Is there really a purpose to buy a headphone amp if you're listening to music on your iPhone?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to know when using a stereo amplifier is better (or worse) than a 'headphone'... Last post on 2/27/15 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 1st Greek Headphone Festival Last post on 9/14/14 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it true that a portable amp can boost the bass on a pair of headphones? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 6SN7--continuing on a new thread Last post on 3/22/13 at 11:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mysterious 12AU7/ECC82 Vacuum Tubes Last post on 4/7/13 at 1:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
- Headphone Impedance
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I think headphone amps are a waste of $ unless your not home a lot, for me an hk 3490 which has a pretty good dac/headphone amp in it and was more ethical since I can run my speakers and sub and my headphones at full swing with 1 $300 receiver.
@OP, depends on your headphone. It's only worth it if your DAP can't power your headphones to their full potential.
Not everyone has space for a hi-fi system, etc. I know if I did, then I would be using passive monitors instead of actives. Further, some headphones really do need a dedicated amp to sound the best.
Ya I thought I wasted $300 on my pro 900s till I bought a receiver then the bass came to life, good thing to I had it at -2db with +5db for bass and the right drivers wire shorted out now im getting it fixed for free lol.
- Headphone Amps
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 20 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 43 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 5 minutes ago
- › HDTracks Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2