I love my Sennheiser 598's but I feel for certain types of music they are lacking in bass. I'm looking for headphones that would go well as a contrast to these headphones, with a budget of up to $300 but not a hard limit.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/27/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productKenwood KH-K1000tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 12/27/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2900tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for 250 and below Last post on 6/25/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- What are some good headphones for Blu-Ray Movie Watching? Last post on 2/15/13 at 8:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Generically, to give you some options (all of which will satisfy "more bass"):
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A
- Bose AE2 and QC15
- B&W P5
- Denon AH-D1100 and D2000
- Kenwood KH-K1000
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 and PRO2900
There's a lot of difference between the cans on this list, so it really depends on what you want, what pleases you, etc. This list isn't meant to be exhaustive either.
I'm looking to avoid piercing highs as I find that very fatiguing. Sometimes, depending on the music, the HD598's can be too bright (is that the right way to describe?). So I'd like some heavy bass, probably closed headphones, and not so piercing on the highs.
Bose AE2. Very smooth and non-fatiguing highs, good bass extension and impact; very easy to listen to with anything. The ATH-ESW9A will be more musical (but have a lesser soundstage), and also have a fairly smooth and rolled-off top end.
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 21 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 2 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Mad Dog v3.2 + Alpha pads and 2 cables 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2