I love my Sennheiser 598's but I feel for certain types of music they are lacking in bass. I'm looking for headphones that would go well as a contrast to these headphones, with a budget of up to $300 but not a hard limit.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/27/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productKenwood KH-K1000tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 12/27/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2900tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for 250 and below Last post on 6/25/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- What are some good headphones for Blu-Ray Movie Watching? Last post on 2/15/13 at 8:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Generically, to give you some options (all of which will satisfy "more bass"):
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A
- Bose AE2 and QC15
- B&W P5
- Denon AH-D1100 and D2000
- Kenwood KH-K1000
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 and PRO2900
There's a lot of difference between the cans on this list, so it really depends on what you want, what pleases you, etc. This list isn't meant to be exhaustive either.
I'm looking to avoid piercing highs as I find that very fatiguing. Sometimes, depending on the music, the HD598's can be too bright (is that the right way to describe?). So I'd like some heavy bass, probably closed headphones, and not so piercing on the highs.
Bose AE2. Very smooth and non-fatiguing highs, good bass extension and impact; very easy to listen to with anything. The ATH-ESW9A will be more musical (but have a lesser soundstage), and also have a fairly smooth and rolled-off top end.
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Unique Melody Maestro 2 minutes ago
- › Flawless albums 2 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 3 minutes ago
- › Comply Tips Review 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 5 minutes ago
- › LMUE Alpha & Delta AD01 U.S. & Canada Review Tour 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2