I love my Sennheiser 598's but I feel for certain types of music they are lacking in bass. I'm looking for headphones that would go well as a contrast to these headphones, with a budget of up to $300 but not a hard limit.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productKenwood KH-K1000tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 12/27/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2900tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for 250 and below Last post on 6/25/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for headphones with good bass. Last post on 6/18/12 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is B&W P5 worth it? Last post on 11/19/14 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Generically, to give you some options (all of which will satisfy "more bass"):
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A
- Bose AE2 and QC15
- B&W P5
- Denon AH-D1100 and D2000
- Kenwood KH-K1000
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 and PRO2900
There's a lot of difference between the cans on this list, so it really depends on what you want, what pleases you, etc. This list isn't meant to be exhaustive either.
I'm looking to avoid piercing highs as I find that very fatiguing. Sometimes, depending on the music, the HD598's can be too bright (is that the right way to describe?). So I'd like some heavy bass, probably closed headphones, and not so piercing on the highs.
Bose AE2. Very smooth and non-fatiguing highs, good bass extension and impact; very easy to listen to with anything. The ATH-ESW9A will be more musical (but have a lesser soundstage), and also have a fairly smooth and rolled-off top end.
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › In need of desktop amp to power Klipsch - WB14 & subwoofer 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)