Hello! So yesterday I bought my first pair of serious headphones, as I'm doing a lot of production and mixing now so I felt I needed to make a step up, with the ATH M50S LE. However, this morning I found an offer online for $62 Beats Solo, and am considering getting them in addition to the M50s. I would get them as my main listening pair, and I would lug them in my backpack, as my current and only pair of headphones are JVC Xtreme Xplosives in ears with one ear cushion missing. I know that Beats really aren't that great, but do you think they are worth $62 dollars as listening pair for hip hop?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Portable Set Up for Streaming Services Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262? Last post on 10/4/12 at 7:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing sizes of amps for 160gb ipod model a1238 Last post on 6/15/14 at 11:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree, I've seen used Fiio E17 amps going for $90-110. The E17's Amp and DAC would be a better upgrade for your mixing work : )
I've spent some time with the Beats Solos—they came with a HTC phone that one of my family members bought—and I ended up selling them on ebay 3 days later. Avoid the Solos at all costs unless they were given to you.
- Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 3 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › I should'nt have ordered the 770 PRO version... :( 5 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)