Hello! So yesterday I bought my first pair of serious headphones, as I'm doing a lot of production and mixing now so I felt I needed to make a step up, with the ATH M50S LE. However, this morning I found an offer online for $62 Beats Solo, and am considering getting them in addition to the M50s. I would get them as my main listening pair, and I would lug them in my backpack, as my current and only pair of headphones are JVC Xtreme Xplosives in ears with one ear cushion missing. I know that Beats really aren't that great, but do you think they are worth $62 dollars as listening pair for hip hop?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Portable Set Up for Streaming Services Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262? Last post on 10/4/12 at 7:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing sizes of amps for 160gb ipod model a1238 Last post on 6/15/14 at 11:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree, I've seen used Fiio E17 amps going for $90-110. The E17's Amp and DAC would be a better upgrade for your mixing work : )
I've spent some time with the Beats Solos—they came with a HTC phone that one of my family members bought—and I ended up selling them on ebay 3 days later. Avoid the Solos at all costs unless they were given to you.
- Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 49 seconds ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 (Rev 2) vs Denon D7000 Shootout 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can any RCA cable be used as a digital coax or does it have to be a... 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)