- 815 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
- productColorfly C3tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSONY Android WALKMAN NW-Z1070 (Japan Model)tagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Old Iriver needs replacement. Last post on 1/2/13 at 8:22am in Portable Source Gear
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best neutral music player under 150$ Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Source Gear
- Time for a new DAP, unsure what to buy, Cowon, Sony, Colorfly Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need Help: iPod, Cowon or Sansa Last post on 5/11/13 at 2:24pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Do I REALLY need a DAP? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Been living with my AK100 for a few days now and so far I like what I have bought. H2OFidelity, I appreciate why you warned as you did but my listening experience has not been like the warnings in the AK100 thread. Frankly, I found the 90 pages hard going because there was a heap of OT posts and very few from anyone who owns one. So everything tended to be subjective opinion and not very constructive. I may do a more comprehensive review sometime in the future, but in the meantime I have posted a none too flattering reply in the AK100 thread which sums up my findings and my opinions. I don't see why I should not join in seeing as opinions are like a##holes, every body's got one... here's my take... post #1341
Cheers all and Happy New Year.
Well, if you enjoy it that's nice to hear, we never said it wouldn't work. :: The problem is most of us here want accuracy, we want sound reproduction accurate as possible to the manufacturers design. A lot of users take measurements seriously, they don't want a player with an output impedance of 21ohms altering their $500 - $1400 IEM's intended frequency response, because they chose that IEM for it's frequency chart alone which they want to hear as intended, and which I'm sure you can understand. I'm not here to say you made the right or wrong decision as everyone's opinions will vary.
Enjoy your AK100.
Happy New Year!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/1/13 at 9:58pm
i also just got my dx100 and im listening to it now, compared to what i had which was ipod classic 7th gen+fiio e17 combo, i havent noticed major sound improvement though i havent tried listening for it. it seems more detailed but its a fatiguing combo to try to pair my dx100 with my beyer dt990... hopefully it will improve... i kinda feel like i can do more spending my money on high end cans...
- Do I REALLY need a DAP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JDS Labs Element 21 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 39 seconds ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 3 minutes ago
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Last buy .... old Beyerdynamic dt880 600 ohm ... any opinion ? 13 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 14 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is here. #1 Winner is......(page 30) Also FREE DSD/PCM... 14 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3