I'm looking for a good set of closed headphones. I've been recommended many different Headphones, so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I mainly listen to hip-hop, so something with heavier bass would be Ideal.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/15/13 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-PRO700MK2 Vs V Moda Crossfade M-100 Last post on 12/14/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50, ATH-PRO700MK2,V-moda crossfade lp2, or the ultrasone 580/780? Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Closed Headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/22/12 at 4:57pmpost #3 of 512/22/12 at 5:04pmpost #4 of 512/22/12 at 5:45pmI actually just picked up the skull candy mix master mikes for $150 from their website. I would say they sound just as good as my audio technica m50. Just as much bass as my pro700mk2 but the highs of the m50. I am really impressed by them, I do think they are worth it at $150 but not at $300.post #5 of 512/31/12 at 6:39am
I had read a couple reviews here at headfi, and it sparked my interest, so I decided to pick these up the SCMMM for $150 aswell. Ive always been a big fan of underdogs and this usually leads me to being disappointed. However with these i was surprised. My first impression was "I cant believe Skull Candy made these". Ive always tried and laughed at their previous headphones. These are punchy, bassy, tight, the highs arent shrilling or tin sounding like i get with some Ultrasones, and the highs arent drowned out like beats and other celeb "bassy" headphones. In short this hits everything I look for in headphones. I applaud skull candy and hope they will keep going down the route they started with the aviators and MMM.
Im not someone who writes reviews, as you can see, but these headphones impressed me so much I made an account. I have been a long time lurker of Headfi. If you can find these for under $200, get them and be surprised. I know its tough to spend a chunk of change on a company known for looks over quality sound...but youll be surprised with these.
- Closed Headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014) 39 seconds ago
- › [Pls Help] New Amp+DAC or new Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Latest... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 7 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude