Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just an observation...you never see HE-500's on the FS forum...wonder why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just an observation...you never see HE-500's on the FS forum...wonder why?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 

Yes you see a few pairs of the HE-400's now and again, but never the revered 500.  If that doesn't tell you something, you must be dumb as a box if rocks.

 

Well anyway, I've given up waiting.  Gonna go full retail, although it'll kill me. wink_face.gif

post #2 of 25

I've actually seen a couple, actually a little more than the he-400.  One guy was actually selling his for 500 bucks.  Oh if only I had 500 bucks and no he-400 at the time.

 

By far the most I've seen has been LCD2 rev.1

post #3 of 25

HE-400 is cheaper and thus more popular? So newbs who don't like flat sound, don't like them and sell them. Your observation is just as stupid as mine.

post #4 of 25

I think I've only seen one go up for sale during the one month I lurked on the for sale forums and it sold pretty fast.  Not sure if the HE500s have waxing and waning periods or if it's consistently hard to find like this.

post #5 of 25

Because rule of thumb is if you get a working pair of HE500s, you never let it go. They are one of the most forgiving (both in terms of music, and of amping) and well-rounded headphones out there.

post #6 of 25

Something forgiving in terms of music doesn't sound hifi to me. 

post #7 of 25

It's a relative term.  People describe the HD650 as forgiving too, but it's definitely not forgiving if fed a poor recording.  

 

So when people say forgiving, it's relative to artificially bright and unforgiving headphones that plague the current market.

post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post

Something forgiving in terms of music doesn't sound hifi to me. 

Relative to other flagships and top-of-the-line offerings in headphone hobby, and more in terms of tonalities than roll-offs (these extend comfortably to the extremes of hearing, think visceral rumbling at 20Hz and below, and very audible 19kHz+ response). HE500s are leagues more transparent than the typical low~mid-fi headphones.


Edited by jerg - 12/23/12 at 1:13pm
post #9 of 25

They will pop up as soon as you stop looking for them. That's how it always goes.

post #10 of 25

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing the mint HE500 for $350 deal a couple months back.

post #11 of 25

You never see beats up for sale here either. tongue.gif

post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

It's a relative term.  People describe the HD650 as forgiving too, but it's definitely not forgiving if fed a poor recording.  

 

 

Do you believe that's generally even right? I mean, I don't believe most people know whether or not

the album they're listening to is a poorly mastered one or not.

post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Relative to other flagships and top-of-the-line offerings in headphone hobby, and more in terms of tonalities than roll-offs (these extend comfortably to the extremes of hearing, think visceral rumbling at 20Hz and below, and very audible 19kHz+ response). HE500s are leagues more transparent than the typical low~mid-fi headphones.

that's for sure. I find the he500 to be just under the he6 and HD800 level and not as power hungry as the he6 or picky as the HD800. at their current price it is a very good deal
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

You never see beats up for sale here either. tongue.gif

lol! Yes, the op is now served, and he cannot justify his purchase anymore. Cancel the order, OP. 

post #15 of 25

TTVJAudio has them on sale for 10% off right now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just an observation...you never see HE-500's on the FS forum...wonder why?