Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 19

post #271 of 2550

Thanks and lets see what happens when they are released. A fun gamble.

post #272 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

*fazed (for future reference),

 

and I agree with you that graphs don't tell the whole story. Unfortunately, they did in the case of the H-100. They seem to be going in the exact same direction with the 200, following some phantom idea of an ideal curve that most find unlistenable. They're the ones following the graph.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael K View Post

 

Actually, T-PEOS has contacted to Seeko instead of Golden Ears.

T-PEOS will no longer contact to Golden Ears.

Seems they are now partnered with Seeko for 200 and this might change the way it is designed and tuned. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

post #273 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

Thanks and lets see what happens when they are released. A fun gamble.

+1 My feelings exactly!

post #274 of 2550

** The eagle has landed **

 

 

 

The housing is larger than I expected.  It feels quite robust though and despite its size, it's surprisingly light.  A red & black cable is supplied.  The black cable has the iPhone controls.  I've got an Android phone though and haven't tested compatibility with it yet.  Strain reliefs at both ends of the cable are good, not great.  I'd be more concerned with the reliefs (more specifically the cable that meets the relief) at the end that plugs into the housing since the wire is thinner there.  The black cable is cloth lined below the y-split.  The red cable is rubber from end to end.  Personally, I would've liked to see the cloth cabling below the y-split on the red cable.. but the "all rubber" red cable isn't dysfunctionally bad or anything.  The detachable cable plugs quite securely into the IEM housing.  You'll know it's fully inserted with a slight 'click.'  T-PEOS did a good job with this mechanism & there's no risk that the cable might abruptly come unplugged (unless you tugged on it quite fiercely).

 

I wear the H-200 cable down.  It is possible to wear them cable up (over the ear) depending on your inner/outer ear geometry.  Due to the shell size and plastic 'ring' in the middle of the housing barrel:

 

 

..I don't think you could get an exceedingly 'deep fit' (i.e. something you could get with many micro driver IEMs (like the VSonic VC02) & Etys) with the H-200.  From my listening experience so far, a deep fit is not required for these to sound 'right.'  There's a veritable plethora of tips provided but I haven't even swapped/tested any of them since the (silicone) set that came installed on them were a perfect fit for my ears.  The red-colored foam tips might be of interest to many since they seem identical in shape to the stock (single flange) VSonic GR07 tips (which I liked a lot).  Provided the correct tips are installed, the phones "lock" into place quite quickly & the comfort is excellent.  I didn't have to fiddle with H-200 shell's insertion angle, depth, etc. (as I did the H-100), either.  As far as build, fit, and comfort are concerned (for the price), I'm pleased.  It isn't the best out there, but it's certainly serviceable and exceeded expectations in some areas.

 

My (very brief) listening so far has been done with my desktop rig (the Violectric V800/V200 stack) & (unamped) Galaxy S3.  So far, the H-200 sounds quite neutral to slightly warm.  No one freq. range sounds noticeably boosted (or recessed) over another.  This also applies to the ** wait for it ** midrange.  I can confidently say the H-200's midrange is not recessed.. as it was on the H-100.  It isn't forward either.. so far, it sounds quite neutral in terms of positioning.  Another area that's noticeably different (from the H-100) is the H-200's treble.  It's much smoother and more neutral than the treble on it's predecessor.  Those who found the H-100's treble peaky, fatiguing, and unnaturally bright will welcome the H-200's treble tuning.  It's crisp, clean, and possesses good sparkle.. but is nowhere near as bright, peaky, or emphasized as the H-100's treble.  Bass has good speed, punch, and clarity.  Again, it sounds mostly linear to my ears.  The midbass.. relative to the lower midbass & sub bass.. has a full, balanced presence.  This was another quality that many found lacking in the H-100.  The better midbass presence gives the midrange the needed depth & fullness the H-100's midrange seemed to lack.

 

Overall, the H-200 sounds warmer and much better balanced vs the H-100.  The H-200 doesn't sound thin, nasally, or v-shaped.. which is how the H-100 was characterized by many.  I tend to agree that many of the issues that plagued the H-100's tuning were addressed on the H-200.  To what extent?  We'll have a better idea of that as consensus is formed.  So far, I can say I'm enjoying the H-200's sound.  Take these impressions with a grain of salt as I've only been listening for an hour or so.  After more hours logged on the h-200 and report back with more impressions soon.


Edited by FlySweep - 4/23/13 at 2:18pm
post #275 of 2550

But does it come in a neat wooden box?

post #276 of 2550
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

But does it come in a neat wooden box?

 

LOL.  I don't know if there will be a box for sure.  The T-PEOS rep I spoke with a couple of weeks ago & from whom I got the review sample mentioned the accessories for the RTM (released-to-masses) H-200 hadn't been completely finalized yet.  So it's quite likely there will be a sexy, wooden box for the RTM H-200.

post #277 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

** The eagle has landed **

 

Overall, the H-200 sounds warmer and much better balanced vs the H-100.  The H-200 doesn't sound thin, nasally, or v-shaped.. which is how the H-100 was characterized by many.  I tend to agree that many of the issues that plagued the H-100's tuning were addressed on the H-200.  To what extent?  We'll have a better idea of that as consensus is formed.  So far, I can say I'm enjoying the H-200's sound.  Take these impressions with a grain of salt as I've only been listening for an hour or so.  After more hours logged on the h-200 and report back with more impressions soon.

 

Thanks for the early 1st impressions! I know more reports are needed including more time on your part to get a consensus evaluation but this is a great start. 

post #278 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

LOL.  I don't know if there will be a box for sure.  The T-PEOS rep I spoke with a couple of weeks ago & from whom I got the review sample mentioned the accessories for the RTM (released-to-masses) H-200 hadn't been completely finalized yet.  So it's quite likely there will be a sexy, wooden box for the RTM H-200.

Then we can all agree that the "presentation" of these IEM's will be expansive! biggrin.gif

post #279 of 2550
I have some concerns about that black ridge sticking out either side of the housing, I worry it may push straight on my Pinna and cause discomfort, I hope that isn't the case.

I'm glad to read FlySweep's first impressions are positive, especially around the mid range, as I've said vocals pained me in the end with H-100. I'm staying completely on the fence for now, as my review pair are being rushed over via FedEx as I'm typing, I should be able to chime in over the weekend sometime.


I'm not 100% sure if this packaging is final, I imagine close to what RTM will be.





post #280 of 2550
Thread Starter 

My H-200 are also here! I gave them a quick listen as soon as took them out of the box, and from the breif contact I had, one word comes to mind about their sound: balanced! I can say I'm very impressed with their sound (H-100 haters and FR graph lovers can rest, as they're completely apart from the H-100), as they're fairly neutral and very detailed, and again, very well balanced across the frequency range. Build quality seems good, as they feel pretty solid and strangely light. The cable connectors also impressed me, as it's the first time I have an IEM with this kind of connector and it seems very well made. They're currently under burn-in until they reach the 50 hour mark, and only after that will I give them some serious listening time and write my initial impressions about them (sound, fit, build quality and accessories), which should happen during the next weekend... smile.gif

 

Some eye candy:

post #281 of 2550

Thanks for the early impression, I just ordered mine, will be my first hybrid.

post #282 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I'm glad to read FlySweep's first impressions are positive, especially around the mid range, as I've said vocals pained me in the end with H-100. I'm staying completely on the fence for now, as my review pair are being rushed over via FedEx as I'm typing, I should be able to chime in over the weekend sometime.

 

 

...and I will wait here...

 

wink_face.gif

 

Flysweep's impression has defo piqued my interest...

post #283 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

My H-200 are also here! I gave them a quick listen as soon as took them out of the box, and from the breif contact I had, one word comes to mind about their sound: balanced! I can say I'm very impressed with their sound (H-100 haters and FR graph lovers can rest, as they're completely apart from the H-100), as they're fairly neutral and very detailed, and again, very well balanced across the frequency range. Build quality seems good, as they feel pretty solid and strangely light. The cable connectors also impressed me, as it's the first time I have an IEM with this kind of connector and it seems very well made. They're currently under burn-in until they reach the 50 hour mark, and only after that will I give them some serious listening time and write my initial impressions about them (sound, fit, build quality and accessories), which should happen during the next weekend... smile.gif

