Hello! So yesterday I bought my first pair of serious headphones, as I'm doing a lot of production and mixing now so I felt I needed to make a step up, with the ATH M50S LE. However, this morning I found an offer online for $62 Beats Solo, and am considering getting them in addition to the M50s. I would get them as my main listening pair, and I would lug them in my backpack, as my current and only pair of headphones are JVC Xtreme Xplosives in ears with one ear cushion missing. I know that Beats really aren't that great, but do you think they are worth $62 dollars as listening pair for hip hop?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Portable Set Up for Streaming Services Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262? Last post on 10/4/12 at 7:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing sizes of amps for 160gb ipod model a1238 Last post on 6/15/14 at 11:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree, I've seen used Fiio E17 amps going for $90-110. The E17's Amp and DAC would be a better upgrade for your mixing work : )
I've spent some time with the Beats Solos—they came with a HTC phone that one of my family members bought—and I ended up selling them on ebay 3 days later. Avoid the Solos at all costs unless they were given to you.
- Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Closed back Headphones under 250$ 38 seconds ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 39 seconds ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 51 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 buyers remorse 1 minute ago
- › Which IEM ~170$ to replace broken Vsonic GR07 (EDM lover) :) 1 minute ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2