- 501 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
- productColorfly C3tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 1/2/13
- productSONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)tagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Time for a new DAP, unsure what to buy, Cowon, Sony, Colorfly Last post on 9/17/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Recommendation for a high-end DAP Last post on 11/17/13 at 2:20am in Portable Source Gear
- Does what I want even exist? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:39am in Portable Source Gear
- I KNOW you've been asked a 1000x guys, but I'm completely lost on getting the right Mp3... Last post on 12/23/12 at 11:33pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Do I REALLY need a DAP? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Been living with my AK100 for a few days now and so far I like what I have bought. H2OFidelity, I appreciate why you warned as you did but my listening experience has not been like the warnings in the AK100 thread. Frankly, I found the 90 pages hard going because there was a heap of OT posts and very few from anyone who owns one. So everything tended to be subjective opinion and not very constructive. I may do a more comprehensive review sometime in the future, but in the meantime I have posted a none too flattering reply in the AK100 thread which sums up my findings and my opinions. I don't see why I should not join in seeing as opinions are like a##holes, every body's got one... here's my take... post #1341
Cheers all and Happy New Year.
Well, if you enjoy it that's nice to hear, we never said it wouldn't work. :: The problem is most of us here want accuracy, we want sound reproduction accurate as possible to the manufacturers design. A lot of users take measurements seriously, they don't want a player with an output impedance of 21ohms altering their $500 - $1400 IEM's intended frequency response, because they chose that IEM for it's frequency chart alone which they want to hear as intended, and which I'm sure you can understand. I'm not here to say you made the right or wrong decision as everyone's opinions will vary.
Enjoy your AK100.
Happy New Year!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/1/13 at 9:58pm
i also just got my dx100 and im listening to it now, compared to what i had which was ipod classic 7th gen+fiio e17 combo, i havent noticed major sound improvement though i havent tried listening for it. it seems more detailed but its a fatiguing combo to try to pair my dx100 with my beyer dt990... hopefully it will improve... i kinda feel like i can do more spending my money on high end cans...
- Do I REALLY need a DAP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 19 seconds ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › iTune rips continues to produce artifacts 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under $200? 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)