Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 159

post #2371 of 2550

Just ordered T-Peos' silver coated cables for h200. Wonder how they'll do for me.

post #2372 of 2550

How should I make the silver cables straight instead of over ear? Do I cut out the extra plastic tubing around the curved area or do I just use a flat hair iron over it?

post #2373 of 2550
I think H20 used a blow dryer to straighthen out the earhooks.
post #2374 of 2550

Yup. Wave a hair dryer over the hoops one at time while holding the cable by each connector in the air. The weight of the cable and jack will pull them straight, they're very light weight hoops and easily remould. 

post #2375 of 2550

Im really thinking about getting these ($250 on Amazon) They are somewhat close in price to the Sennheiser 558 (which i own). How do these compare? or is this an apple and oranges thing?

I really don't like the 558's as they are open and lack any real sub bass. Can i expect a substantial sound quality boost for the H200's?

post #2376 of 2550

Lol. H-200 destroy 558 and even 598 in terms of technical capability. It's just that 558 sounds much warmer and mellower while H-200 sounds exciting and fun. H-200 has superb sub bass.

post #2377 of 2550
^ +1
post #2378 of 2550

Just got the upgradable cables from T-peos. Silver coated 7n OCC. Oh...its sooo nice...

post #2379 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post

Just got the upgradable cables from T-peos. Silver coated 7n OCC. Oh...its sooo nice...

Is that the one I reviewed? The silver plated copper or alloy silver?. How's the flexibility? tongue.gif more importantly what do you think of the sound changes?
post #2380 of 2550

I tried silver and SPC and it made it more colder/ analytical which was not what I wanted...wanted to add some warmth and smooth out the harshness so I went with copper.

 

post #2381 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

I tried silver and SPC and it made it more colder/ analytical which was not what I wanted...wanted to add some warmth and smooth out the harshness so I went with copper.

 

Make me one of those, will ya? :smile:

post #2382 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Make me one of those, will ya? smile.gif

Sure when I get some more wire.
post #2383 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Is that the one I reviewed? The silver plated copper or alloy silver?. How's the flexibility? tongue.gif more importantly what do you think of the sound changes?

I saw your review but the cable I have seems to have similarities and differences to both of the cables you reviewed. I ordered these straight from t-peos' home page since I live in Korea. The cable is flexible but unfortunately seems to be slightly more sensitive to microphonics than the red or black cable that the h200 originally comes with and I wear mine over the ears. The cable build quality is excellent. It does not look cheap at all. No tacky glue marks and no colored tape or anything of the sort like the one you had reviewed. The plug is exactly the same. I know they weren't able to produce these for a while because they were out of stock on resources to make them. They just restocked last monday. Maybe this one is a different issue not sure.

 

As for the sound changes, for me, the most noticeable quality is the improvement of fullness and clarity which seems to be effected most in the highs. Slightly less sibilance. I actually don't mind when there's a little bit of sibilance but not when the texture of high-hats, crashes/splashes start to disappear and all you hear is the sharp shhhhh chhhhh sounds. It sounds better with these cables but it would be better if there was a just little less sibilance. These cables don't change the sound/high-mid-low balance of the h200's significantly. Just improves the overall fullness, clarity and detail like I mentioned.

 

I'd say its definitely worth $50 (total) which is how much it cost in Korea. In Korea, the cable goes into production after you place the order because not a lot of people buy them. It took exactly a week for order processing, production (approx. 5 days) and shipping (2 days). Customer service was really kind to explain everything to me. Quite satisfied.

 

Here is a quick pic.


Edited by jonyoo - 11/11/13 at 9:19pm
post #2384 of 2550
Thanks for the info jonyoo! Hope you enjoy your cable. :-) My H-200 are slightly missing in action somewhere in our Australian postal system. If they love me, they'll find their way home.
post #2385 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post

I saw your review but the cable I have seems to have similarities and differences to both of the cables you reviewed. I ordered these straight from t-peos' home page since I live in Korea. The cable is flexible but unfortunately seems to be slightly more sensitive to microphonics than the red or black cable that the h200 originally comes with and I wear mine over the ears. The cable build quality is excellent. It does not look cheap at all. No tacky glue marks and no colored tape or anything of the sort like the one you had reviewed. The plug is exactly the same. I know they weren't able to produce these for a while because they were out of stock on resources to make them. They just restocked last monday. Maybe this one is a different issue not sure.

As for the sound changes, for me, the most noticeable quality is the improvement of fullness and clarity which seems to be effected most in the highs. Slightly less sibilance. I actually don't mind when there's a little bit of sibilance but not when the texture of high-hats, crashes/splashes start to disappear and all you hear is the sharp shhhhh chhhhh sounds. It sounds better with these cables but it would be better if there was a just little less sibilance. These cables don't change the sound/high-mid-low balance of the h200's significantly. Just improves the overall fullness, clarity and detail like I mentioned.

I'd say its definitely worth $50 (total) which is how much it cost in Korea. In Korea, the cable goes into production after you place the order because not a lot of people buy them. It took exactly a week for order processing, production (approx. 5 days) and shipping (2 days). Customer service was really kind to explain everything to me. Quite satisfied.

Here is a quick pic.


50? Wth.... Why so much for us?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread