Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 33

post #481 of 2552
I bit on these a few days ago. Thanks to all who provided me with a much needed push. Regardless of how they sound, I'm equipped to push them to the next level. I'll report back as soon as they've arrived with first impressions.
post #482 of 2552

This H-200 has really opened up. It's pushing right behind the CKS1000 (and I mean close) in enjoyment factor. Details are really pushing through from end to end.

post #483 of 2552

I hinted at this earlier.. but after about 50 hours of use, I noticed the H-200 does open up a bit.

 

OOTB, the H-200 is a very smooth sounding phone.. almost too smooth.. to the point some details get glossed or 'clouded' over.  I had sold all my IEMs prior to the H-200 arriving.. so the H-200 has been the only IEM I have been using for the past two plus weeks.  I mention this because I feel I've (psychoacoustically) adjusted to H-200's sound quite well.. and that any changes in sound I (would potentially) perceive wouldn't be due to some psychological trigger or expectation bias: I enjoyed these phones from the moment they arrived and wasn't really 'looking' or 'hoping' for some kind of improvement (real or imagined).  After all, most of my time is spent with the HD800 anyways.

 

I've been listening with my same sources and tracks/albums over the past two weeks, as well and late last week, I noticed the H-200 sounded noticeably less compressed and more dynamic in nature.  The midrange sounded more open, treble was cleaner & more articulate (less outright smooth & 'glossy').  The bass, too, was tighter and more dynamic.  Most notably, the midbass was less thick and the phone sounded less warm, in general.  In terms of the presentation, it sounded less distant (I felt closer to the 'stage'/performance.. but it certainly didn't feel overly 'intimate'.. like I was right on stage).  These changes weren't significant.. but were certainly distinguishable, IME.  The H-200 simply sounded better to my ears.

 

I'm not interested in starting a burn-in debate (cause that's really what HeadFi needs, right?).. just reporting on my experience.  I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool believer of it (on either side).. just that I have experienced it to varying degrees (on various phones).

post #484 of 2552

Eric, Flysweep, totally agree. I only have about 20 hours on them (all listening) and are smoothing out very nicely indeed. Yes amped and I am using Comply foam tips (my canals are too big for the tips supplied) but my initial harshness at the top end of the mids has pretty much vanished.

 

I have tried the red cable 3 times now and it IS harsher than the black. Agreed debates about cables etc is something we do not need but if that is placebo then I believe in placebo.

 

Radiohead - House of Cards - Very nice.

 

May as well shove another 8 hours on them while I am asleep ;-) Have a Mundorff LOD coming tomorrow, obviously will sound identical to my Fii0.

post #485 of 2552

Just to chime in, I have been running pink noise as well as music through mine for probably about 50-70 hours now and the difference is quite noticeable to me.  What I perceived as "peakiness" before seems to have tamed out and the sound is more cohesive.  Looking forward to getting a full 200 hrs of burn in on these.  As stated already though the change is slight but definitely noticeable. 
 

post #486 of 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

Eric, Flysweep, totally agree. I only have about 20 hours on them (all listening) and are smoothing out very nicely indeed. Yes amped and I am using Comply foam tips (my canals are too big for the tips supplied) but my initial harshness at the top end of the mids has pretty much vanished.

 

I have tried the red cable 3 times now and it IS harsher than the black. Agreed debates about cables etc is something we do not need but if that is placebo then I believe in placebo.

 

Radiohead - House of Cards - Very nice.

 

May as well shove another 8 hours on them while I am asleep ;-) Have a Mundorff LOD coming tomorrow, obviously will sound identical to my Fii0.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I hinted at this earlier.. but after about 50 hours of use, I noticed the H-200 does open up a bit.

 

OOTB, the H-200 is a very smooth sounding phone.. almost too smooth.. to the point some details get glossed or 'clouded' over.  I had sold all my IEMs prior to the H-200 arriving.. so the H-200 has been the only IEM I have been using for the past two plus weeks.  I mention this because I feel I've (psychoacoustically) adjusted to H-200's sound quite well.. and that any changes in sound I (would potentially) perceive wouldn't be due to some psychological trigger or expectation bias: I enjoyed these phones from the moment they arrived and wasn't really 'looking' or 'hoping' for some kind of improvement (real or imagined).  After all, most of my time is spent with the HD800 anyways.

 

I've been listening with my same sources and tracks/albums over the past two weeks, as well and late last week, I noticed the H-200 sounded noticeably less compressed and more dynamic in nature.  The midrange sounded more open, treble was cleaner & more articulate (less outright smooth & 'glossy').  The bass, too, was tighter and more dynamic.  Most notably, the midbass was less thick and the phone sounded less warm, in general.  In terms of the presentation, it sounded less distant (I felt closer to the 'stage'/performance.. but it certainly didn't feel overly 'intimate'.. like I was right on stage).  These changes weren't significant.. but were certainly distinguishable, IME.  The H-200 simply sounded better to my ears.

 

I'm not interested in starting a burn-in debate (cause that's really what HeadFi needs, right?).. just reporting on my experience.  I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool believer of it (on either side).. just that I have experienced it to varying degrees (on various phones).

