or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 110

post #1636 of 2592
I disagree with the fairness in that review, I'm sorry, it felt like there was some motive behind it or negativity. I think H-200 has proven itself within the community by reputable members who can be found through out pages of this thread. Even those who completely disagree on the previous H-100 have given the all clear. I mean if I was going to take anyone opinion on H-200 that would be ClieOS who has has placed them 2nd in his IEM list, ClieOS does not beat around the bush. I appreciate the time taken for writing it up, but disagree on the fairness, the talk of hype and tone of the review.

And especially the review title itself.

Here's ClieOS list.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-clieoss-list





By all means everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to agree on it.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/11/13 at 1:42am
post #1637 of 2592

Rin who is also very reputable doesn't rate him very high, though he thinks it's a solid product. I would see if it stands the test of time, still too new. "Reputable" reviewers also rated the SM3 very high and it has basically disappeared, many other examples. 


Edited by Inks - 7/11/13 at 1:43am
post #1638 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Rin who is also very reputable doesn't rate him very high, though he thinks it's a solid product. I would see if it stands the test of time, still too new. "Reputable" reviewers also rated the SM3 very high and it has basically disappeared, many other examples. 

Well, we did see what you, Rinny and the boys did to the SM3's, now did we not?:)

"Reputable" Lol

post #1639 of 2592

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

I think it was the peak and the dip that made me rate the H-200 low(although 4 star isn't low).

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I disagree with the fairness in that review, I'm sorry, it felt like there was some motive behind it or negativity. I think H-200 has proven itself within the community by reputable members who can be found through out pages of this thread. Even those who completely disagree on the previous H-100 have given the all clear. I mean if I was going to take anyone opinion on H-200 that would be ClieOS who has has placed them 2nd in his IEM list, ClieOS does not beat around the bush. I appreciate the time taken for writing it up, but disagree on the fairness, the talk of hype and tone of the review.

And especially the review title itself.

Here's ClieOS list.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-clieoss-list

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 




By all means everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to agree on it.

I do, however, think that your review (Kimvictor) was expressing something that wasn't there..the "hype" behind it. Compared to other threads that have been hyped before, I wouldn't consider this one "over" hyped. 

post #1640 of 2592

Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Well, we did see what you, Rinny and the boys did to the SM3's, now did we not?:)

"Reputable" Lol

 

Neither of us reviewed the SM3s [Though I've had it before]............. the SM64s were the ones Rin reviewed...


Edited by Inks - 7/11/13 at 1:49am
post #1641 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

I don't agree about the soundstage, I think it's amply large and has a nice sense of depth too. Regarding the spikes, did you try foams? They do help.

 

It all depends from what IEM you coming to H200. when you compare stage on RDB+v1 to H200 you cannot help yourself thinking how more spacious this is on V1.

 

H200 has a good stage and imaging but it will not unseat higher calibre IEMs. i found H200 stage relatively narrower and more into your ears (face). 3D and imaging are fairly good on H200 but again you have to hear better IEMs before placing conclusions. I find layering and imaging good for the money but not last word in sonics.

 

Bass is fairly decent on H200 but some fine details can be eaten down on busy percussion swings because H200 sounds a bit warmer and also leans towards mid centric presentation so no surprise here.

 

Trebles are good but again i find them not as nearly as naturally extended as on the higher end models, and sometimes i feel there is a bit of mash crisp sound in the upper frequences which can be aggressive.

 

where I agree with H20 is that for 250$ H200 outperforms nearly every competitor i have heard and it will be impossible to find a better offering unless you want to pay 400$+

this is why Clios put H200 high on his value for money list to which i fully subscribe.

 

just please do not compare H200 costing 250$ to IEMs costing much more. i assume fair comparison for them goes in the price range 150-400$ and for this i find H200 being a true GEM and a deal maker.

 

and i would NOT call H200 overhyped because this is darn good IEM for the price which lives well up to the promise and will not disappoint UNLESS you bump into a fit issue which is the only possible deal breaker on this IEM.


Edited by Gintaras - 7/11/13 at 1:52am
post #1642 of 2592
I don't really mind what happens in this thread, you can evaluate H-200 all you guys want too. I like them, I think they're pretty cool, I don't think they're the end to all though or completely perfect. I just wanted to point out I disagree on KimVictors review. No grudge, not upset I simply don't agree, which is something you can hardly say around here these days without being pulled up.