 

Some eye candy:

 

Balanced sound is good to know...but how does it scale against similar priced IEM like GR07, TF10 etc (sound).... does Hybrid bring in any advantage, and it would not be fair to compare against akg k3003i price difference it too big

post #284 of 2550

the housing looks oversized, I wonder what is that ring for

post #285 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

** The eagle has landed **

 

 

 

The housing is larger than I expected.  It feels quite robust though and despite its size, it's surprisingly light.  A red & black cable is supplied.  The black cable has the iPhone controls.  I've got an Android phone though and haven't tested compatibility with it yet.  Strain reliefs at both ends of the cable are good, not great.  I'd be more concerned with the reliefs (more specifically the cable that meets the relief) at the end that plugs into the housing since the wire is thinner there.  The black cable is cloth lined below the y-split.  The red cable is rubber from end to end.  Personally, I would've liked to see the cloth cabling below the y-split on the red cable.. but the "all rubber" red cable isn't dysfunctionally bad or anything.  The detachable cable plugs quite securely into the IEM housing.  You'll know it's fully inserted with a slight 'click.'  T-PEOS did a good job with this mechanism & there's no risk that the cable might abruptly come unplugged (unless you tugged on it quite fiercely).

 

I wear the H-200 cable down.  It is possible to wear them cable up (over the ear) depending on your inner/outer ear geometry.  Due to the shell size and plastic 'ring' in the middle of the housing barrel:

 

 

..I don't think you could get an exceedingly 'deep fit' (i.e. something you could get with many micro driver IEMs (like the VSonic VC02) & Etys) with the H-200.  From my listening experience so far, a deep fit is not required for these to sound 'right.'  There's a veritable plethora of tips provided but I haven't even swapped/tested any of them since the (silicone) set that came installed on them were a perfect fit for my ears.  The red-colored foam tips might be of interest to many since they seem identical in shape to the stock (single flange) VSonic GR07 tips (which I liked a lot).  Provided the correct tips are installed, the phones "lock" into place quite quickly & the comfort is excellent.  I didn't have to fiddle with H-200 shell's insertion angle, depth, etc. (as I did the H-100), either.  As far as build, fit, and comfort are concerned (for the price), I'm pleased.  It isn't the best out there, but it's certainly serviceable and exceeded expectations in some areas.

 

My (very brief) listening so far has been done with my desktop rig (the Violectric V800/V200 stack) & (unamped) Galaxy S3.  So far, the H-200 sounds quite neutral to slightly warm.  No one freq. range sounds noticeably boosted (or recessed) over another.  This also applies to the ** wait for it ** midrange.  I can confidently say the H-200's midrange is not recessed.. as it was on the H-100.  It isn't forward either.. so far, it sounds quite neutral in terms of positioning.  Another area that's noticeably different (from the H-100) is the H-200's treble.  It's much smoother and more neutral than the treble on it's predecessor.  Those who found the H-100's treble peaky, fatiguing, and unnaturally bright will welcome the H-200's treble tuning.  It's crisp, clean, and possesses good sparkle.. but is nowhere near as bright, peaky, or emphasized as the H-100's treble.  Bass has good speed, punch, and clarity.  Again, it sounds mostly linear to my ears.  The midbass.. relative to the lower midbass & sub bass.. has a full, balanced presence.  This was another quality that many found lacking in the H-100.  The better midbass presence gives the midrange the needed depth & fullness the H-100's midrange seemed to lack.

 

Overall, the H-200 sounds warmer and much better balanced vs the H-100.  The H-200 doesn't sound thin, nasally, or v-shaped.. which is how the H-100 was characterized by many.  I tend to agree that many of the issues that plagued the H-100's tuning were addressed on the H-200.  To what extent?  We'll have a better idea of that as consensus is formed.  So far, I can say I'm enjoying the H-200's sound.  Take these impressions with a grain of salt as I've only been listening for an hour or so.  After more hours logged on the h-200 and report back with more impressions soon.

 Nice review FlySweep! Looking forward to additional impressions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread