- 815 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
- productColorfly C3tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSONY Android WALKMAN NW-Z1070 (Japan Model)tagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Old Iriver needs replacement. Last post on 1/2/13 at 8:22am in Portable Source Gear
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best neutral music player under 150$ Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Source Gear
- Time for a new DAP, unsure what to buy, Cowon, Sony, Colorfly Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need Help: iPod, Cowon or Sansa Last post on 5/11/13 at 2:24pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Do I REALLY need a DAP? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Been living with my AK100 for a few days now and so far I like what I have bought. H2OFidelity, I appreciate why you warned as you did but my listening experience has not been like the warnings in the AK100 thread. Frankly, I found the 90 pages hard going because there was a heap of OT posts and very few from anyone who owns one. So everything tended to be subjective opinion and not very constructive. I may do a more comprehensive review sometime in the future, but in the meantime I have posted a none too flattering reply in the AK100 thread which sums up my findings and my opinions. I don't see why I should not join in seeing as opinions are like a##holes, every body's got one... here's my take... post #1341
Cheers all and Happy New Year.
Well, if you enjoy it that's nice to hear, we never said it wouldn't work. :: The problem is most of us here want accuracy, we want sound reproduction accurate as possible to the manufacturers design. A lot of users take measurements seriously, they don't want a player with an output impedance of 21ohms altering their $500 - $1400 IEM's intended frequency response, because they chose that IEM for it's frequency chart alone which they want to hear as intended, and which I'm sure you can understand. I'm not here to say you made the right or wrong decision as everyone's opinions will vary.
Enjoy your AK100.
Happy New Year!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/1/13 at 9:58pm
i also just got my dx100 and im listening to it now, compared to what i had which was ipod classic 7th gen+fiio e17 combo, i havent noticed major sound improvement though i havent tried listening for it. it seems more detailed but its a fatiguing combo to try to pair my dx100 with my beyer dt990... hopefully it will improve... i kinda feel like i can do more spending my money on high end cans...
- Do I REALLY need a DAP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 18 seconds ago
- › What headphone should i go for? ( budget $800) 22 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 30 seconds ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 59 seconds ago
- › WTB: NAD HP50 in black 1 minute ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2