I'm out of here.... wink.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/11/13 at 1:50am
post #1643 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Neither of us reviewed the SM3s [Though I've had it before]............. the SM64s were the ones Rin reviewed...

Ah, my bad. The SM64's.

post #1644 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I don't really mind what happens in this thread, you can evaluate H-200 all you guys want too. I like them, I think they're pretty cool, I don't think they're the end to all though or completely perfect. I just wanted to point out I disagree on KimVictors review. No grudge, not upset I simply don't agree, which is something you can hardly say around here these days without being pulled up.

I'm out of here.... wink.gif

Yeah, I'll take your word and also agree with that. 

 

I found them to be a nice little cheap, yet effective pair of IEMs for the price. They serve me well, and I have yet to start looking for another IEM, so I guess that's a good start to them being good for me. biggrin.gif

 

I too, am outta here.

post #1645 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I don't really mind what happens in this thread, you can evaluate H-200 all you guys want too. I like them, I think they're pretty cool, I don't think they're the end to all though or completely perfect. I just wanted to point out I disagree on KimVictors review. No grudge, not upset I simply don't agree, which is something you can hardly say around here these days without being pulled up.

I'm out of here.... wink.gif

 

H20, liking and evaluating are not necessarily one and the same.

 

i love H200 a lot, so much that if something has to go on sale this will be famous v1 but not H200... hehe... i have 1+2 for that matter.

 

however evaluating them i can see both benefits and limitations. one issue i keep on mention is fit because we seen a few fellas selling them exactly because of fit and this is something potential buyers must be aware. this was even worse with famous TF10 but this did not stop millions of lovers who bought TF10. it is just informing people about possible stoppers.

 

as for me H200 is the best sounding IEM on the budget up to 300$, period and i love everything about this IEM starting from package content and coming to make quality feel and sonics.

post #1646 of 2592

Just saying this, but I never rated the H-200 low. 4 star is far from low. It's above average. What I wanted to say was that soundstage isn't a major merit as it's clarity and bass it. The peak and the dip? That's a fact. It's clearly audible, and measurements show that way too. Also, I personally think that there is a bit of overhype. Sure, it has one of the best clarity(I've mentioned that before), but it's peak makes the upper mid sibilant, which is unpleasant.

post #1647 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I don't really mind what happens in this thread, you can evaluate H-200 all you guys want too. I like them, I think they're pretty cool, I don't think they're the end to all though or completely perfect. I just wanted to point out I disagree on KimVictors review. No grudge, not upset I simply don't agree, which is something you can hardly say around here these days without being pulled up.

I'm out of here.... wink.gif

Just a quick question. What part of the review do you not agree on?

post #1648 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Just a quick question. What part of the review do you not agree on?

If you read my post top of the page, my last sentence will tell you.
post #1649 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


If you read my post top of the page, my last sentence will tell you.

OK. I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but just what part of my review was so negative? I mean I truly praised the H-200 for awesome clarity and deep bass. Peak and dip? It's there! It's a fact, not an opinion. Soundstage? I've never seen someone praise the H-200 for having outstanding soundstage either. I felt like it was a solid choice, and I did say that I do recommend these iems. Where are you guys getting the negativity?

post #1650 of 2592
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I mean if I was going to take anyone opinion on H-200 that would be ClieOS who has has placed them 2nd in his IEM list, ClieOS does not beat around the bush.

 

Sure, but he also rates SQ based on more than just technical factors, including subjective qualities (rather than distinguishing more between objective and subjective as joker does). I'm not challenging his assessment at all, I just wouldn't take anyone's opinion as gospel truth. But his is certainly up there.

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Rin who is also very reputable doesn't rate him very high, though he thinks it's a solid product. I would see if it stands the test of time, still too new. "Reputable" reviewers also rated the SM3 very high and it has basically disappeared, many other examples. 

 

Rin is reputable as a scientist, but not as a reviewer, because he seemingly can't overcome his scientific principles in the name of musical enjoyment (though he's not quite as dogmatic as you). 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

where I agree with H20 is that for 250$ H200 outperforms nearly every competitor i have heard and it will be impossible to find a better offering unless you want to pay 400$+

this is why Clios put H200 high on his value for money list to which i fully subscribe.

 

That's not just a value for money list, it's also SQ as such.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread