As the holiday season rolls along, I found that it would be a great time to indulge in spending more money to buy more sound-reproducing instruments. My question is whether I should go with the VSonic GR07 or the Trumpets. I'm just wondering whether or not there is enough of a difference of quality to warrant a potential $70 difference in price. I listen to a variety of music, ranging from pop to punk rock and country (enough to make up a visible percentage of my playlists). If someone with experience with both could recommend an option, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
- productMiles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/31/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 12/31/12
- productVSONIC GR07 Bass Editontagged by System, 3/2/13
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need IEM Assistance! Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSonic GR07 Bass Edition - Perfect Condition Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:04am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help on Fixing my VSonic GR07 Last post on 11/6/13 at 6:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- broken Vsonic GR07, recommendations Last post on 1/3/14 at 12:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think they roughly play on the same...err, playing field. The GR07s are slightly warm, more mid-centric but generally balanced throughout. The Trumpets, from memory, were V-shaped and dynamic sounding. Have not heard the Trumpets for very long though. The VSonics would be the greater all-rounder, would probably do better with your playlist.
I feel like I am pretty qualified to answer this as I purchased the GR07 last christmas and then having lost them a few months ago, just picked up the Trumpets today.
I have to say that I greatly prefer the trumpets over the GR07. I've always liked warm, inviting, clean, good soundspace and solid bass and I feel like the Trumpets have all that. GR07 has very nice mids, an amazing soundspace, and seemed like it produced very accurate sound, but I felt the highs were too sibilant for me even after break-in and the bass just wasnt there. I will say that the GR07 changed my opinions on what an IEM could do and I do feel that they are more airy, accurate, and feel more spacious than the trumpets.
Build quality for both are spot on, although I will say the trumpets cables seem a bit thin and I get nervous if they ever get caught on something where as the GR07 cables always felt like a rock.
Also they both have a unique look that I do enjoy; GR07 with its boxy look and swiveling head or the trumpet with its blue and gold striking features make me feel like I am not just another guy with a standard looking earphone. Overall I am super pleased with the trumpets and would recommend them to anyone.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be glad to try and answer them
- VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Unnecessary Impressions Thread: Sony NW-HD5 10 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 17 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle CMA800 Current Mode Amplifier 37 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 5 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How to I make my Fiio x5 DAC work on windows 7 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)