Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Location in Tokyo to buy 2nd hand or discounted Headphones / Earphones / portable DAC/AMP?` Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendation for a good portable dac to go with my amp? Last post on 6/15/12 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would like Amp help please! Recomendations? Last post on 6/10/12 at 12:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 952/16/13 at 2:19amWill let you know when I get my replacement and pair it with my Nexus! Are you aware you have to root your N7 and install a custom ROM and kernel for USB audio to work!post #33 of 952/16/13 at 2:19amWill let you know when I get my replacement and pair it with my Nexus! Are you aware you have to root your N7 and install a custom ROM and kernel for USB audio to work!post #34 of 952/16/13 at 6:57am
Have gotten a chance today to try the xduoo... I must say I was disappointed.
Connected to my Note 2, there was a very noticeable hissing, didn't go well with my IE8.
Tried the setting between both gains, bass and everything else and hiss is still there. Exterior nicely built though.
Edited by muscular - 2/16/13 at 7:02ampost #35 of 952/16/13 at 7:36amThread Starter
I've been spending time with the UA-05 in for review. So far it's very impressive - low gain works well with sensitive CIEMs like JH13 FreqPhase and Westone ES5, with a black background and no hiss. But high gain can push and LCD-2 or Thunderpants like nobody's business. Very impressive for a little "portable" unit.
I'll have more to say when I do a full review at InnerFidelity.post #36 of 952/16/13 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Nukeshock
hey guys i wanted to ask i just got the Shure SRH-1840 for my office setup
, ipod classic 6thgen 80gb -> ALO The Triple Pipe L.O.D to C&C X02 ( bassy amp makes up for the SRH-1840's bass shyness) so i got a perfect neutral set up and with very good clarity
though the clarity is nothing like my modded Zero Dac from my home desktop setup.
And i want really good clarity which is what the classic is lacking . I have the Nexus 7 and honeslty the audio out is horrendous. and i think xp-1 will be a major upgrade.
But comparing nexus 7 + xduoo xp-1 > 1840's VS ColorFly CK4 + C&C X02 > 1840's
which would be better ? i am leaning to the ColorFly CK4 cuz i can get it for SGD $250 (202 USD) while the xduoo is SGD$361 ( $292 USD)
so now its a matter of dual WOLFSON DACS VS Single CIRUS LOGIC CS4398 FLAGSHIP DAC.
LOOKING FOR SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT IN THESE AREAS : SOUND STAGE , CLARITY , LOW SND RATIO ( I HATE HISSING NOISES )
AND THANKS GUYS !!!! LOVE THIS FORUM !!! THOUGH IT HAS COST ME LOTS OF MONEY !!! HAHAHAHA
In what way is your setup perfectly neutral?post #37 of 952/16/13 at 9:12ampost #38 of 952/16/13 at 9:29am
After hearing about the hissing sound, I decided to test out my Xduoo XP-1 with my S3 (international version) for any hissing sound. Using Neutron player on the S3, I could not detect any hissing sound with my Fitear Togo 334. The same with my Westone 4R. The gain was set to low without bass boost. Without any music playing, I turned the volume knob to 12 o'clock. There was no hiss I could detect. For the record, at 10 o'clock, the volume was already loud for me.post #39 of 952/16/13 at 11:07amThread Starter
The XP-1 I originally had in was a prototype, and had some hiss. Apparently they redid something in the design to help eliminate that issue, but I haven't heard the redone model since I'm covering the UA-05 instead.
But I can certainly vouch for the Leckerton - it's exceptional as an amp. Don't worry about your choice.post #40 of 952/17/13 at 1:21ampost #41 of 952/17/13 at 8:07ampost #42 of 952/18/13 at 12:43amYou will find that the sq of the Leckerton UHA-6S is quite close to the XP-1 but I would still give the edge to the XP-1. That is if you are listening via USB on the S3. The good thing about the Leckerton is its amp section and the fact that it has the optical and coxial inputs. If you can listen to music via the coaxial or optical inputs, the sound quality is better.
Btw, I am already experiencing difficulty using the OTG cable that comes with the the XP-1. For some reason, the S3 is not able to detect the XP-1 so no music is going through. Using my usual OTG cable resolves the problem. Also phone charging seems possible only if I use the supplied cable.post #43 of 952/18/13 at 1:08ampost #44 of 952/18/13 at 1:41amQuote:This seems like the problem I have. So you using an otg cable and then that long charging came that is included?Originally Posted by AlanYWM
You will find that the sq of the Leckerton UHA-6S is quite close to the XP-1 but I would still give the edge to the XP-1. That is if you are listening via USB on the S3. The good thing about the Leckerton is its amp section and the fact that it has the optical and coxial inputs. If you can listen to music via the coaxial or optical inputs, the sound quality is better.
Btw, I am already experiencing difficulty using the OTG cable that comes with the the XP-1. For some reason, the S3 is not able to detect the XP-1 so no music is going through. Using my usual OTG cable resolves the problem. Also phone charging seems possible only if I use the supplied cable.post #45 of 952/18/13 at 1:57am
- xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 13 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 38 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony 1.2m Balanced standard plug MUC-M12SB1 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for studio reference headphones, but am picky 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear