or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 112

post #1666 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Overhyped among about five people, maybe...

counting me in this will make 6 of us tongue.gif

post #1667 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

counting me in this will make 6 of us tongue.gif

maybe he was already including you as one of the five. wink.gif

post #1668 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


Yes, got a reply from Kwon; they are finalising the product and will be available hopefully at the end of the month.

Oh, goody goody!

 

Same time as the DX50:)

 

Hopefully their "finalising" means it's better than what it was when it was sold before:)

post #1669 of 2592
Price is far from the be all end all determinant of sound quality. You can't just assume that a massive price tag puts it on another level. You happened to have a really good IEM in the 1p2 that happens to cost a ton, but would it perform worse in your eyes if it cost half of what it does? As the market advances new IEMs come along all the time at fractions of previous prices and show similar enough or even better performance to many.
post #1670 of 2592

Alright. I have updated the title of my review.

 

But I kind of agree that price tag doesn't mean SQ, but at the same time, I disagree.

If the difference in price is big, like H-200 and 1+2, the SQ is better. Can you give me one hp/iem(besides ridiculous things like gold plated headphones) that cost $1000+ that has worst SQ than H-200?

post #1671 of 2592

The "peak" more or less went away for me after 200 hours.. And I'm actually kind of missing it :s

post #1672 of 2592

Has anyone tried H-200 with GS3? They actually go really well together. That's the reason I'm keeping them.

post #1673 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Alright. I have updated the title of my review.

But I kind of agree that price tag doesn't mean SQ, but at the same time, I disagree.
If the difference in price is big, like H-200 and 1+2, the SQ is better. Can you give me one hp/iem(besides ridiculous things like gold plated headphones) that cost $1000+ that has worst SQ than H-200?

Haha there's only like 3 universals that cost over $1000, 4 if you count one that isn't out yet.

I wasn't talking about the H-200 specifically but take say the old totl Shures. A few years later you have the GR07 and EQ5 and the EX600 and so on that are similar enough in overall sound quality, by many accounts, at half the price or less.

No one saw the GR07 coming. The H-200 could have been one of those, but it apparently wasn't, or by some accounts is.

The game has been stepped up by these new TOTL models but give it time.
Edited by vwinter - 7/11/13 at 7:24am
post #1674 of 2592
FWIW, I somewhat agree with kim's review. Soundstage is good, but not the h200's strongpoint.

However, I see that he places more emphasis on a "smoother" sound, which prompts him to give the W4 the nod over the 200. When you've been around here long enough, you begin to understand the preferences of other reviewers, and how you can extrapolate their tastes to yours.
post #1675 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

FWIW, I somewhat agree with kim's review. Soundstage is good, but not the h200's strongpoint.

However, I see that he places more emphasis on a "smoother" sound, which prompts him to give the W4 the nod over the 200. When you've been around here long enough, you begin to understand the preferences of other reviewers, and how you can extrapolate their tastes to yours.

You got me there. My preference is more on smoothness/imaging/clarity/neutrality.

post #1676 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

FWIW, I somewhat agree with kim's review. Soundstage is good, but not the h200's strongpoint.

It is somewhat tip-dependent, though. 

post #1677 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

It is somewhat tip-dependent, though. 

Well, tip doesn't change the sound sig dramatically.

 

For that review, I tried both translucent and black tips.

post #1678 of 2592
Quote:

Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

Sure, but he also rates SQ based on more than just technical factors, including subjective qualities (rather than distinguishing more between objective and subjective as joker does). I'm not challenging his assessment at all, I just wouldn't take anyone's opinion as gospel truth. But his is certainly up there.

 

Rin is reputable as a scientist, but not as a reviewer, because he seemingly can't overcome his scientific principles in the name of musical enjoyment (though he's not quite as dogmatic as you).

 

Isn't sound quality just the assessment of how it reproduces music?  That's the target everyone should be going after, ClieOS seems to do that.  This may not deal with how technical it is either (target flat response). In other words, he doesn't assume there is a technical signature that is the best.  I may have misread your meaning by this. 

 

I don't want to get into Rin, his measurements are great, some of his analysis are.  However, all of his reviews tend to hold a strong bias, whether its positive or not is up to him (opposite of being scientific).  I don't want to push this subject any further, so I'll end with this, science is the act of letting all the facts support create your world view, not finding the distinct facts to support your pre-determined world view.

post #1679 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

It all depends from what IEM you coming to H200. when you compare stage on RDB+v1 to H200 you cannot help yourself thinking how more spacious this is on V1.

 

H200 has a good stage and imaging but it will not unseat higher calibre IEMs. i found H200 stage relatively narrower and more into your ears (face). 3D and imaging are fairly good on H200 but again you have to hear better IEMs before placing conclusions. I find layering and imaging good for the money but not last word in sonics.

 

Bass is fairly decent on H200 but some fine details can be eaten down on busy percussion swings because H200 sounds a bit warmer and also leans towards mid centric presentation so no surprise here.

 

Trebles are good but again i find them not as nearly as naturally extended as on the higher end models, and sometimes i feel there is a bit of mash crisp sound in the upper frequences which can be aggressive.

 

where I agree with H20 is that for 250$ H200 outperforms nearly every competitor i have heard and it will be impossible to find a better offering unless you want to pay 400$+

this is why Clios put H200 high on his value for money list to which i fully subscribe.

 

just please do not compare H200 costing 250$ to IEMs costing much more. i assume fair comparison for them goes in the price range 150-400$ and for this i find H200 being a true GEM and a deal maker.

 

and i would NOT call H200 overhyped because this is darn good IEM for the price which lives well up to the promise and will not disappoint UNLESS you bump into a fit issue which is the only possible deal breaker on this IEM.

 

I like that assessment. Of course, I haven't heard more expensive iem's, so the H-200's are like Nirvana to me lol. I do though have the CKS1000's which I find are also quite amazing for the price.

 

My 1cent's worth:

 

Re Soundstage:  This I find to be true: "i found H200 stage relatively narrower and more into your ears (face). 3D and imaging are fairly good". That "in your ears (face)" quality is one of the things that I love about the H-200's actually. Very engaging in that way. The H-200's don't have the soundstage depth and layering of the CKS1000's, but having said that, the H-200's soundstage is very nice.

 

Re Dip: I don't know if I notice that at all (or if I do, it doesn't bother affect my enjoyment of them).

 

Re Peak: At first I noticed it a bit - I suppose I am sensitive to it. But since switching to the MH1C large tips, it's gone for me (or possibly it is because of continued burn in - up to 90 hours). I am also getting a better seal and fit with those tips, and the music really has come alive for me in a beautiful way.

 

The important thing for me is how much I am enjoying the H-200's. I am very happy with them - they have stopped my upgrade-itis in it's tracks for the foreseeable future. I am greatly looking forward to pairing them with the C3+BH, and also looking forward to possibly getting the cable upgraded. I just really love these H-200's!

post #1680 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

OK. I guess it's not really overhyped. I'll change the title. Any suggestions?

How about better than $1200 CIEMs? I was told they outperformed the Heir Audio 8A - by someone who had never heard the 8A - that could be described as moving the needle to one side a bit.biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread