- 350 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
- productColorfly C3tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)tagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Time for a new DAP, unsure what to buy, Cowon, Sony, Colorfly Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Does what I want even exist? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:39am in Portable Source Gear
- I KNOW you've been asked a 1000x guys, but I'm completely lost on getting the right Mp3... Last post on 12/23/12 at 11:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Old Iriver needs replacement. Last post on 1/2/13 at 8:22am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Do I REALLY need a DAP? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Been living with my AK100 for a few days now and so far I like what I have bought. H2OFidelity, I appreciate why you warned as you did but my listening experience has not been like the warnings in the AK100 thread. Frankly, I found the 90 pages hard going because there was a heap of OT posts and very few from anyone who owns one. So everything tended to be subjective opinion and not very constructive. I may do a more comprehensive review sometime in the future, but in the meantime I have posted a none too flattering reply in the AK100 thread which sums up my findings and my opinions. I don't see why I should not join in seeing as opinions are like a##holes, every body's got one... here's my take... post #1341
Cheers all and Happy New Year.
Well, if you enjoy it that's nice to hear, we never said it wouldn't work. :: The problem is most of us here want accuracy, we want sound reproduction accurate as possible to the manufacturers design. A lot of users take measurements seriously, they don't want a player with an output impedance of 21ohms altering their $500 - $1400 IEM's intended frequency response, because they chose that IEM for it's frequency chart alone which they want to hear as intended, and which I'm sure you can understand. I'm not here to say you made the right or wrong decision as everyone's opinions will vary.
Enjoy your AK100.
Happy New Year!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/1/13 at 9:58pm
i also just got my dx100 and im listening to it now, compared to what i had which was ipod classic 7th gen+fiio e17 combo, i havent noticed major sound improvement though i havent tried listening for it. it seems more detailed but its a fatiguing combo to try to pair my dx100 with my beyer dt990... hopefully it will improve... i kinda feel like i can do more spending my money on high end cans...
- Do I REALLY need a DAP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Please help me with advise, which headphones should I buy 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Rock/Metal? 5 minutes ago
- › Downgrading of kbps when converting WAV. to ALAC in iTunes? 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Instructions regarding the installation of USB DAC driver! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni for Sale 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by countolaf
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital