with removable cable? Last post on 9/24/13 at 1:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM that sounds closest to hd-25 ?? Last post on 10/10/13 at 11:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$400 iem (pfe112 upgrade) Last post on 11/9/13 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA 40 vs Shure 535 LTD vs other earphones Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Shure olives removal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Did you snap your w2 nozzles while trying to remove the shure olives? On my W4's, I had an issue with one pair getting stuck, which i ended up using a knife to carefully cut them off. From then on, I just didn't push the olives all the way to the bottom of the tube. There's still 1-2mm between the IEM and the olives so you can see the stalk a little bit. They've never fallen off, and I've taken them off and put them back on several times with no issues.
When you first get Shure SE535's, I had a bit of trouble removing the tips, and I recall reading that some people said to put the IEM's in the freezer and it'll make it easier to remove the tips. I was uncomfortable doing this myself, so I didn't, but it might be worth looking into.... although I feel my method works the best. I get a deeper insertion with my way, which I like.
Yeah, do a quick search on head-fi for se535 tip removal. Or maybe go into a SE535 appreciation thread and search the thread for "freezer" and I'm sure something will pop up.
Twisting is the wrong way. You are using a lot more force than you think and are less aware of lateral pressure. Easiest way (if stuck) to snap or tear off a nozzle. Freezer of lift gently from the back of the inner sleave, working your way around.
Are you trying to remove the olives from a pair of Shures, or from a pair of W3's?
If you are trying to remove them from Shures, I've always found that twisting them slightly to the left and to the right while pulling gets them off.
Thank you for this!
Just got the Shure SE 215 LTD and could not remove the sleeves. Went to the Shure web site and found this:
Edited by omarcio - 1/30/13 at 2:26pm
- Shure olives removal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GAMING & MUSIC : HD650 vs HD600 vs HD598 vs PC360 driven by Onkyo... 9 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 9 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 12 seconds ago
- › Looking for a durable, balanced IEM 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi