I love my Sennheiser 598's but I feel for certain types of music they are lacking in bass. I'm looking for headphones that would go well as a contrast to these headphones, with a budget of up to $300 but not a hard limit.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/27/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productKenwood KH-K1000tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 12/27/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/27/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2900tagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for 250 and below Last post on 6/25/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- What are some good headphones for Blu-Ray Movie Watching? Last post on 2/15/13 at 8:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Generically, to give you some options (all of which will satisfy "more bass"):
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A
- Bose AE2 and QC15
- B&W P5
- Denon AH-D1100 and D2000
- Kenwood KH-K1000
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 and PRO2900
There's a lot of difference between the cans on this list, so it really depends on what you want, what pleases you, etc. This list isn't meant to be exhaustive either.
I'm looking to avoid piercing highs as I find that very fatiguing. Sometimes, depending on the music, the HD598's can be too bright (is that the right way to describe?). So I'd like some heavy bass, probably closed headphones, and not so piercing on the highs.
Bose AE2. Very smooth and non-fatiguing highs, good bass extension and impact; very easy to listen to with anything. The ATH-ESW9A will be more musical (but have a lesser soundstage), and also have a fairly smooth and rolled-off top end.
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Pebble Steel 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2