- 3 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDACstagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on Yesterday at 7:31 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- "Headphone Amplifier With DAC" - iPhone Lightning to Headphone Jack Last post on 12/16/16 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 9/8/16 at 1:40am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Where is the pitfall? [MBP -> Speakers]post #1 of 312/24/12 at 12:02pmThread StarterI'm experiencing some issues with my audio setup. My speakers have an integrated amp.Here is what I found through testing (when I'm using lower volume on the source, I increase the amp volume to compensate):- Integrated CD player -> Speakers: Optimal- MacBook Pro @ min. volume -> Speakers: OK- iPod @ min. volume -> Speakers: OK- MacBook Pro @ max. volume -> Speakers: Horrible, unlistenable- iPod @ max. volume -> Speakers: Horrible, unlistenableThe results are quite puzzling, as I'd expect a higher source volume to be better, because it increases the bit depth. What could be causing this distortion? I'm always playing lossless CD rips on the source, which is connected via its headphone jack.How can I improve the quality? Should I buy a standalone DAC? TIA.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 312/24/12 at 6:40pm
The bit depth has nothing to do with this - you are using analog connection.
What you are experiencing at the max volume is a combination of two things:
- analog distortions caused by the device's amp working beyond its optimal range.
- the signal is too strong for the speakers' input.
Both can be cured quite easily by setting the volume on your iPod and MacBook somewhere in between. A good way to find the right level is to keep increasing the volume until you start hearing the distortions and then back out 10-20%. After that use the speakers' volume control to adjust the listening level.
An external DAC may help further, but make sure it can connect to all your source devices, as iPod doesn't have any of the standard digital connectors.post #3 of 312/26/12 at 12:29pm
What it is ,is the volume pot the higher u turn it up the the less masking effect on the sound it has, its how they are thats why people modify theyre amps with stepped attenuators, digital attenuation doesnt mask so much so its better to turn the volume as high as youu can and just usee the digital volume conttrol.
- Where is the pitfall? [MBP -> Speakers]
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 19 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear