As the holiday season rolls along, I found that it would be a great time to indulge in spending more money to buy more sound-reproducing instruments. My question is whether I should go with the VSonic GR07 or the Trumpets. I'm just wondering whether or not there is enough of a difference of quality to warrant a potential $70 difference in price. I listen to a variety of music, ranging from pop to punk rock and country (enough to make up a visible percentage of my playlists). If someone with experience with both could recommend an option, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
- productMiles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productVSONIC GR07 Bass Editontagged by System, 3/2/13
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM Assistance! Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSonic GR07 Bass Edition - Perfect Condition Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:04am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help on Fixing my VSonic GR07 Last post on 11/6/13 at 6:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- broken Vsonic GR07, recommendations Last post on 1/3/14 at 12:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think they roughly play on the same...err, playing field. The GR07s are slightly warm, more mid-centric but generally balanced throughout. The Trumpets, from memory, were V-shaped and dynamic sounding. Have not heard the Trumpets for very long though. The VSonics would be the greater all-rounder, would probably do better with your playlist.
I feel like I am pretty qualified to answer this as I purchased the GR07 last christmas and then having lost them a few months ago, just picked up the Trumpets today.
I have to say that I greatly prefer the trumpets over the GR07. I've always liked warm, inviting, clean, good soundspace and solid bass and I feel like the Trumpets have all that. GR07 has very nice mids, an amazing soundspace, and seemed like it produced very accurate sound, but I felt the highs were too sibilant for me even after break-in and the bass just wasnt there. I will say that the GR07 changed my opinions on what an IEM could do and I do feel that they are more airy, accurate, and feel more spacious than the trumpets.
Build quality for both are spot on, although I will say the trumpets cables seem a bit thin and I get nervous if they ever get caught on something where as the GR07 cables always felt like a rock.
Also they both have a unique look that I do enjoy; GR07 with its boxy look and swiveling head or the trumpet with its blue and gold striking features make me feel like I am not just another guy with a standard looking earphone. Overall I am super pleased with the trumpets and would recommend them to anyone.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be glad to try and answer them
- VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which headphones are better? 15 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 21 seconds ago
- › FS: Grado GS1000i Statement Series headphones - mint condition 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › New(?) Bose Soundtrue Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)