- 622 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
- productColorfly C3tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)tagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Time for a new DAP, unsure what to buy, Cowon, Sony, Colorfly Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Recommendation for a high-end DAP Last post on 11/17/13 at 2:20am in Portable Source Gear
- PMP/closed headphones combination for 250$ Last post on 5/6/13 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does what I want even exist? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:39am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Do I REALLY need a DAP? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Been living with my AK100 for a few days now and so far I like what I have bought. H2OFidelity, I appreciate why you warned as you did but my listening experience has not been like the warnings in the AK100 thread. Frankly, I found the 90 pages hard going because there was a heap of OT posts and very few from anyone who owns one. So everything tended to be subjective opinion and not very constructive. I may do a more comprehensive review sometime in the future, but in the meantime I have posted a none too flattering reply in the AK100 thread which sums up my findings and my opinions. I don't see why I should not join in seeing as opinions are like a##holes, every body's got one... here's my take... post #1341
Cheers all and Happy New Year.
Well, if you enjoy it that's nice to hear, we never said it wouldn't work. :: The problem is most of us here want accuracy, we want sound reproduction accurate as possible to the manufacturers design. A lot of users take measurements seriously, they don't want a player with an output impedance of 21ohms altering their $500 - $1400 IEM's intended frequency response, because they chose that IEM for it's frequency chart alone which they want to hear as intended, and which I'm sure you can understand. I'm not here to say you made the right or wrong decision as everyone's opinions will vary.
Enjoy your AK100.
Happy New Year!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/1/13 at 9:58pm
i also just got my dx100 and im listening to it now, compared to what i had which was ipod classic 7th gen+fiio e17 combo, i havent noticed major sound improvement though i havent tried listening for it. it seems more detailed but its a fatiguing combo to try to pair my dx100 with my beyer dt990... hopefully it will improve... i kinda feel like i can do more spending my money on high end cans...
- Do I REALLY need a DAP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 seconds ago
- › Best Headphone for classical and jazz music, budget of $800. 8 seconds ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 10 seconds ago
- › How loud should bass be on headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › i'm looking for an IEM with warm and fun sound and a comfortable... 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony D-25 Refurbishment with Service Manual! 5 minutes ago
- › Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing 6 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)