or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 119

post #1771 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I loved the RE-400.. but sometimes, the edges of notes were just too 'soft'.. I wanted a little more attack, immediacy, and "PRaT" from them.. H-200 delivers that a little better, IMO.

 

Also agree with the RE-400.  The "softness" is the only "weakness" compared to GOOD $300 level IEMs so I can't really fault it.  The RE-600 improves a lot in that area and IMHO better than H-200 but then again it is priced at $350+

post #1772 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

FAD heaven are made in China. Drivers somewhere else

Heaven V is on par with there imo, if not better

 

damn..... China, Philippines and asking price is what it is? no...... i would not pay even half of that for what i heard.

 

vwinter, i could not care less how many pennies Janapese must have for living, i find FAD sounding very average while i am not willing to pay only for the looks. i also found FAD fit pretty uncomfortable for me.

 

meanwhile another masterpiece you may enjoy and like to use in testing your gear. legendary The Who ..... heard it sang by Limp Bizkit recently and these punks not anywhere close to classics :-(

 

 

and a few more GREATESTS before i go...

 

 

 

 

and now If you have time to watch THE LEGENDARY LEGENDS !!! damn this video makes me melt.... incredible performers.

 

 

and for those craving for something chill modern here is this:


Edited by Gintaras - 7/13/13 at 4:23am
post #1773 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

But calling it overpriced is a little unfair. Their cost of living is what it is. Your implication seems that there should always be people living on pennies so that products can be "not overpriced."

The question is whether the extra money actually goes towards paying more decent wages, or into the company's pockets. 

post #1774 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

damn..... China, Philippines and asking price is what it is? no...... i would not pay even half of that for what i heard.

vwinter, i could not care less how many pennies Janapese must have for living, i find FAD sounding very average while i am not willing to pay only for the looks. i also found FAD fit pretty uncomfortable for me.

1. Isn't Tralucent based in China...?
2. If you don't care then why bring it up in the first place?
3. Where did you hear the Heaven V anyway?

For what it's worth to the Head-Fier looking for recommendations, depending on what's important to you, the Heaven V does certain specific things that most IEMs half the price, the same price, and even three times the price have a hard time following up. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have if you want to PM me because:

4. Sorry H-200 thread guys =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

The question is whether the extra money actually goes towards paying more decent wages, or into the company's pockets. 

You're arguing something else entirely. Something adjacent to my point but not directly at my point. Regardless, your point is valid, with any company. It's often hard to know where the money is going and if you do, are you ok with paying that to get the product.

See point 4 above.
Edited by vwinter - 7/13/13 at 5:01am
post #1775 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


1. Isn't Tralucent based in China...?
2. If you don't care then why bring it up in the first place?
3. Where did you hear the Heaven V anyway?

For what it's worth to the Head-Fier looking for recommendations, depending on what's important to you, the Heaven V does certain specific things that most IEMs half the price, the same price, and even three times the price have a hard time following up. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have if you want to PM me because:

4. Sorry H-200 thread guys =(
You're arguing something else entirely. Something adjacent to my point but not directly at my point. Regardless, your point is valid, with any company. It's often hard to know where the money is going and if you do, are you ok with paying that to get the product.

See point 4 above.

 

vwinter, FOR ME it does NOT matter where IEM was manufactured, it does NOT matter who manufactured it... ALL what matters is SOUND... speaking of which i tried (ok, briefly) a handful of FAD IEMs including their best... and to my own surprise none of them did sound for the money. EVEN IF Star Alien Superior Civilization would be making them i would not be buying.

 

as for the matter of fact i admire Chinese and other Asian peoples a lot, not mention they have the best kitchen and food in the world :-D

 

and i would very much be obliged IF you would refrain from accusing me of phobias, excuse me i never could care less for nationality of anyone since i prefer not even remembering this... i am very tolerant person because i believe in what i do or think.

 

as concerns labour costs this is another issue and is a well known fact. guess why fewer Japanese restaurants in Europe can afford hiring a true Japanese cook? talk to restaurant owners to get your answer. same goes for German labour which i consider for many things overpriced regarding what you get in exchange. nothing against Germany or Germans here... i am not advocating cheap labour but i find Italian, some French, Brit and even Scandivanian goods more worthy compared to German made. same applies to Japan despite their good quality.


Edited by Gintaras - 7/13/13 at 5:55am
post #1776 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

You're arguing something else entirely.

No, it's exactly the point you raised justifying higher prices with higher wages. That wasn't the main point of the whole discussion, though. 

 

And Gintaras, to mark a product 'made in Germany', all that has to have happened in Germany is the final production stage (assembling cars, putting eggs in boxes, etc.). Just a side point. 


Edited by quartertone - 7/13/13 at 6:08am
post #1777 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

damn..... China, Philippines and asking price is what it is? no...... i would not pay even half of that for what i heard.

vwinter, i could not care less how many pennies Janapese must have for living, i find FAD sounding very average while i am not willing to pay only for the looks. i also found FAD fit pretty uncomfortable for me.

meanwhile another masterpiece you may enjoy and like to use in testing your gear. legendary The Who ..... heard it sang by Limp Bizkit recently and these punks not anywhere close to classics :-(




and a few more GREATESTS before i go...










and now If you have time to watch THE LEGENDARY LEGENDS !!! damn this video makes me melt.... incredible performers.




and for those craving for something chill modern here is this:


That Bliss track is exactly my taste, chilled out lounge music with classical twist. Thanks mate, even sounds excellent for a youtube link. Have aquired that track and will listen to later.
You cant base iems with youtube but again not bad at all.
Nice to have an eclectic contact.
How does the H200 sound with that track? An engaging intimate affair? Based on memory.
Stu
post #1778 of 2592
No overhype at all, but at least negative opinion is finally being given by someone who actually heard them instead of just reading a FR. I think the Re400 and H200 are equal technically and in sound quality.
post #1779 of 2592

Sinth, all my music is FLAC or HD, no YouTube... however for reference i put YouTube since people can accustom themselves better with type of music i like and then later buy and download.

 

Bliss is interesting and i have tons of similar very nice sounding chillout... but sometimes when too much sweet i revert back and put my beloved Creedence, or YES or some good old blues which works like an old portowine or rum to chill my nerve wink_face.gif

 

I come from old rock music school and as such i admire every musical talent irrespective of genre.

 

here a few new age and chillout you might find interesting:

 

 

 

 

 

 

and of course these:

 

enjoy weekend and music


Edited by Gintaras - 7/13/13 at 8:21am
post #1780 of 2592

Sinth, you can bet H200 sounds nice with this track, otherwise i never would have bought H200 wink.gif now you try all them with SD3 tongue.gif

 

and one more beautiful song here:


Edited by Gintaras - 7/13/13 at 8:49am
post #1781 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

vwinter, FOR ME it does NOT matter where IEM was manufactured, it does NOT matter who manufactured it... ALL what matters is SOUND... speaking of which i tried (ok, briefly) a handful of FAD IEMs including their best... and to my own surprise none of them did sound for the money. EVEN IF Star Alien Superior Civilization would be making them i would not be buying.

as for the matter of fact i admire Chinese and other Asian peoples a lot, not mention they have the best kitchen and food in the world :-D

and i would very much be obliged IF you would refrain from accusing me of phobias, excuse me i never could care less for nationality of anyone since i prefer not even remembering this... i am very tolerant person because i believe in what i do or think.

as concerns labour costs this is another issue and is a well known fact. guess why fewer Japanese restaurants in Europe can afford hiring a true Japanese cook? talk to restaurant owners to get your answer. same goes for German labour which i consider for many things overpriced regarding what you get in exchange. nothing against Germany or Germans here... i am not advocating cheap labour but i find Italian, some French, Brit and even Scandivanian goods more worthy compared to German made. same applies to Japan despite their good quality.

I really and honestly didn't accuse you of anything and especially not about who you do and don't like or that you like everybody equally or that you don't think about liking or disliking anyones. You made a comment and then an opposing comment that left no middle ground and I may have misunderstood. Regardless, companies can charge whatever they want regardless of what their labor costs are. Whether or not it's a solid business decision is a case to case basis and really irrelevant, especially in this thread. No one said FAD was all about bang for your buck.

Here's where I'm coming from:

My point is that your comment about value especially with no supporting statements or impressions adds nothing constructive. I know you're not really interested in describing sound like we discussed in another thread but it's really counter productive IMO to make value and sound quality statements without supporting them.

I'll get to hear the 1plus2 soon but you won't see me go into the 1p2 thread and talk about "no matter how good they sound they will never be worth more than half of their price because they are not built to a luxury standard befitting of that price." FAD believes you're buying a whole package, with both sides of the coin receiving equal polish. But you aren't adding anything useful by saying they aren't worth half their price because you didn't like them, not saying why, and saying you don't care about build and design.

I just have a hunch that you heard some other Heaven models, not the V, and lumped them all together into a big bowl of one size fits all FAD sucks. Which is disappointing because the V really has that analog sound you seem to like a lot imo, even though the sig appears to be almost opposite of 1p2, which could explain some of your dislike if you did hear them and I'm mistaken.

As an amusing side note, there are two kinds of Japanese food places here: Japanese owned, and non-Japanese owned. The Japanese owned placed have Japanese head chefs and the non-Japanese owned don't. Interestingly, any Japanese food place that is not a sushi place is Japanese owned with Japanese chefs.

I'm done guys, sorry for cluttering up the thread. Gintaras, we obviously have different viewpoints sometimes though I think it's more about how we express them. PM me of you'd like to talk or discuss or argue more lol. I like your taste in music btw. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

No, it's exactly the point you raised justifying higher prices with higher wages. That wasn't the main point of the whole discussion, though. 

I raised a point about raising a point about higher wages creating "overpriced" goods when the world economy has created a situation where there needs to be someone at the bottom to sustain current prices deemed "reasonable" on goods in general. Kind of the same but opposite of what you thought. But what my point was really about was that the original point didn't really add anything.

Your point appears to be about if the assumed higher wages were even legitimate. That's barely the same ballpark.

It wasn't really my point to begin with and it's waaaay off topic for this thread. PM me if you want.
Edited by vwinter - 7/13/13 at 9:25am
post #1782 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

No overhype at all, but at least negative opinion is finally being given by someone who actually heard them instead of just reading a FR. I think the Re400 and H200 are equal technically and in sound quality.

 

Yes, at least he actually took the time to listen this time, as opposed to other times.  Now the next question is, is his comparison to the RE400 from memory, or did he actually switch back and forth.  I know from memory, my impression would be inline with his, but memories fog us and quite frankly, listening and swapping back and forth, they are not.  I agree with you Epic, the RE400 and H-200 are equal in terms of technicality and sound quality. 

post #1783 of 2592

vwinter, no need PM, i understood your point and i can see what you mean clearer now. perhaps i am bit too emotional sometimes about things relate to music and gear i like.

 

yes, you right on many counts... but when it comes to 1+2 i truly believe they are worth every damn cent i paid, no tears.

 

you right perhaps that discussions must be adhered to particular threads, my fault.

 

as concerns music clips i hope none finds them off mark, otherwise i can delete them not to waste space on this forum.

 

and of course i assume we are grown up people here so no hard feelings from my side.

 

i am off to set up a new device in my home rig, curious how this will sound now.

 

happy weekend & many hours of music listen pleasure.

beerchug.gif

post #1784 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Yes, at least he actually took the time to listen this time, as opposed to other times.  Now the next question is, is his comparison to the RE400 from memory, or did he actually switch back and forth.  I know from memory, my impression would be inline with his, but memories fog us and quite frankly, listening and swapping back and forth, they are not.  I agree with you Epic, the RE400 and H-200 are equal in terms of technicality and sound quality. 

beerchug.gif

post #1785 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

If these should be $150 then er4s better be under $100.... but yea I agree IEM pricing is really all over the place.
Are you saying these are better than the er4?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread