Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › JRiver Media Center 18
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JRiver Media Center 18

post #1 of 276
Thread Starter 
I just upgraded from version 17 to 18. I think I am hearing some sonic improvements across the board. That is not, however, a touted new feature of the upgrade. I use WASAPI. Food for thought.
post #2 of 276

Have you ever used WASAPI Event Style? I don't hear any sonic differences between the two.

post #3 of 276
Thread Starter 
Always event style. Always. Or Direct Sound to mix with other things. Not sure if event style is better than just WASAPI, but it has less issues and glitches for me.
post #4 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackstoneJD View Post

Always event style. Always. Or Direct Sound to mix with other things. Not sure if event style is better than just WASAPI, but it has less issues and glitches for me.


Weird, i also run a lot smoother on Event Style.

 

Sometimes when i open a song on normal WASAPI the sound would $@*& up, making me have to reopen it 1-2 more times before it runs stable.

 

Tim

post #5 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

Have you ever used WASAPI Event Style? I don't hear any sonic differences between the two.

Normal WASAPI has buffering issues. I just think Media Center 18 sounds better overall.
post #6 of 276

Trying out MC18 as I write and I don't really hear any difference but some people hear differences in cables so such comments don't surprise me any more. wink.gif

post #7 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackstoneJD View Post


Normal WASAPI has buffering issues. I just think Media Center 18 sounds better overall.

 

Maybe you used a better cable or better file, because i absolutely hear nothing different between 17 and 18.

 

However, i've started to use Event Style all the time now, and my songs doesn't glitch anymore and sounds smoother.

 

Tim

post #8 of 276

Yes I just upgraded from 17 to 18 and the sound quality is better with more detail ,bigger sound stage and dynamic range giving a more "live" and involving sound.

Switching between 17 and 18 the difference is quite obvious.

For those who cannot hear it maybe you setup/system is unable to take advantage of the extra resolution.

post #9 of 276

I have just upgraded to 18 from 17, after reading this thread and I must say sonic improvements are immediately noticeable....

 

Initial thoughts:- larger soundstage, more airy, leading edges have more attack, bass is more textured and extends further, Mids more fleshed out. More detail!!! 

 

What a great $24............

post #10 of 276

Also have just upgraded and there is a sonic difference....I need to get used to it, but I think I like it.
 

post #11 of 276

i upgrade from 16 to 18 and lost all of my settings, is there a way to get my settings from MC16 into MC18.  Also, my library was imported into 18, but I don't see all of my albums, they are in wav format, all I see are a few albums that are in mp3 format?

 

I am panicing, can anyone help?

 

Thanks

post #12 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

i upgrade from 16 to 18 and lost all of my settings, is there a way to get my settings from MC16 into MC18.  Also, my library was imported into 18, but I don't see all of my albums, they are in wav format, all I see are a few albums that are in mp3 format?

 

I am panicing, can anyone help?

 

Thanks

 

I think the settings only carried over from MC17 to 18.

 

You should have the MC16 on your PC to refer to for the settings. I still have the MC17. I think you just need to scan for the music files again on MC18

 

Hope you get everything sorted out and functioning properly!

post #13 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

I think the settings only carried over from MC17 to 18.

 

You should have the MC16 on your PC to refer to for the settings. I still have the MC17. I think you just need to scan for the music files again on MC18

 

Hope you get everything sorted out and functioning properly!

 

I did the scan and over 5000 files were imported to MC18, but they were all wav files.....I see some files, mp3 and flac, but the wav files do not show up, nor any of the albums where the wav files are located, so obiously MC18 is useless to my until I get an answer.

post #14 of 276

I have wav files which I don't usually listen to, as they have been converted to flac., and keep it in a separate folder. I just scanned this folder and all the wav files play but just a bit messy as I have no meta data in these files....

 

Did you check wav box when you were installing the MC18? Go to tools > Options > File Types and go through the list to see if you have wav as a file association..

 

Hope this helps a little. To be honest I am not techie at all :(

post #15 of 276

Looks like a tagging issue to me.

JRiver can tag WAV ID3 style but you have to enable it explicitly.

 

In 16, enable WAV tagging http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging

Then use Library Tools > Update Tags from Library

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › JRiver Media Center 18