Yes, after the bass opened up it seemed to have given room for the rest of the signature to expand. Treble is nice and shimmery (just shy of being harsh), but I'm really loving the space around piano. For me, bass stops just shy of not being enough for me. It's tight and detailed. I wouldn't call it basshead bass at all, but the sub-bass is there with good punch, but not a lot to knock the sound signature out of it's neutral leaning. So while I don't think it's better than the CKS1000 (those dual chambers give my favorite universal right now imaging and separation I haven't heard in a universal earphone before), the H-200 is pushing so close. Call it burn-in or whatever, something changed in the sound to my ears, and I'm enjoying that sound more. 

Sinth, you might be right about the cables. I will have to listen for that more. I had was digging the some long white Monster foam hybrid tips for the best sound (I need long tips for these or I can't get a good fit and/or seal), but settled for the green large Auvios (actually a bit taller than the Auvio-looking tips that came with the earphone). Great great bang for you buck at $200

post #487 of 2552
Might have to sell my Yamaha EPH100 and Sony MDR-V55 for these.

Just gotta convince myself that it's worth it lol
post #488 of 2552
@owners of Colorfly C3, pairing H200 with C3 is marriage in heaven. i spinned quite a few records on C3 using H200 and i even did not bother about amp, so good H200 was alone with C3. fantastic combo at fatntastic price IMHO, this makes H200 a no-brainer for anyone who got C3.
post #489 of 2552

Since I don't have a second pair (though I am really considering getting one...) to compare, I cannot say that this is anything other than brain burn. But all of my earlier complaints about a lack of clarity and over emphasized mids are gone. I haven't tried them again with foam tips yet, but they are smooth and sound wonderful now.

 

Burn-in, maybe. Brain burn, maybe. Who cares, these punch way above their weight. If you haven't already, buy a pair now. Like literally right now. Stop what you're doing, head over to Paypal and order a pair. I don't care if your house is currently on fire (in which case, you wouldn't be reading this post anyway), because do you know what else is on fire? This introductory price at just $200, that's what. 

post #490 of 2552
T-Peos did mention burning H-200 in was rather important during our conversations, I recommended doing so in my early impressions after it was mentioned but didn't push the idea with such mixed feelings on the whole 'process', possibly the crossovers are settling. It's good to see many members coming forward hearing similar changes. I should have my pair back this week sometime
post #491 of 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post

Since I don't have a second pair (though I am really considering getting one...) to compare, I cannot say that this is anything other than brain burn. But all of my earlier complaints about a lack of clarity and over emphasized mids are gone. I haven't tried them again with foam tips yet, but they are smooth and sound wonderful now.

 

Burn-in, maybe. Brain burn, maybe. Who cares, these punch way above their weight. If you haven't already, buy a pair now. Like literally right now. Stop what you're doing, head over to Paypal and order a pair. I don't care if your house is currently on fire (in which case, you wouldn't be reading this post anyway), because do you know what else is on fire? This introductory price at just $200, that's what. 

 

It's too late now, but you could have compared to another static headphone (any, so long as it's not been used and already "burned in").  If the differences in signature changed (EG, bass went from heavier than the other headphone to lighter), then you'd know it wasn't your brain.

post #492 of 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

It's too late now, but you could have compared to another static headphone (any, so long as it's not been used and already "burned in").  If the differences in signature changed (EG, bass went from heavier than the other headphone to lighter), then you'd know it wasn't your brain.

 

I think that's way too subjective still, as that relies on memory of the differences before, and since the issue is that human brains can't be trusted, that wouldn't help. I think the only way to do this definitively is to test a burned in pair vs an unused one. If I do in fact get a second, I'll be sure to do these tests including ABX.

post #493 of 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post

 

I think that's way too subjective still, as that relies on memory of the differences before, and since the issue is that human brains can't be trusted, that wouldn't help. I think the only way to do this definitively is to test a burned in pair vs an unused one. If I do in fact get a second, I'll be sure to do these tests including ABX.

 

Well, we compare at distinct points still...  Like my example of the bass...  If the bass levels drop to the point where what was once more bass heavy isn't anymore, we know something happened.  Binary statements (T/F) can be used as they can be recorded as absolutes.  It wouldn't rely on memory any longer :p 

post #494 of 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Well, we compare at distinct points still...  Like my example of the bass...  If the bass levels drop to the point where what was once more bass heavy isn't anymore, we know something happened.  Binary statements (T/F) can be used as they can be recorded as absolutes.  It wouldn't rely on memory any longer :p 

 

I don't even trust my memory for that to be honest. If it was within a few minutes or hours at most, I might, but over the course of days, I don't think the human brain is reliable enough even for level of comparison.

post #495 of 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post

 

I don't even trust my memory for that to be honest. If it was within a few minutes or hours at most, I might, but over the course of days, I don't think the human brain is reliable enough even for level of comparison.

 

So you don't feel that the human brain is capable of remembering, the mid-bass on headphone x was louder than on headphone y?  Even if you note it down? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread