Hello! So yesterday I bought my first pair of serious headphones, as I'm doing a lot of production and mixing now so I felt I needed to make a step up, with the ATH M50S LE. However, this morning I found an offer online for $62 Beats Solo, and am considering getting them in addition to the M50s. I would get them as my main listening pair, and I would lug them in my backpack, as my current and only pair of headphones are JVC Xtreme Xplosives in ears with one ear cushion missing. I know that Beats really aren't that great, but do you think they are worth $62 dollars as listening pair for hip hop?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Portable Set Up for Streaming Services Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262? Last post on 10/4/12 at 7:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing sizes of amps for 160gb ipod model a1238 Last post on 6/15/14 at 11:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree, I've seen used Fiio E17 amps going for $90-110. The E17's Amp and DAC would be a better upgrade for your mixing work : )
I've spent some time with the Beats Solos—they came with a HTC phone that one of my family members bought—and I ended up selling them on ebay 3 days later. Avoid the Solos at all costs unless they were given to you.
- Good price, should I buy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 seconds ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 54 seconds ago
- › Does everyone have Impulse response data for Sony MDR-7506? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Amperex Bugle Boy, Amperex PQ, Voskhod, and Telefunken tubes 4 minutes ago
- › K701, 702, Q701, HD 598 or something else? 4 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)