As the holiday season rolls along, I found that it would be a great time to indulge in spending more money to buy more sound-reproducing instruments. My question is whether I should go with the VSonic GR07 or the Trumpets. I'm just wondering whether or not there is enough of a difference of quality to warrant a potential $70 difference in price. I listen to a variety of music, ranging from pop to punk rock and country (enough to make up a visible percentage of my playlists). If someone with experience with both could recommend an option, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
- productMiles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productVSONIC GR07 Bass Editontagged by System, 3/2/13
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM Assistance! Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSonic GR07 Bass Edition - Perfect Condition Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:04am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help on Fixing my VSonic GR07 Last post on 11/6/13 at 6:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- broken Vsonic GR07, recommendations Last post on 1/3/14 at 12:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think they roughly play on the same...err, playing field. The GR07s are slightly warm, more mid-centric but generally balanced throughout. The Trumpets, from memory, were V-shaped and dynamic sounding. Have not heard the Trumpets for very long though. The VSonics would be the greater all-rounder, would probably do better with your playlist.
I feel like I am pretty qualified to answer this as I purchased the GR07 last christmas and then having lost them a few months ago, just picked up the Trumpets today.
I have to say that I greatly prefer the trumpets over the GR07. I've always liked warm, inviting, clean, good soundspace and solid bass and I feel like the Trumpets have all that. GR07 has very nice mids, an amazing soundspace, and seemed like it produced very accurate sound, but I felt the highs were too sibilant for me even after break-in and the bass just wasnt there. I will say that the GR07 changed my opinions on what an IEM could do and I do feel that they are more airy, accurate, and feel more spacious than the trumpets.
Build quality for both are spot on, although I will say the trumpets cables seem a bit thin and I get nervous if they ever get caught on something where as the GR07 cables always felt like a rock.
Also they both have a unique look that I do enjoy; GR07 with its boxy look and swiveling head or the trumpet with its blue and gold striking features make me feel like I am not just another guy with a standard looking earphone. Overall I am super pleased with the trumpets and would recommend them to anyone.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be glad to try and answer them
- VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 28 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 45 seconds ago
- › I love my SR80's, but I want MOAR! (too many options, very wide... 1 minute ago
- › Copper/silver hybrid cables? 1 minute ago
- › A question about Sennheiser CX500.... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)