Well, I've been researching DAPs off and on for a few weeks now, including lurking this message board, and have yet to come to anything concrete since my list of priorities is varied, so I've come to you all for help. Is there anything that fits the list?
- No Apple products (I would probably go with one if I didn't have to use iTunes and it played more audio formats. Also, I dislike Apple as a company.)
- Battery life should be longer than 20h for music playback without an amp.
- Must be compatible with Windows 7 64-bit (I would just go with a Cowon if not for its Win 7 issues).
- 8-32 GB with expandable storage or 100GB+ without expansion
- Screen large enough to browse lists (Colorfly C3 and Sansa Clip are just too minimal and tiny)
- Under $200 at regular price or over $200 if it's on sale for under $200
- Sound quality...well, the best I can get for what I'm asking for. (I'll be running either Grado sr60s or AKG K-240s; no IEMs)
- Wifi if possible since I'd like to be able to use Pandora, but it's not necessary and am totally fine without it.
- Thin profile as I'll be pairing it with an amp of some kind (I don't like bulky mess in my pockets.)
The closest thing to what I'm looking for, that I'm able to find, is the original Sansa Fuze, which is going for more than I'm willing to pay for it and I'm unsure of its sound quality. I'm also willing to bend on a few things such as initial storage capacity and screen size (or existence).
I would really love some help because this is driving me nuts.
Edited by riplox - 12/24/12 at 1:59am