I love my Sennheiser 598's but I feel for certain types of music they are lacking in bass. I'm looking for headphones that would go well as a contrast to these headphones, with a budget of up to $300 but not a hard limit.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productKenwood KH-K1000tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 12/27/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2900tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for 250 and below Last post on 6/25/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for headphones with good bass. Last post on 6/18/12 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is B&W P5 worth it? Last post on 9/12/13 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Generically, to give you some options (all of which will satisfy "more bass"):
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A
- Bose AE2 and QC15
- B&W P5
- Denon AH-D1100 and D2000
- Kenwood KH-K1000
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 and PRO2900
There's a lot of difference between the cans on this list, so it really depends on what you want, what pleases you, etc. This list isn't meant to be exhaustive either.
I'm looking to avoid piercing highs as I find that very fatiguing. Sometimes, depending on the music, the HD598's can be too bright (is that the right way to describe?). So I'd like some heavy bass, probably closed headphones, and not so piercing on the highs.
Bose AE2. Very smooth and non-fatiguing highs, good bass extension and impact; very easy to listen to with anything. The ATH-ESW9A will be more musical (but have a lesser soundstage), and also have a fairly smooth and rolled-off top end.
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 58 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)